User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Found this one, plus one posted by Hustler involving HS kids... so here's you's goes....

CAPT.ORG (adults) (drat! Gatsby beat me!!!)
    High school kids
    Thanks Fortunato. I will have to review the information closely.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ?
    Thanks Fortunato. I will have to review the information closely.
    Here is the original attachment (PDF) describing potential selection bias for the CAPT.ORG numbers -- might be useful for you to look at as well.

Sorry, don't meant to overwhelm you with links here, but I figured the probable selection bias is important for interpreting the results...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Here is the original attachment (PDF) describing potential selection bias for the CAPT.ORG numbers -- might be useful for you to look at as well.

Sorry, don't meant to overwhelm you with links here, but I figured the probable selection bias is important for interpreting the results...
    Thanks Fortunato. I guess to preclude biasness, specific questions as to the reason a person preferred a particular dichotomy over the other cannot be asked. This is where my inquiry is leading. Why? Are the answers truly a result of how the person sees themself? How much of a margin is given for error with people who cannot distinguish their true selves from roles (a definite problem with many extraverted types)? If there is a problem in detaching from role playing, would not the prevailing industries of that time period come into play (i.e., not only am I a J, but because I also resonate with a certain industry such as banking, ergo I prefer sensor and judging).

BTW, I made a post on the MBTI vs Step II thread, for you. Since you and Pgatsby seem quite familar with adminstering the assessment, maybe you guys can help me.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    BTW, I made a post on the MBTI vs Step II thread, for you. Since you and Pgatsby seem quite familar with adminstering the assessment, maybe you guys can help me.

FWIW, I didn't answer because I don't see things from just the MBTI lens. If I was to answer, I'd say that you captured one of the flaws in MBTI (the requirement for absolute functions/traits)... it's not so different than what you are exploring in this thread.

So... uhh... I agree with you, I guess... least, in the big picture I do. I just don't have anything worthwhile to add.

MBTI
    TiSe

Thanks Pgats. I guess my concerns surround many of the stereotypes. In particularly for ISTP, Myers-Briggs offers only a brief statement that alludes to a non-techncial ISTP type that are highly creating order out of chaos, have good organizational abilities, enjoys troubleshooting (non-technical), does not have to be constantly active, abhors their temperament cousins. I wished I could get some definitive answers to those questions.

I seem to equally prefer SP/NT. I know that I am not INTP, and quite sure that I am not INTJ. INJs seem highly conceptual, which I connote as being able to create from an abstract and internal gut feeling. I can create, however must have at least a basic principle to start. Where INJs conceptualize, I think think I analyze.

I continue to think that ISTPs and INTJs have a great deal in common with their need to apply any information they learn. If it cannot be applied, then it's not worth learning.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

With ISTP and INTP, their dominant function is Ti, they are both adept at analyzing and categorizing. More than any other function, it is the Ti function that is probably good at math, problem solving, and other logical subjects. The Se auxiliary is action oriented, since it's Extraverted. Hence, well-developed Se will relate their inner logic to the current problem at hand -- making Se more suited for engineering, repair work, etc.

On the other hand Ti aided by Ne will also have logical problem solving abilities. But the Ne will relate the Ti logic to what is possible in the outside world. The analytical Ti logic will finely tune the imaginative Ne conception, making INTP more adept at such fields as architecture or philosophy.

Now aside from ISTPs and INTPs being logical and scientifically oriented like the NT temperament, the ISTP also has a tertiary Ni function, which means that they probably won't be as against the world of theory and imaginative constructs as one might think -- as in "?"'s case!

Likewise, the INTP has a tertiary Si function, which could often make them resistant to change and enjoy habits more than their P preference might suggest. A tertiary Si would lead the INTP to have a better memory for and interest in detailed facts. This is probably the source of the INTP's tendency to gather useless trivia and take things literally.

I can also see a connection with developed ISTPs and INTJs as "?" alluded us to. True, by definition, the ISTP is more physically oriented and lives in the moment. The INTJ could also be quite adept in sensory activities, but I think the difference in the two lies in that the ISTP is more involved in the here-and-now experience and in the enjoyment of living in the moment -- the rush, if you will.

The INTJ is probably not as interested in the experience itself as much as the prospect of winning; as Intuitive Judgers, their eyes are on the prize and the big picture.