User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 20 of 20

  1. #11
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    Good info. Do you find it easy to pick right up from where you last were with someone, regardless of time?
    Yes absolutely.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    entp
    Posts
    1,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Simple Te. They have something to do, it cannot be done effectively with baggage, so they ditch it. Once it is done, they will resume where they left off. Its different, sure, but for them, they are always returning to the same goal, under better circumstances.
    Thats Te? Thats what I do. Except that I have a hard time deciding what is baggage.


    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I'd figure out what had to be done first and then do it order of critical path items first. I also might do the things I enjoy more earlier and postpone the things I don't like to do as much till later. I might procrastinate on boring stuff.
    Well, thats pretty much what I do.

    And what, I think, everyone else does.

  3. #13
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    Well, thats pretty much what I do.

    And what, I think, everyone else does.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  4. #14
    my floof is luxury Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    Well, thats pretty much what I do.

    And what, I think, everyone else does.
    TJs: So Like Us
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

  5. #15
    Senior Member Uytuun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    nnnn
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    Good info. Do you find it easy to pick right up from where you last were with someone, regardless of time?
    YES! In my family of four (INTJ, INTJ, ESTP, ESFJ) there is a huge difference between how the Ni-Se/Se-Ni users deal with a family member's absence and the Si-Ne person (who's a Fe dom on top of that). The ESFJ suffers through absence, the others barely feel time (the ESTP in particular seems to lack an awareness of time - he does miss people sometimes, but it's generally because he's bored or lonely at some moment in time).

    Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    Expand please?

    I thought the Te would demand a stricter structure...

    Lets say you have a deadline on Friday. Within then and now, you also have to: do grocery, pick a time and volunteer at the shelter, read a chapter of a book, catch up on correspondence(emails/voicemails), get your suit dry cleaned, call your mother (which you may (not) be looking forward to)

    Deadline is work related, correspondence is people related (acquaintance), suit is for a formal gathering.

    How is this represented in your head? What do you do first? last?
    I would definitely check whether I really *had to* do all of the items listed. This is usually about basic damage control (do I do irreparable damage to relationships or work by cancelling x? If not, I'd probably cancel some of the stuff listed if things were getting too stressful - note that I do try not to get into situations like that so that I don't have to bother/hurt others and myself by cancelling stuff). From the list offered I would prioritise the deadline and organise the other stuff around it (which looks kind of spatial in my mind, not linear, it's not so much about first and last). I'm also more likely to cram everything into one hugely busy day rather than do one thing every day (and then I would organise things according to the most efficient route). I'm not that efficient with lots if interruptions, but I can get a lot of stuff done when I can focus on one thing for an entire day. So I would pick a point and make everything revolve around it. If I'm not in a busy situation I just would do these things as they become more pressing. Always keeping in mind how they relate to the big picture. But I'm only really very efficient when I can pick a point and make everything revolve around it.

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Simple Te. They have something to do, it cannot be done effectively with baggage, so they ditch it. Once it is done, they will resume where they left off. Its different, sure, but for them, they are always returning to the same goal, under better circumstances.
    Good observation.

  6. #16
    Per Ardua Metamorphosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    3,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simbad View Post
    Hello all INTJ's

    Answers to the following questions would be highly appreciated.

    1. If an INTJ is dealing with blows of fate and an INFP who likes them and who they like sends them an email will they answer straight away or wait until they have solved their problems?

    2. Is it possible that due to this problem they decide to cut off all connections with their INFP?

    3. Is it possible that after a long time and re-thinking they decide to take up contact again even if a period of 6 months has lapsed?
    Super vague questions about what appears to be a pretty specific incident.

    Also, are you really asking "is it possible" or "is it likely" because the two are not the same, and personally (I am an INTJ), I will concede just about anything to the realm of possibility.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

    Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    I would definitely check whether I really *had to* do all of the items listed. This is usually about basic damage control (do I do irreparable damage to relationships or work by cancelling x? If not, I'd probably cancel some of the stuff listed if things were getting too stressful - note that I do try not to get into situations like that so that I don't have to bother/hurt others and myself by cancelling stuff). From the list offered I would prioritise the deadline and organise the other stuff around it (which looks kind of spatial in my mind, not linear, it's not so much about first and last). I'm also more likely to cram everything into one hugely busy day rather than do one thing every day (and then I would organise things according to the most efficient route). I'm not that efficient with lots if interruptions, but I can get a lot of stuff done when I can focus on one thing for an entire day. So I would pick a point and make everything revolve around it. If I'm not in a busy situation I just would do these things as they become more pressing. Always keeping in mind how they relate to the big picture. But I'm only really very efficient when I can pick a point and make everything revolve around it.
    I agree.

    One thing I think is already readable between the lines above but I'd yet like to clarify is that I am - and I think INTJs in general are - more a problem solver than a practical planner. I keep the big picture clear in my mind and that includes a sort of a schedule but that schedule is far from something I could explain to someone else in details. My schedule is an approximation. I know that there will be problems with the final details but I trust my ability to solve those problems as they appear to such an extent that I it's more effective use of time to solve problems than to try to prevent them from getting on my way.
    INTJ, HSP, 1w9 or tritype 154, sx/sp

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simbad View Post
    Hello all INTJ's

    Answers to the following questions would be highly appreciated.

    1. If an INTJ is dealing with blows of fate and an INFP who likes them and who they like sends them an email will they answer straight away or wait until they have solved their problems?

    2. Is it possible that due to this problem they decide to cut off all connections with their INFP?

    3. Is it possible that after a long time and re-thinking they decide to take up contact again even if a period of 6 months has lapsed?
    1.
    If solving the problem would take a day or two, I would just let it wait. If I knew it was going to take more, I would reply telling I can't answer right away. But off course, this depends on many things.

    2.
    I wouldn't cut off all connections but my dealing with people is usually kind of thread-based. I would be in touch if I had something else to get in touch for but I wouldn't mention that "idling" problem unless asked about it. And again, this depends on many details.

    3.
    If I had a reason to assume that such an action would make a difference way or another, then, yes, I would.

    For me it's not a problem at all to let relationships "sleep". If I am good friends with someone, having a long break won't affect that if reason for the break is simply difficulties in getting in touch, other things to worry about or having nothing to say.
    INTJ, HSP, 1w9 or tritype 154, sx/sp

  9. #19
    Senior Member Uytuun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    nnnn
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gandalf View Post
    One thing I think is already readable between the lines above but I'd yet like to clarify is that I am - and I think INTJs in general are - more a problem solver than a practical planner. I keep the big picture clear in my mind and that includes a sort of a schedule but that schedule is far from something I could explain to someone else in details. My schedule is an approximation. I know that there will be problems with the final details but I trust my ability to solve those problems as they appear to such an extent that I it's more effective use of time to solve problems than to try to prevent them from getting on my way.
    That's an excellent point. In turn, I think it becomes clear from what you write that we're very mentally unconstrained when it comes to approaching (Te) problems - creative problem solving.

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Depends on the INFP.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] INTJ's and Online Dating Sites
    By Misty_Mountain_Rose in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-20-2016, 07:02 PM
  2. [INTJ] INTJ's and disregard for authority
    By Cindy in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-27-2012, 08:42 PM
  3. [INTJ] INTJ's and Love
    By Erica in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-26-2012, 01:51 PM
  4. [INTJ] INTJ Father and Brother -____-
    By Auto/Virtuosi=L.A.P. in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-15-2009, 03:13 PM
  5. [INTJ] INTJ's and bushy eyebrows
    By Sling in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-22-2008, 08:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO