User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 444

  1. #11
    Senior Member matmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    NICE
    Posts
    1,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalWounds View Post
    INTJfourm is like being trapped in my own head, there's nothing new, nothing fresh, I might as well have a conversation with myself.


    The very idea of INTJs congregating and debating only among themselves should fill everyone with mortal dread. They probably have a private subforum, only for INTJs, where world domination strategies are discussed.

    At heart they're all wannabe Bond villains. And they know it.

  2. #12
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,936

    Default

    Because there is no diversity. Same at INTPc. "Look at me! No look at meee!"
    Time is a delicate mistress.

  3. #13
    More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    678

    Default

    I've also noticed that INTJs tend to find each other insufferable in large groups.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

  4. #14
    Senior Member matmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    NICE
    Posts
    1,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalWounds View Post
    I've also noticed that INTJs tend to find each other insufferable in large groups.
    They're insufferable even in small groups...

  5. #15
    More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    They're insufferable even in small groups...
    I wonder why that is.

    Probably because I know that anyone who thinks like me would be wisely avoided.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

  6. #16
    Senior Member Veneti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    XNTX
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalWounds View Post
    I wonder why that is.

    Probably because I know that anyone who thinks like me would be wisely avoided.
    If I remember rightly your ennegram (sp) is something like mine 8w7, which speaks volumes.... basically all the intjforum people there are 5w types. e.g. ISTJs that have a bit of N and call themselves INTJs.

    The real INTJs that really are thinking and intuitive WANT diversity of opinion simply because its the reflective process that sheds new light.

    SJs want to be on INTJForum, whereas INTJs want to be on LOTS of forums, and especially those that are (as they say) diametrically opposite...

    I didn't consider anyone there as seriously smart... like I say, real INTJs are 1:1000 not 2.2%.

  7. #17
    More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veneti View Post
    If I remember rightly your ennegram (sp) is something like mine 8w7, which speaks volumes.... basically all the intjforum people there are 5w types. e.g. ISTJs that have a bit of N and call themselves INTJs.

    The real INTJs that really are thinking and intuitive WANT diversity of opinion simply because its the reflective process that sheds new light.

    SJs want to be on INTJForum, whereas INTJs want to be on LOTS of forums, and especially those that are (as they say) diametrically opposite...

    I didn't consider anyone there as seriously smart... like I say, real INTJs are 1:1000 not 2.2%.
    That's correct, I am an 8w7. I also couldn't agree with you more on your theory.

    (Thanks for reminding me to put that back in my sig btw)
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

  8. #18
    Senior Member Veneti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    XNTX
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalWounds View Post
    That's correct, I am an 8w7. I also couldn't agree with you more on your theory.

    (Thanks for reminding me to put that back in my sig btw)
    Is your distant ancestory Norman by any chance?

    I have a theory about psych traits following the Y chromosome.

  9. #19
    only bites when provoked
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    ...all the traits of their type -- good and bad -- are accepted, encouraged, and even justified.
    There are bad? I thought that was only from the third-party perspective of people possessing different types.

    My theory is that many claimed INTJs have Asperger's Syndrome, which seems to cause results around that end of the scale, and is probably due to the unconventionality of their thought patterns vaguely matching ours. They're more prone to long-winded boring esoteric diatribes about some subjects than an INTJ, which could readily explain it. There is also the common false-INTJ, which is actually an ISTJ, which adds a weird dynamic with the high concentration of people with Asperger's. This could easily cause a fact-oriented no-negotiation lecturing style to permeate the culture.

    Still, there is a curious similarity between the thought patterns of a number of members and my own that I noticed before the forum became too large (and boring) for me to deal with. We all express Te almost exclusively there, while we toy with ideas more one-on-one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    But the downside was that nobody ever changes their mind over there and an INFJ can end up arguing endlessly trying to demonstrate the merit of their point of view.
    Subjective points of view that have no merit would never be used in our thought processes.

    I became incredibly polarized in my beliefs as a result of my time on that forum and lost tolerance for the libertarian and conservative ideals which are commonly held there. I'd even spend dozens of posts explaining my point of view just to have the person I was explaining it to turn around and start insulting my ideas. It just proved to be a waste of time.
    Maybe, as I've seen, your point of view is wrong and beliefs are severely skewed due to utilizing poor and/or biased sources. We don't come to accept a certain way of thinking lightly.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

    Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

  10. #20
    More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veneti View Post
    Is your distant ancestory Norman by any chance?

    I have a theory about psych traits following the Y chromosome.
    To start, other than what I just looked up on Google I know very little about Normal culture, however, I can tell you that I have ancestry from Ireland that is well documented, and Norse heritage that is for some reason significantly harder to find anything about (Among other European areas such as France, and Germany). From what I just looked up, I would say that it is quite possible that my background is tied into the Norman culture.

    I am interested to hear your theory, care to explain?
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

Similar Threads

  1. [ESFP] From an ESFP: Why is everyone so surprised when I say something intelligent?!
    By KarenParker in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 07-14-2009, 05:23 AM
  2. Why is everyone so upset about AIG bonuses being contractually fufilled?
    By Venom in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 03-31-2009, 06:47 PM
  3. Why is it so hard to not feed the trolls?
    By Zergling in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 05:23 AM
  4. Why is this so funny?
    By proteanmix in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 11:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO