half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    This is so true. I hate being asked how I feel about stuff, because I almost never know while it's happening. And if I tried to say I how I was feeling, it would have 15 qualifiers, and then I'd be mad at myself later because there's some angle I forgot to consider. I agree about the email/time delay.
    Oh god, the qualifiers! You guys are bonkers, but I love you so.

Something bizarre to consider when getting involved with INTPs. Try to avoid sharing too many insecurities. They're the type who can and do think themselves out of relationships.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    This is so true. I hate being asked how I feel about stuff, because I almost never know while it's happening. And if I tried to say I how I was feeling, it would have 15 qualifiers, and then I'd be mad at myself later because there's some angle I forgot to consider. I agree about the email/time delay.
    Oh jeez... yes. Sometimes it takes me weeks to figure out how I feel. This is particularly true when the feelings involved are objectionable in some fashion (not practical, not wanted, etc.). If you force me to give an answer on the spot I have to consider all the angles and possibilities and add in a bunch of caveats.

Of course once I have considered all the angles and taken a position - there is no hedging. I mean exactly what I say.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Something bizarre to consider when getting involved with INTPs. Try to avoid sharing too many insecurities. They're the type who can and do think themselves out of relationships.
    Uhm... yeah. :

My advice to anybody in the early stages of a relationship with an INTP is to be as unambiguous about things as possible. Give us room for doubt and we'll come up with 17 different reasons why its doomed and why its probably best to bail out now. Say something to us like "I love you" with no qualifiers and you reduce the data points and reduce the chance of over analysis.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by jimrckhnd View Post
    Uhm... yeah. :

My advice to anybody in the early stages of a relationship with an INTP is to be as unambiguous about things as possible. Give us room for doubt and we'll come up with 17 different reasons why its doomed and why its probably best to bail out now. Say something to us like "I love you" with no qualifiers and you reduce the data points and reduce the chance of over analysis.
    Dear Jim,

I have been meaning to say this for some time now. I love you AND geology!

~INFP

P.S. Is this how it works?

@Saturned, that's what they think they want but being that direct also isn't what prods them into activity. Not saying anymore beyond that!

Anew Leaf

@Saturned, that's what they think they want but being that direct also isn't what prods them into activity. Not saying anymore beyond that!
    @Jenaphor: Haha! You are wise and full of knowledge.

Neither. INTxs are twisty little mofos.

Anew Leaf

Neither. INTxs are twisty little mofos.
    Lol! I seem to fair better with the INTJ version. I always see through their cute little plots and schemes. Then I bake them cookies. No one can resist cookies!

You, however, definitely have the INTP species pinned down in a neat little scientific box... they just don't know it yet.

I bear the scars of what little I know. So do they!