123 Last

Thread: ENTJ quandry

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Default ENTJ quandry

I've recently met an ENTJ guy - he wants to date but we're in seperate states, so to him this means it's not going to happen. This didn't stop him from calling or texting me everyday, being flirty and joking around. But since I've known him ( since January) he's had at least two meltdowns, meaning abruptly becoming very emotional and angry, each time because our relationship lacked definition. He's still having one night stands ( which I knew about), so I didn't think us having a definition was important. He said speakng to me, skyping with me, was teasing and antagonizing him because he was too far away, but he's always the one initiating the heavy flirting - I suggested we keep things mellow, so it wouldn't "tease" anyone, but he seems to shift into gear anyway. So, the question is this : he's either emotionally shut down, or he's having a minor explosion, and other than approaching him calmly, and being honest with him, I don't know what else to do? I would appreciate enlightenment on the workings of the NTJ in regards to their emotions.
    7w6 so/sx

" The bird of paradise alights only on the hand that does not grasp." - John Berry

He's conflicted. Wants you but pragmatically speaking, is having problems with the distance. I'd be careful. When it comes to our emotions, we be pretty fucked up.

He wants to bone you because he sees you as fresh and exciting meat so he's just throwing a tantrum about not being able to have you when he wants. I'd question him 'feeling' anything for you no offence. It's bugging him out because he can't 'get it'. ENTJs lack patience. I've been really close to an ENTJ male and he either sees you as a unique and exciting prospect or just another thing for him to eat up. He'd always offer to 'share' his whatever women with me but informed me that if he ever found a girl who he actually respected and loved he'd never be willing to share her. xNTJs have a lot of whatever women. Totally breaking a brocode here but I'm no bro I'm a god damn robot.

xNTJs are smooth pimps who love the pussy. And Tubby there is their black man servant. What?

In other words I just advise you to be aware.

For example, An ENTJ could ask you to define the relationship to him so that you believe you are in a relationship and then save yourself for him but in reality have no actual intention of anything full throttle besides getting inside your panties. It's like, make girl think we're committed so it's all mine. It's not just xNTJ males who do this many do. Some women perform the same sort of rituals when they want mad dibs on dick.
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    He's conflicted. Wants you but pragmatically speaking, is having problems with the distance. I'd be careful. When it comes to our emotions, we be pretty fucked up.
    Not to worry. I am being careful. I've been guarded about what I engage with him, because I don't want to get really damaged in something sloppy.

Quote Originally Posted by uncommonentity View Post
    He wants to bone you because he sees you as fresh and exciting meat so he's just throwing a tantrum about not being able to have you when he wants. I'd question him 'feeling' anything for you no offence. It's bugging him out because he can't 'get it'. ENTJs lack patience. I've been really close to an ENTJ male and he either sees you as a unique and exciting prospect or just another thing for him to eat up. He'd always offer to 'share' his whatever women with me but informed me that if he ever found a girl who he actually respected and loved he'd never be willing to share her. xNTJs have a lot of whatever women. Totally breaking a brocode here but I'm no bro I'm a god damn robot.
    I've considered that, the fresh meat and tantrum throwing. I certainly agree. He even told me that he has no tolerance for frustration, and doesn't like working hard for a relationship. Though he describes most of his interactions with women as "just screwing" - he apparently reserves the word " dating" for someone he wants to commit to. One night he told me that he considers me marriage material, and would want to date me. { He tells me sex and love are seperate entities ( not the way my brain is geared at all ), so the
    " down to fuck" girls are just for sex. } Whatever the case, I've been careful to not allow myself to be dragged in too far, but I confess I'm startled and confused by the crazy mix of out of control emotions, and what he considers to be logical statements.
    7w6 so/sx

" The bird of paradise alights only on the hand that does not grasp." - John Berry

MBTI
    eNTJ

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    I've considered that, the fresh meat and tantrum throwing. I certainly agree. He even told me that he has no tolerance for frustration, and doesn't like working hard for a relationship. Though he describes most of his interactions with women as "just screwing" - he apparently reserves the word " dating" for someone he wants to commit to. One night he told me that he considers me marriage material, and would want to date me. { He tells me sex and love are seperate entities ( not the way my brain is geared at all ), so the
    " down to fuck" girls are just for sex. } Whatever the case, I've been careful to not allow myself to be dragged in too far, but I confess I'm startled and confused by the crazy mix of out of control emotions, and what he considers to be logical statements.

