User Tag List

First 17252627282937 Last

Did you notice the links in the left-hand nav bar? Burials, coroner and cremation. Synchronicity?

INTJf isn't boring but it can be dry. There is humour but more of the cutting kind instead of the lighter, flirtatious variety. Basically, if you ain't got nuffink of substance to say, don't say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Credence View Post
    Their admins and moderators are either admittedly drunk (no lie) [...]
    Is that bad?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Boring my be a bit of an exaggeration, but I definitely understand how someone could reach that conclusion. I generally lurk there more than I post, but there's lots of discussion topics and debates that I find intriguing. It really just caters to a different, less fluff tolerant audience, but at the same time I think it falls into the same problem of other single type oriented site where it basically becomes this odd contest of sorts between the membership of who can fit closer to the archetypal XXXX type. Sure it has its own brand of fluff, but even it appears overly structured and compartmentalized.

violaine

I like INTJf but being on a forum with your own type for long can be a yawn-fest, in reference to the OP. Everything is too predictable. I'm not drawn to INFJ forums for that reason, even though I really enjoy reading and interacting with the other INFJs here.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

It's not boring. You just haven't spent enough time there. There's a lot wrong with the INTJforum, but boringness isn't part of it. It's great for being exposed to different ideas and debating people about those ideas.

If you want to say that people there are cold and self-centered, fine. That's true in many cases. That's why I belong to other forums as well. But boring? No way!
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

The people who run the website seem to be incredibly incompetent. This is just one example, but there's a rule that people under the age of 18 aren't allowed to post, supposedly because some teenagers' parents sued some forum for some reason. It's an embarrassing excuse to make it seem like they're accomplishing something and like they're making order while in reality they're just inconveniencing a good portion of their own posters and wasting their own time. The whole forum is wrought with these things; threads being locked for the most minor infraction, people banned and warned for absurd reasons, etc. The mods are so ridiculously strict that it just becomes pretentious and cringe-inducing. I can just imagine every time they lock a thread they pat themselves on the back for being such good enforcers of the forum rules. It's nauseating. I don't even have an account, so this isn't some guy whining after being banned.

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

Something else to note is all the completely unnecessary limits and restrictions when it comes to posting and even viewing. You have to have 2 posts to see images and links, 20 posts to view certain subforums, 30 posts to edit your avatar, 45 posts to do something else, etc etc etc. It's so ridiculous and, again, shows how painfully pretentious the owners are. As if these limits do ANYTHING to help facilitate intelligent discussion, as if they do anything AT ALL other than to waste both readers' and administrators' time.

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

Look at this thread: http://intjforum.com/showthread.php?t=48252

A guy is wondering why his thread was deleted without explanation, without warning, and without any understandable reason. The moderators are condescending and childish, and in the end, don't even answer his fucking question. The thread gets restored but why it was deleted in the first place isn't explained. It's honestly the worst online message board I've ever come across.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

*shrug* I didn't really think it was boring... I just got tired of being ignored. I felt like since I wasn't in the "in-crowd" and I wasn't an INTJ that anything I posted was overlooked. Granted that's not the only forum I've felt that way on...but it's the one that I noticed it happens the most often on. I finally just chose to stay away. Most of the people I liked there I kept in contact through IMs or found them on other forums.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

INTJf must not be boring at all!