User Tag List

First 13212223242533 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

INTJforums... I get the idea that most of the INTJs there are other types believing they are INTJs and putting on a cover they think is genuine. And even if they are INTJs, the last thing I would want to see is myself discriminating other's methods only to find out that I work in a similar way.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Quite simply, you find it boring because you don't get INTJs.
    Not that it necessarily invalidates your point, but Usehername is an INTJ.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Not that it necessarily invalidates your point, but Usehername is an INTJ.
    It's interesting to know that, because it does change which points I'd emphasize. As I initially stated, the original post is from long ago, long before I encountered the INTJforum. So possibly the content, quality and participation has changed since then.

Assuming that she is INTJ and things haven't changed substantially at INTJf, it might just be an issue of what kind of people you prefer to be around. From my own experience, while I understand most INTJs, both in real life and on the net, I find most of them to be "boring" and often obnoxious. As an INTJ myself, I'm sure plenty of other INTJs find me to be boring and obnoxious in return, which really doesn't help with finding fun connections with people!

The "interesting" INTJs I know have developed more than Ni Te (but are still clearly INTJ). The social skills I have been forced to learn to deal with most types don't work on other INTJs who don't have these other functions, in particular Fi. The INTJ-to-INTJ etiquette without any Fi is unique, where the real key for connecting is to determine the other INTJ's focus, what that INTJ "is all about." If you can find and share that focus, there's a real dynamic that develops. The focus can be art or music or movies or computers or science or politics or whatever: the topic isn't INTJ specific, but the intensity of the focus is characteristic of INTJs. INTJs are very guarded and shy, until they are certain of the material under discussion (their focus), at which point the Te and Ni seem to switch places for a while and they open up.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

cuz its full of intjs
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

violaine

I didn't read this thread but I like INTJf. It's interesting to read the thoughts there though granted there is not a lot of banter.

I know they have a reputation for having a fortress mentality. I understand that if it stems from feeling/being misunderstood they way Ni-doms often feel as uumlau neatly delineated.

As an aside I think the kind of behaviors grouped as typically INTJ could use some rigorous sorting. It seems it's become the catch all for anyone asexual, schizoid, emotionally detached.
    Last edited by violaine; 02-11-2010 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    cuz its full of intjs
    QFT.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Really, it's just the Ni. There are two MBTI types that emphasize Ni (INTJ, INFJ), and both of them have this problem of being/feeling misunderstood by others.
    Do you not believe that everyone feels misunderstood by at least a proportion of the population to a certain degree from time to time?

It's not reserved to the exclusive domain of Ni doms.

My heavens, even a Te dom or Si dom could feel the same way, imagine that.

Edit: I'm just curious ... to see how you respond ...
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Do you not believe that everyone feels misunderstood by at least a proportion of the population to a certain degree from time to time?

It's not reserved to the exclusive domain of Ni doms.

My heavens, even a Te dom or Si dom could feel the same way from time to time, imagine that.
    Of course everyone feels misunderstood sometimes. But Ni doms, from what I have observed, tend to feel this way pretty much all the time. It's a state of being, not a passing feeling. Even among those of similar types, the internal abstractions that Ni builds really cannot be conveyed between individuals: each individual develops one's Ni models on one's own.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

As I initially stated, the original post is from long ago, long before I encountered the INTJforum. So possibly the content, quality and participation has changed since then.
    Imo it has become stricter.

Personally I don't describe it as boring tho.

Assuming that she is INTJ and things haven't changed substantially at INTJf, it might just be an issue of what kind of people you prefer to be around.
    There are a number of posters here who are most convincingly INTJ however don't like INTJf for whatever reason, Userhername and EffEmDoubleyou are just a couple, it is, like you say, simply a matter of preference.

Also: In the 'misunderstood' stakes, methinks INFPs will always win. They are snowflakes Not everyone feels particularly misunderstood tho, PeaceBaby.

MBTI
    INFJ

Being a prominent member there, I'm hardly unbiased, but...

There's a couple reasons I really like INTJf. I really, really like arguing about subjects in science, philosophy, etc., often intensely. In real life, though, and at most forums, I'm often concerned about coming across as offensive, or too intense, or hurting people's feelings. Generally speaking, this is not something I have to worry about there; I can let my tertiary function out, full force.

Then, when I'm done with arguing for a while, I can go hang out in the blogs section, or the lounge, and huggle all the people I like =D

I'm very fond of the firm divide between serious discussion and lighthearted banter there. Sometimes I'm in the mood for one or the other, and that divide isn't really something I've seen elsewhere.