so is he saying he'd still fuck those girls if you agreed to date him long term?

i'd be like "hey thanks for the honesty, but fuck no". cause he'd prolly flip a shit if you were screwing around with other dudes.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by shoshana View Post
    so is he saying he'd still fuck those girls if you agreed to date him long term?

i'd be like "hey thanks for the honesty, but fuck no". cause he'd prolly flip a shit if you were screwing around with other dudes.
    lol .. NO. He says he screwed around with other girls for years because he wasn't interested in a relationship, just sex. He declared he wants a long term, monogamous relationship now, so the screwing around would stop ( actually, he's stopped that for some reason on his own) if I were there.

Yeah, he's said some things in the name of honesty that made my eyes water a little. I mean, I DO appreciate a straight answer. But, he tells me things that make me think, " Ok. WOW. Did you just hear yourself?" lol Example : " I don't want to work for sex. Either the girl gives it up or she doesn't. I don't have to chase it." - referring to the just for sex girls. I told him that it was arrogant to assume that his wants were above other people's dignity.
    7w6 so/sx

MBTI
    eNTJ

lol .. NO. He says he screwed around with other girls for years because he wasn't interested in a relationship, just sex. He declared he wants a long term, monogamous relationship now, so the screwing around would stop ( actually, he's stopped that for some reason on his own) if I were there.

Yeah, he's said some things in the name of honesty that made my eyes water a little. I mean, I DO appreciate a straight answer. But, he tells me things that make me think, " Ok. WOW. Did you just hear yourself?" lol Example : " I don't want to work for sex. Either the girl gives it up or she doesn't. I don't have to chase it." - referring to the just for sex girls. I told him that it was arrogant to assume that his wants were above other people's dignity.

are you sure that wasn't his round-about way of saying he doesnt like to play games in order to get people into his bed?

sometimes entjs dont word things very well...

and i've done my share of having lovers without any sort of meaningful relationship. perhaps its unwanted information on your part, but he might be saying that 'yeah i CAN have meaningless sex. but i dont want that. i want chuuu' haha.

men are dumb. if you feel taking it slow is what's best for you then keep doing it. if he finds that you are worth the wait, then he will do just that. :3

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by shoshana View Post
    are you sure that wasn't his round-about way of saying he doesnt like to play games in order to get people into his bed?

sometimes entjs dont word things very well...

and i've done my share of having lovers without any sort of meaningful relationship. perhaps its unwanted information on your part, but he might be saying that 'yeah i CAN have meaningless sex. but i dont want that. i want chuuu' haha.
    Oh yes, I think that's precisely what he was trying to tell me. I didn't take it personally. I know that just because I view sex as something intimate and engaged, doesn't mean that other people see it that way. Of course, I do expect that when a man is in a relationship with me, because I've made it clear what I can't do without. And connectivity is one of those things.

men are dumb. if you feel taking it slow is what's best for you then keep doing it. if he finds that you are worth the wait, then he will do just that. :3
    Men ARE dumb! Stupid men. * kicks dirt clod*
    7w6 so/sx

Ginkgo

I've recently met an ENTJ guy - he wants to date but we're in seperate states, so to him this means it's not going to happen. This didn't stop him from calling or texting me everyday, being flirty and joking around. But since I've known him ( since January) he's had at least two meltdowns, meaning abruptly becoming very emotional and angry, each time because our relationship lacked definition. He's still having one night stands ( which I knew about), so I didn't think us having a definition was important. He said speakng to me, skyping with me, was teasing and antagonizing him because he was too far away, but he's always the one initiating the heavy flirting - I suggested we keep things mellow, so it wouldn't "tease" anyone, but he seems to shift into gear anyway. So, the question is this : he's either emotionally shut down, or he's having a minor explosion, and other than approaching him calmly, and being honest with him, I don't know what else to do? I would appreciate enlightenment on the workings of the NTJ in regards to their emotions.
    He sounds completely undecided. How do you feel about the entire thing? How much trouble is it causing you? Do you feel obligated to talk with him?

Anew Leaf

Take a break from him for a couple weeks to clear your head. Then decide if you want to try something going forward, or if you want to just chalk it up to "the timing is off."

I think that if a man is really into you he will make things happen (actions) and not just talk about doing something (not an actual action).