User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 444

  1. #21
    On a mission Usehername's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post

    also, not very many interesting threads and too much of an accepted atmostphere of discrimination and intolerance of certain groups of people (for my tastes! )
    I've noticed this, too.

    good points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ayrab View Post
    ...the level of holier than thou-ness on the forums. ...
    Those guys seemed almost autistic to me, and I don't think I have ever met anyone that behaved in their manner in real life. I am not saying that people should conform to the norms or anything like that, but I seemed to get an attittude of, I am going to behave opposite of the norm because that is the right thing to do from these people. Maybe I am just being overly enfpish or something of that nature, but their behaviour seemed very fake and more like an enfp smoke and mirror show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badlands View Post

    As for Metamorphasis's claim that their posts are too long, I think any Rational, especially the Introverts, can become engrossed enough in their work that they add too much detail and turn off less interested, patient, or concentrating people. Personally, I think getting straight to the point is for most nonformal purposes more effective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    As an INTJ, you should be able to come up with some ideas of your own about how to make it better. One person must take initiative for something to be any good; if you're seeing activity, don't complain about it - do something about it. Throw a load of topics out there that you're interested in, and you'll have swayed the discussion in your favour.
    I've registered and TRIED. I posted 70-something times, and a lot of those are topic formations. I do have ideas to make it better, and have even suggested some of them to the admin. I also got a warning for a silly reason; the admin seems very moody in a bad way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Because there is no diversity. Same at INTPc. "Look at me! No look at meee!"
    Yet, INTPc is full of interesting things. Yes, INTJf is a lot younger, but in pure ratios of quality threads, there is no comparison. INTPc doesn't really annoy me--there's crap in there, too, but it's not that difficult to move past it and find the good stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post

    My theory is that many claimed INTJs have Asperger's Syndrome, which seems to cause results around that end of the scale, and is probably due to the unconventionality of their thought patterns vaguely matching ours. They're more prone to long-winded boring esoteric diatribes about some subjects than an INTJ, which could readily explain it. There is also the common false-INTJ, which is actually an ISTJ, which adds a weird dynamic with the high concentration of people with Asperger's. This could easily cause a fact-oriented no-negotiation lecturing style to permeate the culture.
    It seems like the forum just lacks a depth of quality. Wolf's ideas of the ISTJs and Aspes being overrepresented is helpful; still, the "tone" of the forum is not something I find interesting.

    I also felt like whenever I posted there, no one read my posts; instead, they just skimmed for key words and then began a diatribe with their thoughts that were vaguely related.

    The INTJs on this forum meet the descriptions (this one from personalitypage) "Others may falsely perceive the INTJ as being rigid and set in their ways. Nothing could be further from the truth, because the INTJ is committed to always finding the objective best strategy to implement their ideas."
    INTJf reminds me of this quote (also there) "When Introverted iNtuition dominates the INTJ such that the other functions cannot serve their own purposes, we find the INTJ cutting off information that it needs to consider. If the psyche is presented with information that looks anything like something that Introverted iNtuition has processed in the past, it uses Extraverted Thinking to quickly reject that information. The psyche uses Extraverted Thinking to reject the ideas, rather than analyzing the information within its intuitive framework, and therefore reduces the likelihood that the framework will have to be reshaped and redefined."
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

  2. #22
    Senior Member Veneti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    XNTX
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalWounds View Post
    To start, other than what I just looked up on Google I know very little about Normal culture, however, I can tell you that I have ancestry from Ireland that is well documented, and Norse heritage that is for some reason significantly harder to find anything about (Among other European areas such as France, and Germany). From what I just looked up, I would say that it is quite possible that my background is tied into the Norman culture.

    I am interested to hear your theory, care to explain?
    Well, I won't hijack this thread so I'll speak more in the coming weeks.

    Basically, the Normans (North Men) are desendents of the Viking, They teamed up with the Viking to take Britain from the Anglo Saxons in 1066.

    You would likely be Viking, if my theory holds, especially if you can trace back to Dublin Ireland and/or can ascertain your surname as being a Viking derivative. (Almost certain the Normans didn't venture to Ireland)

    Anyway, Given that the male Y chromosome stays (reasonably) constant through the generations, I do believe that traits (In males) and so forth also pass down this line..

