Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by InTheFlesh View Post
    Well then we've found out why the site's so boring
    Indeed.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    People "that prefer extremely dry, logically consistent, and serious undertones in virtually every discussion they participate in" are often STJs.

You're just an INTP outlier. An outsider among outsiders.
    My exact statement, word-for-word was "There are some people in the world that prefer extremely dry, logically consistent, and serious undertones in virtually every discussion they participate in."

That did not necessitate I was one of those people.

In the real world, I have many types of discussions. Amongst friends - they are RARELY the "super-serious, logically perfect" types. In terms of online discussion? Why not, it is my preference. I am a member of a number of forums. Most of them have devolved into inane rhetoric, baseless bantering, ad hominems and personal attacks for virtually every discussion.

This very thread consists of the same straw-mans and ad hominems as a majority of other threads I have witnessed on the entirety of the fucking internet.

This is just a person experience; it is purely anecdotal in nature. In my case, it hurts my brain. It really, really, hurts my brain. It makes me feel like I'm growing more and more stupid, the more illogical and fallacious statements from other people I read.

The reason why I prefer the dry, overly-serious undertones of INTJf is because there are people there who will engage me, intellectually and on a consistent basis. Those who DO NOT follow logic, or provide sufficient and reasonable explanations and/or evidence for their arguments are called out on their bullshit and subsequently ignored and/or ridiculed.

If I say something retarded, I'm going to get called out for it. It keeps me on edge; it stimulates my brain.

In this regard I WILL ADMIT that INTPc does an even BETTER job. The serious posters there are even more logical & linguistically perfect. However, like I previously stated, I mostly dislike company of other INTPs (again, purely personal experience).

I am sick of forums with laissez-faire moderation and where one-liners and worthless responses such as "thank you for your input" are allowed to exist. I am NOT on INTJf to engage with emotional wretches or people who don't have thick skin.

It is a bit much for some people - true. If you don't like it, why waste your time on there? I suppose trolling does have its merits, however childish it may be.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    My exact statement, word-for-word was "There are some people in the world that prefer extremely dry, logically consistent, and serious undertones in virtually every discussion they participate in."

That did not necessitate I was one of those people.

In the real world, I have many types of discussions. Amongst friends - they are RARELY the "super-serious, logically perfect" types. In terms of online discussion? Why not, it is my preference. I am a member of a number of forums. Most of them have devolved into inane rhetoric, baseless bantering, ad hominems and personal attacks for virtually every discussion.

This very thread consists of the same straw-mans and ad hominems as a majority of other threads I have witnessed on the entirety of the fucking internet.

This is just a person experience; it is purely anecdotal in nature. In my case, it hurts my brain. It really, really, hurts my brain. It makes me feel like I'm growing more and more stupid, the more illogical and fallacious statements from other people I read.

The reason why I prefer the dry, overly-serious undertones of INTJf is because there are people there who will engage me, intellectually and on a consistent basis. Those who DO NOT follow logic, or provide sufficient and reasonable explanations and/or evidence for their arguments are called out on their bullshit and subsequently ignored and/or ridiculed.

If I say something retarded, I'm going to get called out for it. It keeps me on edge; it stimulates my brain.

In this regard I WILL ADMIT that INTPc does an even BETTER job. The serious posters there are even more logical & linguistically perfect. However, like I previously stated, I mostly dislike company of other INTPs (again, purely personal experience).

I am sick of forums with laissez-faire moderation and where one-liners and worthless responses such as "thank you for your input" are allowed to exist. I am NOT on INTJf to engage with emotional wretches or people who don't have thick skin.

It is a bit much for some people - true. If you don't like it, why waste your time on there? I suppose trolling does have its merits, however childish it may be.
    My opinion stands.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

STJs
    My opinion stands.
    Opinions are like _______. Everyone has one. For the most part, they don't stand so much as hobble behind the walkers of their belief systems.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Opinions are like _______. Everyone has one. For the most part, they don't stand so much as hobble behind the walkers of their belief systems.
    Another opinion!

Glycerine

Awwwwww the love!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Another opinion!
    Sorry, sir. That one was a fact.

After all, everyone knows it to be true.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    INTP

Nice trolls from this site infesting INTJf. Don't worry, they'll get banned soon enough.