User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Default How extroverted are you? (any type but esspecially for ENTP's)

of all the letters in MBTI the I/E dichotomy seems the hardest one to pinpoint imo.
    i for one am an extrovert, although i'm not exactly a party man but i am pretty social, i go out a lot but not with that many different people.

if for some reason i don't go out too much for, say 1-2 days, i start to be a bit bored and feel that i am somewhat stagnant, i like to read and listen to music and watch movies (i'm a lover of movies) but still, that day without much socializing feels a bit...lost. it's a completely manageable situation for about a week or so, but afterwards i pick up the phone and start calling people to see who wants a beer or something.

also, i'm curious if other E's start a lot of conversations with random people, coz for sure i don't, and if some random person starts a conversation with me 70-80% of the time i quickly put an end to it (politely of course), it's completely the other way around however when i'm with people that i know, even if i know them very little (as in i barely know that person's name).

same thing for other E's?

MBTI
    entp

I'm not entirely a loudmouth(I think) but I find myself talking to strangers quite often, usually about recent events or something in particular. I enjoy having an unbiased opinion every so often about an idea or thought I have and what better person to discuss it with than the random guy next to you! Of course if I'm with people I know or at work/school I'm usually the gregarious one of the bunch, silent only when presented with food.

As for whether someone is an I/E, I think the best way to determine such is to see if they prefer to initiate conversation(E) or prefer to be initiated on(I) on a regular basis. To be the one to initiate contact constantly typically means a need to seek an individual's company, something that resonates more with an Extravert rather than an Introvert.

MBTI
    ENTJ

also, i'm curious if other E's start a lot of conversations with random people, coz for sure i don't, and if some random person starts a conversation with me 70-80% of the time i quickly put an end to it (politely of course), it's completely the other way around however when i'm with people that i know, even if i know them very little (as in i barely know that person's name).

same thing for other E's?
    No, I start conversations with random people. Whenever I go to a club or bar, 20% of my time I spend with my friends, and the other 80% I'm with people I just met.

I find talking to random people more stimulating, and over time I've gotten good at not coming off as awkward doing it.
    got chaos?

MBTI
    ENTP

Here's the thing.....ENTP's are the most 'introverted' of all extroverts........we derive our energy from an external world..........but we are snobs in the sense that we're not remotely people person.......unless they interest us.......most of us don't want to talk to some random stranger......or sometimes even people we like.......unless they are saying something we find interesting and we're i the mood for it........talking about the weather is like asking us to clean out the attic........it's a chore and most of us will avoid it if at all possible.

There does seem to be a lot of confusion about the Introvert/Extrovert dichotomy, but being an Extrovert doesn't mean you are a chatty cathy people person, it means you derive your energy from outside of your own mind........making an ENTP simply sit around in solitary confinement is even more punishing that forcing him to engage mindless small talk..........i'm sure you've noticed that after a while of being alone, you finally get to the point where you have to go out in to the world and become involved with something involving people.

Others E's are far more indescriminantly outgoing.
    “No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full." Lucius Cornelius Sulla

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyTick View Post
    No, I start conversations with random people. Whenever I go to a club or bar, 20% of my time I spend with my friends, and the other 80% I'm with people I just met.

I find talking to random people more stimulating, and over time I've gotten good at not coming off as awkward doing it.
    A bar is a different story for me......because of alcohol........alcohol turns me in to an ESTP.......I get out of my head and more S the more I drink, which I strongly suspect is the same with most N's........alcohol begins to limit one's intuitive aspects and makes one more sensory driven.
    “No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full." Lucius Cornelius Sulla

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'm not very extroverted at all. I took a real mbti test checked by professionals in the career counseling center at my college a few times. The last time I actually scored 100% introverted. I'm not that shy and when I'm bored I talk to random strangers to pass the time but I seldom form friendships and don't feel the need to go out of my way to socialize outside of class. I pretty much only hang out with one other person about once a month. The only friend I hang out with is my INTJ friend. She isn't much more social than I am. We both aren't very interested in other people, but like each other for some reason.

I've had a few other friends in the last few years, I just don't right now. Most of the closest friends I've had have been other IT types.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by sgtmac_46 View Post
    A bar is a different story for me......because of alcohol........alcohol turns me in to an ESTP.......I get out of my head and more S the more I drink, which I strongly suspect is the same with most N's........alcohol begins to limit one's intuitive aspects and makes one more sensory driven.
    This makes sense.
    got chaos?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    if for some reason i don't go out too much for, say 1-2 days, i start to be a bit bored and feel that i am somewhat stagnant, i like to read and listen to music and watch movies (i'm a lover of movies) but still, that day without much socializing feels a bit...lost. it's a completely manageable situation for about a week or so, but afterwards i pick up the phone and start calling people to see who wants a beer or something.
    Yeah me too. Sometimes I used to be forced at home due to homework etc, and I'd become rather listless.

I do start conversations with random strangers, but I try to guess if they're in the mood for talking or not. Generally though I'm very much a conversation-starter, compared to most people I know.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I'm very extroverted in bursts, and very introverted in bursts.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Being reserved and sort of on the introverted side seems to be my baseline. I sort of explode into outbursts of extroversion and talkativeness in regular intervals, but always retreat again to reflect and recharge. I swing back and forth like this frequently.
    Never wrestle with a pig. You will get dirty and the pig will enjoy it.