User Tag List

First 19272829303139 Last

Results 281 to 290 of 444

  1. #281
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    11

    Default

    INTJs are serious people, nothing humorous gets to them at all!

  2. #282
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    I was just banned for posting the in the support and feedback section of INTJ forum the following two messages on a thread entitled 'What is happened this forum?' where a poster asks why the general quality of posts has became very low in recent months:

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim
    Most decent threads require very little feedback because they are well constructed and concise, by contrast it is easy to give feedback to poor quality threads because there are so many items to comment upon. However, some of the logic behind the forum leaves a lot to be desired.

    I have created three threads on this forum: a hello thread; a cognitive functions thread and a please undelete my thread thread.

    I received upwards of 10 reps on my thread which was concise high quality feedback from individual knowledgeable members. By contrast the thread was deleted by a mod and then restored. The mod then preceded to spend about 10 posts complaining about the thread, effectively shutting it down to other members.

    In addition many of the dross threads are moderators pulling a comment out of context to generate a new thread because it is 'off topic and worth discussing' as a great example see the thread '90% of everything done by white men' which was never intended to be a thread. This causes a proliferation in poor quality threads and posts.

    Of course, this is likely because all of the moderators that perform these actions are not INTJ, on a forum explicitly labelled INTJforum and these actions do not gel well with the quality and content that the type demands.

    As a forum which states it wishes to have a forum with a highly dominant INTJ userbase then it would be sensible to encourage decision making which generates the quality of forum that fits the archetype.

    Otherwise it's a case of walk the walk, but don't talk the talk. If you do this the bullshit alarms trip and INTJs will walk the walk elsewhere
    Thread deleted with the message:

    Quote Originally Posted by stasis
    This thread is not about you and your pet issue.
    Therefore, I decided to confirm that such idiocy is only tolerated to a point regardless of consequence.

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim
    I made a post, on topic addressing the OP. Ironically the post was deleted by an administrator. This is the problem.
    Banned with the message:

    Quote Originally Posted by stasis
    No time for this. But the internet is vast: frolic elsewhere and be free.

    Date the ban will be lifted: Never
    And so... he did.

    I lolled mightily, but was unsurprised

    I have never been impressed with either the quality of posts, discussion or indeed the ethics of the forum and I'm happy to be out of it.

    In essence if you ever wish to create an INTJ forum my first recommendation is not to run it on STJ principles and allow at least a general level of discussion and debate on all topics otherwise your INTJs will smell it, protest at first and then leave, more often than not, with a bang.

    This is evidenced from the condition of said forum with only a few '6,000posts+' INTJs of any quality who barely post maintaining any sort of continuous community.

    I ask you, INTJ members of typologycentral, what maketh a good INTJ type specific board - to you.

  3. #283
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    I saw you got banned!

    In my own complaint thread (after a post of mine was deleted for sarcasm) this exchange happened and has not been deleted yet:

    [QUOTE=MacGuffin;1635592]Sarcastic references... oh god, why do I bother?

    Just relabel the forum ISTJf.[/QUOTE]

    [QUOTE=peter;1635863]You may not relabel the forum ISTJf. This forum was created by INTJs primarily for the use of people identifying with that personality type. Relabeling it as ISTJf would therefore be innappropriate and misleading.[/QUOTE]

    [QUOTE=MacGuffin;1637945]Assuming this is irony... This is the best post I've read in days.[/QUOTE]

  4. #284
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    It's totally super. It's the first place I've ever been told that talking typology was not allowed... on a typology board.

    My roflcopter was taking strafing runs at the place every few weeks for months, it was impossible to take such a place seriously.

  5. #285
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I saw you got banned!

    In my own complaint thread (after a post of mine was deleted for sarcasm) this exchange happened and has not been deleted yet:




    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    It's totally super. It's the first place I've ever been told that talking typology was not allowed... on a typology board.

    My roflcopter was taking strafing runs at the place every few weeks for months, it was impossible to take such a place seriously.
    Who are these people? I want to go there!

    I'd be banned within 30 seconds.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  6. #286
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heihachi Hayashida View Post
    INTJs are serious people, nothing humorous gets to them at all!
    That's not true, real life INTJ's get subtleties in a lot of humor and are hilarious themselves! I don't know where all these fake INTJ's are coming from. Flat affects, inability to read between the lines, socially incompetent... That's something else completely. Mental illness does not equal INTJ!!

    I guess you don't see these guys roaming about much in real life. Would have to go bust into their houses and find them in their dark rooms.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  7. #287
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Why is INTJforum so boring?
    I realized that recently. I think it's because there are hardly any other types present in that forum. Here, or at PersonalityCafe, you have the other types as well... makes things interesting. Imagine a room in reality filled with INTJs. I think that'd be boring as well... certainly more boring that one with FPs.

    Also I think that in a lot of INTJ forums the INTJs there aren't really what you'd call interesting or successful INTJs. Some of them cling to their INTJ type as some form of ego boost.

  8. #288
    Senior Member Noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin
    Sarcastic references... oh god, why do I bother?

    Just relabel the forum ISTJf.
    Quote Originally Posted by peter
    You may not relabel the forum ISTJf. This forum was created by INTJs primarily for the use of people identifying with that personality type. Relabeling it as ISTJf would therefore be innappropriate and misleading.
    I love this

  9. #289
    Senior Member Thisica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    384

    Default

    How do you guys know that the INTJf is mostly run by ISTJs?
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

    What do you think about me? And for the darker side, here.

  10. #290
    Senior Member Chaotic Harmony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Posts
    1,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thisica View Post
    How do you guys know that the INTJf is mostly run by ISTJs?
    The last time I was over there I think I only saw one moderator/administrator that was INTJ.... I've seen INTP, INFP, ENFP.... It's been awhile since I've been there though.

    From what InvisibleJim said obviously things haven't changed...

Similar Threads

  1. [ESFP] From an ESFP: Why is everyone so surprised when I say something intelligent?!
    By KarenParker in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 07-14-2009, 05:23 AM
  2. Why is everyone so upset about AIG bonuses being contractually fufilled?
    By Venom in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 03-31-2009, 06:47 PM
  3. Why is it so hard to not feed the trolls?
    By Zergling in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 05:23 AM
  4. Why is this so funny?
    By proteanmix in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 11:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO