User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Maybe. I think there are far too many Adult-Children who need to be raised before I start my own army.

If I can get away with doing both at once I'll be a happy man.

Depends how selfish I feel on the day.

It'd feel wrong welcoming my child to a world full of spastics.

"Welcome to the world where there's barely any hope of a tomorrow!"
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by uncommonentity View Post
    Maybe. I think there are far too many Adult-Children who need to be raised before I start my own army.

If I can get away with doing both at once I'll be a happy man.

Depends how selfish I feel on the day.

It'd feel wrong welcoming my child to a world full of spastics.

"Welcome to the world where there's barely any hope of a tomorrow!"
    The things you've said is a thing many people say regarding the ops question and I have thought about this some time ago and came to the conclusion that this PoV would always be under the premise that your child would think the same about the World like you do. What do you think, would it ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    The things you've said is a thing many people say regarding the ops question and I have thought about this some time ago and came to the conclusion that this PoV would always be under the premise that your child would think the same about the World like you do. What do you think, would it ?
    I'd hope that my child would have a straight forward and logical world view. I don't live in fantasy and I'd hope my child wouldn't. If they did then I'm sure they'd probably invest their time in recreational drugs and materialism. I'd hope my child would not turn out to be a blind consumer but an intelligent producer. I believe children to automatically pick up traits of their parents. I'm likely going to mate with another XNTJ so taking that into account I doubt I'm going to produce emotionally sensing spawn. I'd want my child to learn fact and make the most of them. An educated world is a better world. My comment was in regards to choosing to educate my own or others. As there's an uneducated surplus. To say a parent has no influence on how their child develops would spit in the face of parenthood and the living examples of it.
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I'd hope that my child would have a straight forward and logical world view. I don't live in fantasy and I'd hope my child wouldn't. If they did then I'm sure they'd probably invest their time in recreational drugs and materialism. I'd hope my child would not turn out to be a blind consumer but an intelligent producer. I believe children to automatically pick up traits of their parents. I'm likely going to mate with another XNTJ so taking that into account I doubt I'm going to produce emotionally sensing spawn. I'd want my child to learn fact and make the most of them. An educated world is a better world. My comment was in regards to choosing to educate my own or others. As there's an uneducated surplus.
    Ha, well I of course hope you get everything you wish for. But in german there is a saying that goes like: "that what people talk the most about, they desire (and lack) the most." of course that saying alone would question the whole mbti theory but to not go that far after reading your post I was wondering who is really the dreamer here .

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Ha, well I of course hope you get everything you wish for. But in german there is a saying that goes like: "that what people talk the most about, they desire (and lack) the most." of course that saying alone would question the whole mbti theory but to not go that far after reading your post I was wondering who is really the dreamer here .
    Fully understood. I liked your question.

The way I'd put it would go a little like "If things can happen by accident they can also be created on purpose."
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

I'm likely going to mate with another XNTJ so taking that into account I doubt I'm going to produce emotionally sensing spawn.
    How little you know my friend.

MBTI
    ZZZZ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Impartial view
    Having children is desire bedded within our evolutionary code. It varies in strength between type. Eg SF's are more likely to want children than NT's.

• Children take up time an resources
    • Children inccur massive opportunity cost

Therefore the most rational decision would be to not have children if your goal are routed in completing objectives. If your goals are emotional needs then that is another matter.

Personal view:
    Children for me are a waste of time. I will never have a child, and will do everything to communicate that to others and follow through with that until I die. (which I plan to delay as long as possible through investing in biotech and life extension).

Quote Originally Posted by Catbert View Post
    How little you know my friend.
    You've yet to see the cages and the automated scriptures.

I was raised by an ISFJ. I know how to instill the required amount of fear.
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

You've yet to see the cages and the automated scriptures.

I was raised by an ISFJ. I know how to instill the required amount of fear.
    I'm listening.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Hahaha, oh god.. I just discovered the full potential of that catbert avatar for me