• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why is INTJforum So Boring?

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It might be inappropriate for me to say but I found myself getting really mad about how my posts were moderated. They would delete my posts for little to no reason, merge my threads with no explanation. They deleted a visitor message I'd posted for someone asking about TypologyCentral ("link dropping"). They are very risk averse. Short posts - one liners are deemed to have no substance and looked down upon. It's like you are supposed to write a paragraph providing a lot of words when it's unnecessary. It amazes me that a person who is an INTJ would put up with the constraints and overly controlling style. Perhaps it is just a reaction that I have, which is unique to me, that doesn't bother others as much. Maybe it's projection on my part in combination with the enneagram 6 or something.

Nah. I don't think it's unique to you. I think the admin/owner is ISTJ. Or if INTJ, is Enneagram type 1. 99% of the time, it's easy to live within the constraints, but when you need to enter something that violates one of their filters, one discovers how logic, pushed to an extreme, is silly.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Nah. I don't think it's unique to you. I think the admin/owner is ISTJ. Or if INTJ, is Enneagram type 1. 99% of the time, it's easy to live within the constraints, but when you need to enter something that violates one of their filters, one discovers how logic, pushed to an extreme, is silly.

I signed up, saw all the constraints, and said, "fuck this."

I don't think I have a single post there.

yupitsme

MBTI Type
intx
1. They are all concerned with being the "most INTJ" INTJ that the nature of the forum becomes competetive and not helpful.

2. Everyone's posts are way too long to get out a simple point.

3. Everyone thinks all INTJ traits are awesome, even if they are obviously flaws.

4. Everyone feels compelled (as far as I can tell) to show off their wittiness and intelligence every chance they get.

I HATE your use of All, Everyone, Everyone and Everyone. That is, IMO, shameless, inexcusable innaccuracy . You made ZERO attempt at being accurate.

Truly the only place where all and everyone can be used is to claim ALL of your points are flawed because of the exaggerated extreme you assert.

An estimate of what portion actually is in line with your assertions (all of which I disagree with BTW in their current flawed form)

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The folks on the INTJ forum seem, based on the responces in this thread, to care about accuracy, since those members do not let even the slightest infraction slide. And, like another poster said below, it would indeed be funny if some of these people are ISTJs.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION] not an INTJ. Not an Introvert. :nono:

Okay were even now! :D

By the way here is an interesting post by JTR as well as my responce below:

I believe the key to understanding intuitive dominants is to understand how the mind works.

What separates us from animals of lesser intelligence is the interconnection of our neural pathways. Not even the most advanced technologies of today can distinguish between an ant neuron and a human neuron. My favorite neuroscientist, Michael S. Gazzaniga, put the difference kind of something like this:

"Imagine you are in Oklahoma and someone robs a store. He leaves the state, and you are tasked with tracking him down. If you were a police agency equivalent to a whale's brain, it would be like having three federal agents searching different states looking for the perpetrator. If you were a police agency equivalent to a human brain, it would be like being able to search thirty-eight states at once looking for the perpetrator."

Humans are exponentially more capable of tracking and identifying critical information relevant to thought processes, to the point where we can look for five, ten, and twenty 'perpetrators' at a time efficiently. This gives rise to a multitude of advantages over minds capable of only a few simultaneous threads of thought.

Now that some basic physiology of the mind is out of the way, we must look at the Ne/Si - Ni/Se duality. Ne and Se are methods of metabolizing information (from the previous analogy - federal officers), while Ni and Si are methods of recalling information (the perpetrators). Ne users are quick at metabolizing information; I think of it like lightning shooting across existing nodes of Si into the unknown, forging a path to be filled with more nodes of Si. The data generated by this imaginative thought then falls into 'factual' information, which is why I think Ne users are labeled as 'expert classifiers' - kind of like a system of guilty until proven innocent.

Ni users, however, prefer to work and rework the nodes of information already accrued, relying on the direct interpretation of sensory input to provide new nodes to be worked around. To be Ni-dom is to consistently seek nodes of Si that have connections previously unrealized, like turning a stone over four times expecting to see something different on the next flip. They will observe it from the top down and bottom up simultaneously, under a black light, heated up to 300 degrees and then dipped in paint if it meant coming to an objective, definitive conclusion (hence aux Te/Fe - the strive for objective criteria) - in the Se/Ni system, it is kind of like innocent until proven guilty.

I just don't see Ni dominance in many people. I honestly think it manifests itself as a twinge of crazy; I don't think people have the capacity for such mentally exhausting procedure, and statistics apparently back up my perception.

JTR I'm glad you answered my question. Now for my thoughts on your responce:

Yes I agree with the story example you used, where the ability to hold many thoughts within the mind at once gives one advanced levels of perception, and from this one can see things from all possible angles and dimensions, these different states of mind we can tap into giving us a greater awareness, almost like an illumination or an awakening, which I could see as sharing a connection with Ni cognition.

It seems you are saying that Ne users can branch outwards in order to interconnect related or even potentially unrelated information into a corehent whole, different categorical systems being attached to each branch, and of course each branch constitutes the same tree, and the funny thing too is that trees do indeed quite literally get struck by epic bolts of lightning.

