User Tag List

First 20282930313240 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Harmony View Post
    The last time I was over there I think I only saw one moderator/administrator that was INTJ.... I've seen INTP, INFP, ENFP.... It's been awhile since I've been there though.
    Perhaps it's a bit of a "When in rome.." mentality in that you have a bunch of other types trying to emulate the characteristics of the the archetypal INTJ profile, but with the end result being some overly exaggerated caricature of an INTJ.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Thisica View Post
    How do you guys know that the INTJf is mostly run by ISTJs?
    Part of the problem is that any real INTJ is too independent to donate his time to moderating a forum. Hence, ISTJs, INFJs, INTPs, etc. The real INTJs are over in the private part of the forum enjoying themselves.

Also, those INTJs who do decide to moderate will often be younger, and Te tends to override Ni when making moderation decisions, giving a more ISTJ-ish appearance, even if one is legitimately INTJ. Remember, our people skills suck.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    I was just banned for posting the in the support and feedback section of INTJ forum the following two messages on a thread entitled 'What is happened this forum?' where a poster asks why the general quality of posts has became very low in recent months:

Thread deleted with the message:

Therefore, I decided to confirm that such idiocy is only tolerated to a point regardless of consequence.

Banned with the message:

And so... he did.

I lolled mightily, but was unsurprised

I have never been impressed with either the quality of posts, discussion or indeed the ethics of the forum and I'm happy to be out of it.

In essence if you ever wish to create an INTJ forum my first recommendation is not to run it on STJ principles and allow at least a general level of discussion and debate on all topics otherwise your INTJs will smell it, protest at first and then leave, more often than not, with a bang.

This is evidenced from the condition of said forum with only a few '6,000posts+' INTJs of any quality who barely post maintaining any sort of continuous community.

I ask you, INTJ members of typologycentral, what maketh a good INTJ type specific board - to you.
    That really seems out of the norm, actually. Normally, near anything is tolerated. See if you can get ahold of the site owner, jezebel.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    That really seems out of the norm, actually. Normally, near anything is tolerated. See if you can get ahold of the site owner, jezebel.
    THE Js HAVE COME TO A CONCLUSION

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Thisica View Post
    How do you guys know that the INTJf is mostly run by ISTJs?
    I think some INTJs fail to recognize that there are strong similarities between the 2 types, some that won't be recognized based on words on a screen.

INTJs can also be very rigid and rules based. The sterotype lies with the ISTJs because of their reliance on Si, which can (but not always) be based on a 'traditional' approach. The ability of Ni does not preclude it from taking a traditional approach if it's deemed best fit for the situation. Both Si and Ni users can be 'tight' once they've determined their way to be the best. Not to be overlooked is Te's impact on the situation.

MBTI
    INTj

That really seems out of the norm, actually. Normally, near anything is tolerated.
    *bullshit meter goes off*
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    I was just banned for posting the in the support and feedback section of INTJ forum the following two messages on a thread entitled 'What is happened this forum?' where a poster asks why the general quality of posts has became very low in recent months:

Thread deleted with the message:

Therefore, I decided to confirm that such idiocy is only tolerated to a point regardless of consequence.

Banned with the message:

And so... he did.

I lolled mightily, but was unsurprised

I have never been impressed with either the quality of posts, discussion or indeed the ethics of the forum and I'm happy to be out of it.

In essence if you ever wish to create an INTJ forum my first recommendation is not to run it on STJ principles and allow at least a general level of discussion and debate on all topics otherwise your INTJs will smell it, protest at first and then leave, more often than not, with a bang.

This is evidenced from the condition of said forum with only a few '6,000posts+' INTJs of any quality who barely post maintaining any sort of continuous community.

I ask you, INTJ members of typologycentral, what maketh a good INTJ type specific board - to you.
    Maybe I am quite lucky I have not been banned here then.. Because Wow!!! That's fucked up.
    I think I owe the Mods here an apology

I came into this thread to say if INTJ forum is boring, the logical explanation would be that INTJs are boring.
    (But I discovered so much more.) And I am not sure I would agree with that straight line reasoning anyway. Some INTJs are not boring.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    *bullshit meter goes off*
    Yeah, the phrase, "Nearly anything is tolerated" is, from the things I've heard others say, not one that I would naturally think to apply to INTJf. (I've been pretty careful when I post there, due to my natural P-ness.)

At least in terms of process and organization and where to say what.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yeah, the phrase, "Nearly anything is tolerated" is, from the things I've heard others say, not one that I would naturally think to apply to INTJf. (I've been pretty careful when I post there, due to my natural P-ness.)

At least in terms of process and organization and where to say what.
    Put it this way: nearly any viewpoint is tolerated. Putting things in the wrong forum, anything which can be interpreted as trolling, etc. will not be tolerated. It's just a different set of standards then other forums have. Somebody said it's "ISTJ-like." It's just very much Te. Many other forums, such as this one, use more Fe-oriented rules, rather than the strict but fair, explicit rules of the INTJForum. I've never seen anything like what happened to InvisibleJim before. That's why I think if he complains about it to administration, which is normally very fair, he might get a resolution. A lot of the people who complain about the forum are people who were knowingly in violation of the rules, and expect to get out of it because they "didn't mean to cause any trouble." I think it's more a conflict of personality type and methodology, rather than any actual unfairness or bias on the part of forum management. (barring this one obvious exception)
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    INTj

Put it this way: nearly any viewpoint is tolerated. Putting things in the wrong forum, anything which can be interpreted as trolling, etc. will not be tolerated.
    That seems more accurate. Although, I don't really believe that either.

Does't really matter though.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight