User Tag List

123 Last

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Default Are NT Rationale threads inherently boring to NFs?

OK, my intuitive NT cousins:

In real life, I have so many NT friends. I adore you all and find our conversations very interesting. NFs and NTs do have a lot in common since we're iNtuitives. Both temperaments speak in N language. It means we have similar communication styles and similar ways of seeing the world.

But I've found that the NT threads on this forum are stupendously boring for me to read. I don't get it. Do you find the NF Idyllic threads equally as boring?

Any thoughts on why this might be? (And be nice when you answer this.)

ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

A lot of NTs that I've observed tend to have a...dryness...in communication, and when you get a whole bunch of NTs together in one place, it's too dry for the likes of you or something like that?
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post
    (And be nice when you answer this.)
    But then it won't be stimulating.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by mujigay View Post
    A lot of NTs that I've observed tend to have a...dryness...in communication, and when you get a whole bunch of NTs together in one place, it's too dry for the likes of you or something like that?
    I think you might be on to something there. Dry and they often descend into NT fights... which are sort of funny. When you NTs start insulting each other you do so with the wit of a New York theatre critic. I do like reading the NT Rationale threads for that... especially when the ENTPs and INTJs go after each other. That can be hysterical.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    But then it won't be stimulating.
    Yeah... that's true enough. OK, I can take. Let 'er rip.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Yeah... that's true enough. OK, I can take. Let 'er rip.
    I was mostly kidding.

In all seriousness, boredom while reading threads by different types shouldn't be unexpected if type is a legitimate metric to describe yourself with. Why do you think that might be?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Do you find the NF Idyllic threads equally as boring?
    Yes. I guess the feeling is mutual. Part of the problem is they are usually too subjective, which makes learning something from their posts harder. And even though they write really well, they tend to be prolix. Too much time is spent comforting people. Might be effective for the person asking questions (or sometimes just bitching around), but holy crap, it can be really boring !
    I think you might be on to something there. Dry and they often descend into NT fights... which are sort of funny. When you NTs start insulting each other you do so with the wit of a New York theatre critic. I do like reading the NT Rationale threads for that... especially when the ENTPs and INTJs go after each other. That can be hysterical.
    Oh, and I love Fi vs Fe fights lol
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Yes. I guess the feeling is mutual. Part of the problem is they are usually too subjective, which makes learning something from their posts harder. And even though they write really well, they tend to be prolix. Too much time is spent comforting people. Might be effective for the person asking questions (or sometimes just bitching around), but holy crap, it can be really boring !
    I like those threads because of the bolded actually. It can get annoying but I always feel (ha!) that I learn stuff from them. How to comfort people, for example.

Sometimes I find the NT threads really boring (especially lately since we've stopped talking about infinity and other cool things).

Often I find the NF threads really boring. They just never really feature any of the things I'm interested in, which says nothing bad about NFs (or that they're boring), just says something about where our interests lie.

But it's the same with my girlfriends. They're all Fs, except one INTJ. When we all get together it end up as just me and the INTJ in a corner talking about optimizing transit in the city, what a good marketing strategy would be for her catering business or playing "seven degrees of Gary Oldman" while the others talk about workplace dynamics, boys and whatnot. I'd rather talk about transit...

MBTI
    INTJ

Well, to be honest, I often find the NF forum more interesting than the NT one. I am an INTx with strong Fi and I just don't get anything out of the dry irony of this forum and thus consider it rather boring if not even irritating. I mean, it's nice to joke face-to-face but here on the internet those things kind of become meaningless to me. So many interesting analysis get distorted by senseless joking. What I am after is something study and understand and for that, the NF Idyllic often offers so much more.