    The Vikings/Normans were seriously a very different breed of people. The more you learn about them, the more you'll see that NTJ "8w7" trait line. (The Castles, The Churches, The Crusades, its all there... it wasn't prissy 5w stuff, Lots of J, Lots of NT... and good old fashioned pillaging )

    Image:Vikings-Voyages.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  3. #23
    Senior Member matmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    NICE
    Posts
    1,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veneti View Post
    You would likely be Viking, if my theory holds, especially if you can trace back to Dublin Ireland and/or can ascertain your surname as being a Viking derivative. (Almost certain the Normans didn't venture to Ireland)
    You're theory is an interesting one but has a tiny weakness... You have catagorized a whole people as one type! Quite clearly any self-respecting Viking would have a strong interest in rape and pillage (supplimented by a bit of trade and fishing) - more S than N, more E than I more P than J and probably more F than T!

    Lastly, I've known quite a few Scandinavians and there doesn't appear to be any greater concentration of INTJs there than anywhere else IMO. If there were your theory might be worth exploring more. Do you have any figures?

    Edit: You'll find the Normans were very active in Ireland: Normans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  4. #24
    Senior Member MerkW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veneti View Post
    If I remember rightly your ennegram (sp) is something like mine 8w7, which speaks volumes.... basically all the intjforum people there are 5w types. e.g. ISTJs that have a bit of N and call themselves INTJs.
    I do agree with the notion that a large degree of INTJs on INTJforum are in reality ISTJs, yet it is ludicrous to associate that with 5 on the enneagram. 5s certainly have more "intuitive" traits than 8s.


    Quote Originally Posted by Veneti View Post

    The Vikings/Normans were seriously a very different breed of people. The more you learn about them, the more you'll see that NTJ "8w7" trait line. (The Castles, The Churches, The Crusades, its all there... it wasn't prissy 5w stuff, Lots of J, Lots of NT... and good old fashioned pillaging )
    There is no way that the Vikings/Normans had Se as an inferior function. I could see ENTJ in certain situations, but overall, I think ESTP is more apt.

    Also, precisely what is this "prissy 5w stuff" that you ever-so-vaguely refer to?
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

    "Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

    INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

  5. #25
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post

    Yet, INTPc is full of interesting things. Yes, INTJf is a lot younger, but in pure ratios of quality threads, there is no comparison. INTPc doesn't really annoy me--there's crap in there, too, but it's not that difficult to move past it and find the good stuff.

    I'm older and more cynical. Don't mind me.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

  6. #26
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    1. They are all concerned with being the "most INTJ" INTJ that the nature of the forum becomes competitive and not helpful.
    2. Everyone's posts are way too long to get out a simple point.
    3. Everyone thinks all INTJ traits are awesome, even if they are obviously flaws.
    4. Everyone feels compelled (as far as I can tell) to show off their wittiness and intelligence every chance they get.
    This is why I don't go.

    They're not very inclusive either. I saw quickly that any of my contributions would be ignored because I was different. No one was really looking for threads to pick up and chase down; they already possessed invested points of view and just enjoy hearing themselves talk.

    (Ah, to sit and stare at one's own face in the shiny water!)

    No bust on Jezebel, though. I don't know her well, and haven't been there recently, but she seemed professional and competent enough as an admin and I genuinely liked her as a person.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    My theory is that many claimed INTJs have Asperger's Syndrome, which seems to cause results around that end of the scale, and is probably due to the unconventionality of their thought patterns vaguely matching ours....
    Well, isn't this ironic? Weren't you pissing and moaning in the "server problems" thread about people speaking out of their ass in ways that sounded like they knew what they were talking about, but to you they were just database n00bs?

    Where did you get your psych degree from?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  7. #27
    More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veneti View Post
    Well, I won't hijack this thread so I'll speak more in the coming weeks.

    Basically, the Normans (North Men) are desendents of the Viking, They teamed up with the Viking to take Britain from the Anglo Saxons in 1066.

    You would likely be Viking, if my theory holds, especially if you can trace back to Dublin Ireland and/or can ascertain your surname as being a Viking derivative. (Almost certain the Normans didn't venture to Ireland)

    Anyway, Given that the male Y chromosome stays (reasonably) constant through the generations, I do believe that traits (In males) and so forth also pass down this line..

    The Vikings/Normans were seriously a very different breed of people. The more you learn about them, the more you'll see that NTJ "8w7" trait line. (The Castles, The Churches, The Crusades, its all there... it wasn't prissy 5w stuff, Lots of J, Lots of NT... and good old fashioned pillaging )

    Image:Vikings-Voyages.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    That's some really interesting material, I'll have to pick your brain a little later down the line.

    In relations to INTJs, I've noticed there is quite a schism between 8 wing and 5 wing INTJs. 5s acuse 8s of really being ENTx, and 8s accuse 5s of being ISTJs. Either way, it's all based on the mentality that the signle greatest insult to an INTJ is to accuse them of not being one.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

  8. #28
    a white iris elfinchilde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    1,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    They're insufferable even in small groups...
    *a little intp blithely walks in amongst the INTJs to be slaughtered*

    Yea. I should imagine INTJs would be even more insufferable in small groups because then, the INTJ command-and-control exerted upon per minion would be greater than if the INTJ got to boss around a big group of minions. From the minion's point of view, spreading the suffering always helps. After all, no one person should havta *suffer* an INTJ alone. That would be so cruel. That's why misery loves company.

    INTJs in a mass forum wouldn't survive, because everyone would want to dominate, and no one would want to listen.

    INTPs in a mass together would be all "Look at meee!" "what? no one is looking at me? " "well, that's because they're all idiots who can't appreciate my *superior* intellect!* :steam: "

    ahem.

    *the little intp decides that right now would be an appropriate moment to play possum and lie dead*
    You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
    They called me the hyacinth girl.
    Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
    Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
    Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
    Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
    Looking into the heart of light, the silence.

    --T.S Eliot, The Wasteland

  9. #29
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Subjective points of view that have no merit would never be used in our thought processes.
    Maybe, as I've seen, your point of view is wrong and beliefs are severely skewed due to utilizing poor and/or biased sources. We don't come to accept a certain way of thinking lightly.
    Too much of this attitude over there, which the phrase "close-minded certitude" seems to fit quite aptly

    A group of INTJs who wants to interact with other INTJs seems (to me) to be a group of INTJs only interested in becoming more extreme in thier type and rather uninterested in opening themselves up to other viewpoints or thought processes. INTJs who choose to interact with other types sometimes display an interest in learning more about other types and how to interact with them.

    I lurk over there occasionally and have an unused account there- unused because I know for sure that my EPness and leftist politics would just be a lightning rod for INTJs who would somehow find me to be what is wrong with society. I'm quite confident that no matter how well thought out and educated any opinion of mine would be it would merely be discounted as "the product of a bogus education". Why? Because apparently anyone with half a mind would agree with them if they had the right facts

    Just my observations though
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  10. #30
    only bites when provoked
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Well, isn't this ironic? Weren't you pissing and moaning in the "server problems" thread about people speaking out of their ass in ways that sounded like they knew what they were talking about, but to you they were just database n00bs?
    I answered the problem mentioned, and they went off on unrelated tangents that indicate one was claiming something bogus.

    Where did you get your psych degree from?
    I don't need one. Many mention they've been diagnosed. There's no way to tell via this medium, though they do possess certain common patterns that can be identified over time. Have you ever seen an argument on en.wp?
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

    Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

Similar Threads

  1. [ESFP] From an ESFP: Why is everyone so surprised when I say something intelligent?!
    By KarenParker in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 07-14-2009, 05:23 AM
  2. Why is everyone so upset about AIG bonuses being contractually fufilled?
    By Venom in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 03-31-2009, 06:47 PM
  3. Why is it so hard to not feed the trolls?
    By Zergling in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 05:23 AM
  4. Why is this so funny?
    By proteanmix in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 11:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO