• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Are NT Rationale threads inherently boring to NFs?

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
OK, my intuitive NT cousins:

In real life, I have so many NT friends. I adore you all and find our conversations very interesting. NFs and NTs do have a lot in common since we're iNtuitives. Both temperaments speak in N language. It means we have similar communication styles and similar ways of seeing the world.

But I've found that the NT threads on this forum are stupendously boring for me to read. I don't get it. Do you find the NF Idyllic threads equally as boring?

Any thoughts on why this might be? (And be nice when you answer this.)

:popc1:

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
A lot of NTs that I've observed tend to have a...dryness...in communication, and when you get a whole bunch of NTs together in one place, it's too dry for the likes of you or something like that?

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
A lot of NTs that I've observed tend to have a...dryness...in communication, and when you get a whole bunch of NTs together in one place, it's too dry for the likes of you or something like that?

I think you might be on to something there. Dry and they often descend into NT fights... which are sort of funny. When you NTs start insulting each other you do so with the wit of a New York theatre critic. I do like reading the NT Rationale threads for that... especially when the ENTPs and INTJs go after each other. That can be hysterical.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Yeah... that's true enough. OK, I can take. Let 'er rip.

I was mostly kidding.

In all seriousness, boredom while reading threads by different types shouldn't be unexpected if type is a legitimate metric to describe yourself with. Why do you think that might be?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you find the NF Idyllic threads equally as boring?
Yes. I guess the feeling is mutual. :mellow: Part of the problem is they are usually too subjective, which makes learning something from their posts harder. And even though they write really well, they tend to be prolix. Too much time is spent comforting people. Might be effective for the person asking questions (or sometimes just bitching around), but holy crap, it can be really boring !
I think you might be on to something there. Dry and they often descend into NT fights... which are sort of funny. When you NTs start insulting each other you do so with the wit of a New York theatre critic. I do like reading the NT Rationale threads for that... especially when the ENTPs and INTJs go after each other. That can be hysterical.
Oh, and I love Fi vs Fe fights lol :yesss:

N

NPcomplete

Yes. I guess the feeling is mutual. :mellow: Part of the problem is they are usually too subjective, which makes learning something from their posts harder. And even though they write really well, they tend to be prolix. Too much time is spent comforting people. Might be effective for the person asking questions (or sometimes just bitching around), but holy crap, it can be really boring !

I like those threads because of the bolded actually. It can get annoying but I always feel (ha!) that I learn stuff from them. How to comfort people, for example.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Sometimes I find the NT threads really boring (especially lately since we've stopped talking about infinity and other cool things).

Often I find the NF threads really boring. They just never really feature any of the things I'm interested in, which says nothing bad about NFs (or that they're boring), just says something about where our interests lie.

But it's the same with my girlfriends. They're all Fs, except one INTJ. When we all get together it end up as just me and the INTJ in a corner talking about optimizing transit in the city, what a good marketing strategy would be for her catering business or playing "seven degrees of Gary Oldman" while the others talk about workplace dynamics, boys and whatnot. I'd rather talk about transit...

gandalf

MBTI Type
INTJ
Well, to be honest, I often find the NF forum more interesting than the NT one. I am an INTx with strong Fi and I just don't get anything out of the dry irony of this forum and thus consider it rather boring if not even irritating. I mean, it's nice to joke face-to-face but here on the internet those things kind of become meaningless to me. So many interesting analysis get distorted by senseless joking. What I am after is something study and understand and for that, the NF Idyllic often offers so much more.

T

ThatGirl

There have been a few times I accidentally stumble into the NF forum. That place is frightening.

93JC

"Are NT Rationale threads inherently boring to NFs?"

No, they're boring to everyone. NTs included.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like those threads because of the bolded actually.
Interesting. Funny thing is it used to be one of my favourite subforums, but it got boring.
It can get annoying but I always feel (ha!) that I learn stuff from them. How to comfort people, for example.
Yeah, I also learned a lot there, they can teach us a lot of things. Feel me? :D

N

NPcomplete

Interesting. Funny thing is it used to be one of my favourite subforums, but it got boring.

Yeah, I also learned a lot there, they can teach us a lot of things. Feel me? :D

Ya, ah feel ya.

I've become quite good at comforting people IRL actually. I'll never be as good as some of my friends but at least I can make some people feel better. I've also learnt to take more things into consideration when making decisions.

I'm not a natural at those things and have to make conscious efforts to achieve them. I would probably have become more comfortable with such things with time. Seeing them in action on the forum, however, sped up my learning process. :smile:

Also, I need some kind of balance as I spend most of my time surrounded by T's, XXTJs specifically. Fascinating bunch. But there are times when I miss my other friends and the fuzziness of the NF threads reminds me of them. :wubbie:

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But I've found that the NT threads on this forum are stupendously boring for me to read. I don't get it. Do you find the NF Idyllic threads equally as boring?

Any thoughts on why this might be? (And be nice when you answer this.)

:popc1:

Better question: are the opinions of NFs inherently inane to NTs?

Usually.

rav3n

Both NF and NT threads can be entertaining, reliant on mood. If I'm looking for angst and drama, I read the NF threads. If I'm looking for wit and logic, I read the NT threads!

Do you see what I did thar? :devil:

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I'm just gonna note that none of the recent threads are about INTJs.

:whistling:

You know us NTP's pretty boring people :).... I feel that way at times. I'd find them more interesting if I could relate to the problems/ understand in depth topics that are spoken about. Business topics and Science where math is required is too much like real life for me to care about them on here.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Both NF and NT threads can be entertaining, reliant on mood. If I'm looking for angst and drama, I read the NF threads. If I'm looking for wit and logic, I read the NT threads!

Do you see what I did thar? :devil:
Now that's what i call impartiality! :yesss: