User Tag List

123 Last

Default NTs, what's your stance on having children?

There have been posts about this before, but none specifically directed at NTs that I know of.

So NT ladies and gentlemen, do you want children?

If yes, why.
    If no, why not.
    What are/were your criteria for bringing more life into this world?

ThatGirl

I love babies. I want another one.

*writes this as I sit in a dark room convincing TK I am a zombie mommy*

ThatGirl

Ha! He'll be having nightmares tonight!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I had two, I would have liked to have one more but it just didn't happen. That said, I completely love and enjoy my husband's son and daughter like they are my own.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

A window to the soul

I want an army of baby NT's, so I'll take at least two, please. I owe it to society to pass down these good genes.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

I was sorta torn between passing on the genes, and not having to raise them. My hub was not torn, he was very decisive about it. (He told me right up front when we started dating that he didn't want kids. We waited awhile before deciding to get married to make sure we were on the same page. I've never actually had the urge, and if I did decide I wanted them, I would have preferred to put it off until I was 60 if I could.)

We went with option #2.

Upside - freedom!
    Downside - lonely old age
    Upside - I have 8 nieces and nephews to compensate

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I have three, they're teens now.

I love my kids. I don't ever regret having them. They demanded some sacrifices (HUGE sacrifices, my life would be VERY different today if I had not had them to consider), and I really had to structure my life far beyond what was originally comfortable in order to give them stability; but the reality is that they taught me a great deal about life that I could never learn from just speculating or reading books (so I feel wiser), and they also changed me (because of what it took for me to be a good parent) for the better. I also now have the benefit of having those relationships with them, of being important in their life and vice versa, that I can enjoy into my old age, and also know that part of who I am (not even thinking the physical, but the "essence" of who I am that they have absorbed by being in contact with me) lives on.

I did also have the wonderful benefit of having kids who were in some sense much more like me than anyone else in my family. I have mentioned before that I was the only N type in a family of S's and I usually felt very misunderstood; well, two of my kids are INxx's, and the third (the ESFP) and I still have a lot in common because we're both very creative and into pop culture. My eldest son, I consider to be a person who understands me better than even many of my peers / the people on this forum; and it is a wonderful thing to feel that well-known (both the good and the bad) and still loved by someone within your actual family.

So until I had my kids, I felt very alone in my family; but now I have had some "family relationships" that actually have had the opportunity to go deep. I very much value that.

Besides, maybe I'll get grandkids now I can just spoil rotten, teach lots of cool things too, and yet not have to change many diapers, spend tedious nights with them when they're sick, etc. That's THEIR job, mua ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    Upside - freedom!
    Downside - lonely old age
    Upside - I have 8 nieces and nephews to compensate
    Glad you have the upside -- and it's a nice compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    I want an army of baby NT's, so I'll take at least two, please. I owe it to society to pass down these good genes.
    Ha ha, yeah, you THINK that's a great idea until they are outsmarting you regularly at age 5 and running science experiments all over the house that end up having it officially zoned as a biological hazard.

Ever see The Boys From Brazil?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Don't want em. Other people can have them. I enjoy children, to a degree.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ENTP

I dont know if I could live with myself knowing that I had unleashed a tiny version of me upon the world. Humanity has suffered enough.
    +10% Crit Chance

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

It's a non-negotiable for me. I used to want a huge brood but since then I've committed to a pretty demanding career so I'll probably aim for 2.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis