• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs, what's your stance on having children?

Dephrost

MBTI Type
INTP
I love kids~! I can tolerate my own but not everyone else's. Two is enough for me and I can handle them better than anyone else's.

Besides, my tots love me as much as I love them. That alone makes me happy.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
People have been replying mostly with whether and why they do/do not desire children. But from the potential child's perspective, what kind of parent do you think you (or NT's in general) would make?

crayons

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w5
I think children might see NTs as responsive to their questions about less judgmental (than say a J).

No clue if I want kids, it seems scary and frustrating.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I never liked children, and really can't imagine having any (I'm not even sure I want to get married!). Besides, I think I would make a terrible parent. Every time I see some kid whine/cry/nag/throw a fit in public places I keep thinking about how much I would love to dropkick the brat. Excuse the language & exaggeration. :wink:

The only reason I would ever have/adopt kids would be to see how intellectually far my child(ren) can go. It would be a costly experiment though. Totally not worth the curiosity.

Evening

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm half an NT, so obviously I'll have half an NT baby.

Not sure what I'll do with the other half. Any ideas?

And this demonstrates why I'd make an awful parent: I'm apathetic towards kids. They're interesting creatures to observe, although to care for? An overwhelming 'meh'.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
I'm half an NT, so obviously I'll have half an NT baby.

*cough* :nerd: Well, actually, that depends entirely on the type of the sperm-source you decided to procreate with. Your baby will be anywhere between 25 and 75 percent NT. Unless you buy distilled NT genes and are regimental and rigourous about injecting them into your child for at least the first 3 years of their life. After that they'll just need a booster shot every 10 years or so.

Not a bad price to pay for perfection, I must say. :D

Green_Pine

I would love to have a child, or, heck, maybe a few some day. I love children and it would be a joy to bring another person into the world and raise them.

bler

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
no thank you. If I change my mind it would be one or two.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
My stance is that more NT women (just mebbe not me) should do the world a favor and have (more) kids, or we're all doomed. Idiocracy, etc.

I'm only half kidding.
Ok. maybe 3/4.

Trinket Trifles

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm not entirely sure parenthood is something I want to tackle. I have good genes to pass on and think I would make a good parent and produce a good offspring, but that would entail a lot of sacrifice. It's the ultimate commitment. I can barely handle the prospect of a romantic relationship just for the sake of how much it forces you into the external world, forces you to constantly compromise, takes away so much of your freedom, virtually removes any bit of private alone time, etc. A child would be that tenfold, only without the option of ever being able to walk away.

Although, I am very good with kids. I just can't handle them for too long, let alone 24/7 for a minimum of 18 years.

As for what a child would think of their INTP parent, probably that they're very open-minded/accepting, calm, and fair, but also maybe not very understanding or sympathetic of their problems. I think an INTP parent would likely see normal adolescent issues as extremely silly and for the most part dismiss them. They might help them with their homework til kingdom come, ensure they're getting the best nutrition, read to them every night, and spend hours trying to figure out what to get them for Christmas, but when it comes to how Mr. So-and-So has it out for them or how they were the only one not invited to X, the INTP parent is liable to tune out or just give a rational dismissal of said emotional issue.

I've ran into this problem a lot with friends.

Them: "I just...I don't know what he's thinking, you know? It's so frustrating and sometimes I feel like-"
Me: "Well ask him then. Problem solved. So what movie should we see?"

And I can so easily see how it can be misinterpreted as uncaring, but I can't help it. So I think kids (and any idea of a committed relationship) are going to have to wait...a long time. Some sort of tangible sensitivity needs to be established first, and that's probably the case with a lot of this type. Because parents should be able to easily express emotional support and empathy. It's pretty important.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Forget genes. Someone has to crush a nascent fondness for illogic/irrationality before it becomes full-grown aggressive stupidity. NT moms would be nicely positioned to do this.

R

Riva

I would love to have children. Not right now of course. But when I am stable etc.
3 infact. I wish to have 3 children. 2 sons and a daughter would be excellent.

If yes, why?
No idea why.
Must be my paternal instincts.
We can deny that we have paternal and maternal instincts but I believe they are there and cannot be ignored forever.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am very mixed on children but lean more towards no. Many people judge this type of response but it's how I naturally lean. I mean, passing the line down to the next generation comes to mind but beyond that, the cons come to mind over the pros. I would love the kids if I had any but it just seems so weird. Yes, I do like kids but I am not sure if I would do so good with kids of my own.

And I am not sure who would want mini mes running around causing awkward alieness. Or if I would pass down a lot of bad genes that should not be passed down to other humans and affect the genepool in a way that nobody wants. I also have a vision and plan for my future and am not quite sure how or where kids would tie into that. I do dream of owning a lot of pets and I would think of them as my kids. Animals can be just as important family as humans imo. If I found someone special who wanted kids, I may change my mind.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If I had the means, I'd love to see what hellspawn child I could produce, and raise them into the Antichrist perfect adult.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Never had anything against children since forever. They always brought the playful side of me.

-To further a legacy and a lifetime of knowledge and wisdom.
-To have someone else's best interest at heart.
-Help them grow into the best version of themselves.
-Look back one day as an old couple inside an empty house and celebrate with my wife in glee knowing that we've done our best to bring up our children into fine adults, and that we finally got rid of those cunts.
-Draw dicks on their faces while they sleep. Very important.
-Throw a dice and give them a time out 5/6 every 5 minutes because we can.
-Tell their mother how much she spoils them.
-Yell at their friends.
-Take them to school and mock their grades.
-No PlayStation until they do their homework. I'm fed up with their shit.
-Groceries won't do themselves just because you're three years old.
-Compare dick size.
-Brainwash the brats.
-Remove their free will.
..etc.

These are some of the reasons I'd love to have kids.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Never had anything against children since forever. They always brought the playful side of me.

-To further a legacy and a lifetime of knowledge and wisdom.
-To have someone else's best interest at heart.
-Help them grow into the best version of themselves.
-Look back one day as an old couple inside an empty house and celebrate with my wife in glee knowing that we've done our best to bring up our children into fine adults, and that we finally got rid of those cunts.
-Draw dicks on their faces while they sleep. Very important.
-Throw a dice and give them a time out 5/6 every 5 minutes because we can.
-Tell their mother how much she spoils them.
-Yell at their friends.
-Take them to school and mock their grades.
-No PlayStation until they do their homework. I'm fed up with their shit.
-Groceries won't do themselves just because you're three years old.
-Compare dick size.
-Brainwash the brats.
-Remove their free will.
..etc.

These are some of the reasons I'd love to have kids.

I'm consistently in awe of how NTs always seem to have their priorities in order.