User Tag List

First 5131415161725 Last

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Or it could be that given the fact their cognitive processes are so similar, there is not enough of a variety for a strong disagreement.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    Or it could be that given the fact their cognitive processes are so similar, there is not enough of a variety for a strong disagreement.
    But the CPs are just that--processes. Life experience and personal uniqueness would mean they can be vastly different. It just means they'll chug through the info in the same manner. It doesn't have anything to do with values/etc.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ

INTJ forum is better than here, you make a post here and someone may make a post back an hour later, or even worse. At the INTJ forum at least you get quick responses, and I honestly don't see how it's so much less interesting than here. If you don't like the threads, create a new interesting one.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jgib5328 View Post
    INTJ forum is better than here, you make a post here and someone may make a post back an hour later, or even worse. At the INTJ forum at least you get quick responses, and I honestly don't see how it's so much less interesting than here. If you don't like the threads, create a new interesting one.
    Just because you get more immediate responses doesn't say anything for the quality of those posts -- and just because a thread has an interesting premise doesn't mean that it's going to have interesting responses.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Just because you get more immediate responses doesn't say anything for the quality of those posts -- and just because a thread has an interesting premise doesn't mean that it's going to have interesting responses.
    What leads you to believe that there are more quality posts here as opposed to the INTJ forum? I think this forum would be much better if people posted more often, I really don't notice the quality difference either. There are some better sections here than there are at the INTJ, but again they are so slow.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Or... maybe I'm just trying to rationalize my disappointment with that forum...
    Yes, I think that's where you're going.

The INTJ's on the forum, while they are the same personality type, do have very diverse views, and do get into a lot of arguments. But the agreement and "ego-stroking" (not sure what you are referring to) are probably just the result of the INTJ's appreciating that the other INTJ's are thinking in the same way. In the debates I have had on the forum, I have of course had major disagreements in terms of fundamental stances, but I have usual seen that the other INTJ has thought something through rationally, and is actively thinking about my arguments, presenting well-conceived responses. That results in a large number of "respectful disagreements," relatively untainted by emotional reactions.

What causes your "disappointment" with the forum? Do you think it's much better here? I don't see much a difference, except that INTJ Forum has a faster server and a bit more traffic.

I guess I feel pretty at home there. It is something of a "comfort zone," where the people tend to think the way I do, avoiding absolutely foreign opinions. They have good insights, presented in ways that make sense to me, and I find the selection of threads suits me quite well.
    I think of MBTI Central as the "lab," or something like that. I come here to get fresh opinions, and see what the other types think. It is a bit less inviting (though perhaps that is just because I am not very used to it), but it is also a nice change of pace if I am especially curious about the perspective of another type.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of York View Post
    I guess I feel pretty at home there. It is something of a "comfort zone," where the people tend to think the way I do, avoiding absolutely foreign opinions. They have good insights, presented in ways that make sense to me, and I find the selection of threads suits me quite well.
    I think of MBTI Central as the "lab," or something like that. I come here to get fresh opinions, and see what the other types think. It is a bit less inviting (though perhaps that is just because I am not very used to it), but it is also a nice change of pace if I am especially curious about the perspective of another type.
    This is what doesn't quite sit right with me. INTJ defines a process of thought rather than what people think. The fact that it avoids 'absolutely foreign opinions' just doesn't seem right for INTJs.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

There seems to be a slight undertone of fear of disagreement. I get the feeling that no one wants to disagree, or come on too radical in fear of being called out as "not an INTJ". I find that I get the most sincere opinions on issues at MBTIc. On INTJf the members seem to filter all of their opinions on "What the stereotypical INTJ should say". I have little interest into the facade of "INTJness" conformity that goes on there.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

MBTI
    ENTJ

This is what doesn't quite sit right with me. INTJ defines a process of thought rather than what people think. The fact that it avoids 'absolutely foreign opinions' just doesn't seem right for INTJs.
    My wording there is easily taken out of context. I am referring to "opinions" that consist of the thought process, such as an insistence on lots of socialization, or a high level of emotion pumped into debates. The "absolutely foreign" things are those things that are directly caused by thought processes that are drastically different from those of an INTJ.

MBTI
    INFJ

i actually get along pretty well with INTJ's (but i'm INFJ, so very compatible especially on tech issues, my fave)

i actually know an INTJ in person, and him and i are always talking about one tech issue or another... or i'm trying to talk neuropsychology to him...

anyways, we get along great and i also like the intjforum because of it

so thought provoking

you know, i was on a forum started for intros, but it has degressed into nothing but a constant flying flamewar complete with the schoolyard bullies who insult in pacts... none of the thought provoking questions of intj, but just insults and crap...

like "so-and-so is an @sshole so here's a thread about him/her"

ah, screw that mess