I see that Ni will turn the world on its head with revolutionary insights that completely transform our current paradigm, and that Ni is open to all of the possibilities, with a mixed wonder for what could be true, and a skepticism for what could be false, balancing them out on the scales of judgment, and then arriving at the destination of a fixed decision.

If Ni dominants are so rare, as the above information implies, then it follows that we may need to begin second guessing ourselves, not only in regards to our own types, but also on all frontiers, checking decisions out against all available criteria in a never ending quest of questioning each and every one of our preconcieved convictions. This method may not only apply to typing oneself, but could also be used as a universally applicable system to all questions requiring a full and complete analysis in their design, following the chain of contingency to the inscrutable source containing within the grand and unified truth of all things.

And so the epic challenge commences between the two "INTJs". ;) The Wizard Vs. the Sage!

Standuble

I've actually spent many a hour on INTJforum and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. I think I've probably spent more time there than maybe any other MBTI website; though to this day I'm yet to create an account and post. There are ISTJs crawling in their midst but there is enough N to keep things interesting.

Kudos to the above post by RaptorWizard. The two quote bubbles from yourself and jontherobot are excellent posts about Ne and Ni.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I never would have guessed that one so bold as the Big Z would walk away from a challenge as momentous as this typing duel I initiated! :wacko:

It must not be worth his time... :boohoo:

But, on the bright side, I guess I could take it as a temporary surrender, though if he wants to get back in the game, he needs to do so before I claim the winner's flag. :uwin:

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've poked around INTJf a couple of times. There was a lot of good information on the subjects I was researching at the time, so I don't really have any complaints. On a more subjective tip, I feel fairly at home with the INTJ communication style. It's no frills and blunt, but speaking as an NTJ there's something enormously comforting about being able to speak without having to accomadate others stylistically. Think of it as being in a foreign country for years and years. While you may be fluent in that second language, there's nothing like stumbling across a bar frequented by fellow expats and being able to hear your native language spoken, and being able to act in a way natural to you without having to second guess yourself. It's a relief.

I guess my point is that if you go to a forum like that and don't get it, it's probably not for you. :wink:

[MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION] not an INTJ. Not an Introvert. :nono:

Not to contribute to the derail, but I'll vouch for Zara's INTJness. I can see, though, if all you've come across is the e5 variety of INTJ how you could make this mistake. Besides, being ENTJ is fairly fucking glorious. Who wouldn't claim that if it was theirs for the taking? :D

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I never would have guessed that one so bold as the Big Z would walk away from a challenge as momentous as this typing duel I initiated! :wacko:

It must not be worth his time... :boohoo:

But, on the bright side, I guess I could take it as a temporary surrender, though if he wants to get back in the game, he needs to do so before I claim the winner's flag. :uwin:

He's probably plotting your demise by ignoble means even as you speak.

You'll be dead tomorrow. But I have enjoyed our time together. Remember me in the afterlife.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He's probably plotting your demise by ignoble means even as you speak.

Aww his offense wasn't too dire. I'm sure he'll get something honorable that will confer glory on both dispatched and dispatcher. Like death by sharks with lasers on their heads or being rolled in sugar and left by a Bullet ant pile or something.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
4. Everyone feels compelled (as far as I can tell) to show off their wittiness and intelligence every chance they get.

I HATE your use of All, Everyone, Everyone and Everyone. That is, IMO, shameless, inexcusable innaccuracy . You made ZERO attempt at being accurate.

Truly the only place where all and everyone can be used is to claim ALL of your points are flawed because of the exaggerated extreme you assert.

An estimate of what portion actually is in line with your assertions (all of which I disagree with BTW in their current flawed form)

tumblr_m9s79jz6h41rrzdyg.gif

Nicki

Retired
To be honest, a lot of people there seem to act like intellectually superior douchebags but the advice is REALLY useful.

A

Anew Leaf

Aww his offense wasn't too dire. I'm sure he'll get something honorable that will confer glory on both dispatched and dispatcher. Like death by sharks with lasers on their heads or being rolled in sugar and left by a Bullet ant pile or something.

:irked: SHARKS ARE BEAUTIFUL MISUNDERSTOOD DELIGHTS. I SHAN'T STAND FOR THEIR NAME BEING SULLIED ANYMORE!!!

:mrtoothy:

(Proving exactly why she would be banned from such a site as that one.)

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To be honest, a lot of people there seem to act like intellectually superior douchebags but the advice is REALLY useful.

And with one sentance, Aleda manages to summarize not only the general populace's experience of INTJf, but INTJs in general.

Congrats, my dear. You've just won the thread. :D

:irked: SHARKS ARE BEAUTIFUL MISUNDERSTOOD DELIGHTS. I SHAN'T STAND FOR THEIR NAME BEING SULLIED ANYMORE!!!

:mrtoothy:

(Proving exactly why she would be banned from such a site as that one.)

Well, I did say that it was an honorable way to die that would confer glory on all involved, ect.

Then again, I was only speculating about the sharks. I'm sure Zara would be willing to swap out the sharks with some...idk...agressively peckish capybaras or something. He can actually be charmingly accomadating in his undying quest for the blood of his foes. :yes:

Nicki

Retired
And with one sentance, Aleda manages to summarize not only the general populace's experience of INTJf, but INTJs in general.

Congrats, my dear. You've just won the thread. :D

Yes! How I love the sound of victory. :laugh: