• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs, what's your stance on having children?

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
There have been posts about this before, but none specifically directed at NTs that I know of.

So NT ladies and gentlemen, do you want children?

If yes, why.
If no, why not.
What are/were your criteria for bringing more life into this world?

T

ThatGirl

I love babies. I want another one.

*writes this as I sit in a dark room convincing TK I am a zombie mommy*

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I had two, I would have liked to have one more but it just didn't happen. That said, I completely love and enjoy my husband's son and daughter like they are my own.

A

A window to the soul

I want an army of baby NT's, so I'll take at least two, please. I owe it to society to pass down these good genes.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
I was sorta torn between passing on the genes, and not having to raise them. My hub was not torn, he was very decisive about it. (He told me right up front when we started dating that he didn't want kids. We waited awhile before deciding to get married to make sure we were on the same page. I've never actually had the urge, and if I did decide I wanted them, I would have preferred to put it off until I was 60 if I could.)

We went with option #2. :biggrin:

Upside - freedom!
Downside - lonely old age
Upside - I have 8 nieces and nephews to compensate :biggrin:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have three, they're teens now.

I love my kids. I don't ever regret having them. They demanded some sacrifices (HUGE sacrifices, my life would be VERY different today if I had not had them to consider), and I really had to structure my life far beyond what was originally comfortable in order to give them stability; but the reality is that they taught me a great deal about life that I could never learn from just speculating or reading books (so I feel wiser), and they also changed me (because of what it took for me to be a good parent) for the better. I also now have the benefit of having those relationships with them, of being important in their life and vice versa, that I can enjoy into my old age, and also know that part of who I am (not even thinking the physical, but the "essence" of who I am that they have absorbed by being in contact with me) lives on.

I did also have the wonderful benefit of having kids who were in some sense much more like me than anyone else in my family. I have mentioned before that I was the only N type in a family of S's and I usually felt very misunderstood; well, two of my kids are INxx's, and the third (the ESFP) and I still have a lot in common because we're both very creative and into pop culture. My eldest son, I consider to be a person who understands me better than even many of my peers / the people on this forum; and it is a wonderful thing to feel that well-known (both the good and the bad) and still loved by someone within your actual family.

So until I had my kids, I felt very alone in my family; but now I have had some "family relationships" that actually have had the opportunity to go deep. I very much value that.

Besides, maybe I'll get grandkids now I can just spoil rotten, teach lots of cool things too, and yet not have to change many diapers, spend tedious nights with them when they're sick, etc. That's THEIR job, mua ha ha.

Upside - freedom!
Downside - lonely old age
Upside - I have 8 nieces and nephews to compensate :biggrin:

Glad you have the upside -- and it's a nice compromise.

I want an army of baby NT's, so I'll take at least two, please. I owe it to society to pass down these good genes.

Ha ha, yeah, you THINK that's a great idea until they are outsmarting you regularly at age 5 and running science experiments all over the house that end up having it officially zoned as a biological hazard.

Ever see The Boys From Brazil? ;)

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't want em. Other people can have them. I enjoy children, to a degree.

Critical Hit

MBTI Type
ENTP
I dont know if I could live with myself knowing that I had unleashed a tiny version of me upon the world. Humanity has suffered enough.

Usehername

On a mission
It's a non-negotiable for me. I used to want a huge brood but since then I've committed to a pretty demanding career so I'll probably aim for 2.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
I want to have at least 3 children

I want 2 or 3 of them to be blonde

The reason for this is that animals absolutely love breeding

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
I want to have at least 3 children

I want 2 or 3 of them to be blonde

So you can prove [MENTION=4109]entropie[/MENTION] wrong? :biggrin:

Is one of your parents blonde? Or at least one of your grandparents? The further back you've gotta go to find one, the slimmer your chances of having a blonde gene to pass on. ;) (It's recessive, so will take 2 of them; one from each parent.)

PS - Meet [MENTION=8543]Nerd Girl[/MENTION] and [MENTION=12679]allegorystory[/MENTION] :biggrin:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Having children always seemed better in theory than in practice. Plus, I've always questioned how good a parent I would be.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think children are good to have. Definitely.

Maybe raising children is the most rewarding thing you do in life.

Xyk

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I really love kids. I want two at some point within the next fifteen to twenty years, after I'm done having my wild adventures. Absolutely no more than three.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I absolutely need to pass on my genes, it would be such a waste for humanity if it didn't happen.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't like babies and, mostly, I sense the feeling is mutual. Also, having children would curb my freedom hugely. Less time, less money, and probably less chances to make something truly significant besides helping overcrowding this already overcrowded planet. Perhaps if I find a special girl that comes with the irreversible condition of having children I may change my mind, but for now this sounds like a bad idea.

rav3n

Had the one and only already that I've ever wanted. While I haven't gotten snipped, that's it for me!

We had him when we were so young, adults though...barely, married and planned so he was very much wanted and part of the grand plan. I can honestly say he's the best thing that's ever, ever happened in my life.

Having said all that, if you don't want children with all your heart and are prepared to give up some freedom, don't do it. They're not a necessity or obligation. They're amazing little people who should be treated with much love, respect and trust.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
They still mostly poop and cry, right?

Cause if so my answer is no.