User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: ENTPs and Si

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Default ENTPs and Si

So since I'm sick at home right now, I'm fucking around way too much on this forum today, and people are telling me they think I'm an ENTP. Which potentially makes sense - I know I've got Ne and some Ti, but one little problem - I have no Si to speak of. NONE - as in absolute zero, -273.15 Celsius.

How would the confirmed ENTPs here rate their Si?
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    So since I'm sick at home right now, I'm fucking around way too much on this forum today, and people are telling me they think I'm an ENTP. Which potentially makes sense - I know I've got Ne and some Ti, but one little problem - I have no Si to speak of. NONE - as in absolute zero, -273.15 Celsius.

How would the confirmed ENTPs here rate their Si?
    Me too, I'm supposed to be working on something I shoulda finished last week, but it's something I hate doing.

I was gonna say close to zero Si for me, but then I read this:

http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/in...edsensing.html

Introverted Sensing often involves storing data and information, then comparing and contrasting the current situation with similar ones. The immediate experience or words are instantly linked with the prior experiences, and we register a similarity or a difference—for example, noticing that some food doesn’t taste the same or is saltier than it usually is. Introverted Sensing is also operating when we see someone who reminds us of someone else. Sometimes a feeling associated with the recalled image comes into our awareness along with the information itself. Then the image can be so strong, our body responds as if reliving the experience. The process also involves reviewing the past to draw on the lessons of history, hindsight, and experience. With introverted Sensing, there is often great attention to detail and getting a clear picture of goals and objectives and what is to happen. There can be a oneness with ageless customs that help sustain civilization and culture and protect what is known and long-lasting, even while what is reliable changes.
    Mine started waking up in my late teens, but it's been a long, slow process. I do get the "reminds me of" phenomenon quite often, though.

But the clear picture of goals and objectives and how to get from A to B is something I struggle with. I easily get the clear picture of goals and objectives, and can zoom from A to B and imagine the finished product and the major things that need to be done to get there, but I really struggle with expanding on the details. I know what they are, but somehow it is painful to make my brain go through that process because it feels SOOOOO mundane to me.

I have major ADD when trying to force myself through those thought processes and need to take a 5 min break away from it for every 2 min of Si work.

However, when looking for mistakes, somehow the mistakes jump off the page at me, so I don't have that problem when reviewing things that have already been done. Would that be Ti, or would that be a form of Si that I have somehow managed to develop?

Also, when writing things, I have trouble expanding on things that I've already summarized. I'm really good at editing and summarizing and can do it quickly, but I really struggle to expand on things when people want more details. I can't figure out which details are important and what they want to hear about, because to me, the important info is already covered in the summary. Forcing myself through that thought process is also like pulling teeth sometimes. Is that Si?

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

ENTP Si, here, if you don't get in a way that makes you quiver you don't got it: Inf Si

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I am eating at the moment for the 4th day in a row the same meal at lunch. I love it but the people in the restaurant already asked me if I can stand that 4 days in a row . tomorrow I'll surprise them and order something different.

For me Si manifests in noticing unusual behavior or a change in my surroundings, most often its only a gut feeling since I am visually oblivious to my surroundings at times. another element of Si is habits, I have a lot of them and I function best in a rythm. Sometimes it manifests as well in me only seeing what I want to see blending out the rest. the biggest manifesastations it has tho in recognizing patterns, traditions or recurring actions. most of the time i rebel against them and try to do things a new way i figure out myself, but with age i have come to recognize that doing things the proven way can be a huge time saver as well. and time is precious
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

my si is pathetic...i thought that's how it often worked for us??
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    For me Si manifests in noticing unusual behavior or a change in my surroundings, most often its only a gut feeling since I am visually oblivious to my surroundings at times. another element of Si is habits, I have a lot of them and I function best in a rythm. Sometimes it manifests as well in me only seeing what I want to see blending out the rest. the biggest manifesastations it has tho in recognizing patterns, traditions or recurring actions. most of the time i rebel against them and try to do things a new way i figure out myself, but with age i have come to recognize that doing things the proven way can be a huge time saver as well. and time is precious
    This whole paragraph sums up how I think Si manifests itself in me, as well (whoa...wasn't this just an excellent example of the bolded part? I love it when this happens).

This morning for breakfast I had the same bran cereal and almond milk as I do every single other day. It works for me: keeps me full, keeps me regular, tastes relatively good...so really why should I change that up? Especially when my time in the mornings is so precious. I'd rather be doing many other things than thinking about what breakfast I want.

That kind of thing. I guess it's Si. It's just a way of uncluttering my fairly cluttered life and maintaining a grasp on my scattered consciousness.

MBTI
    ENTP

yeah we're all so special

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    yeah we're all so special
    you know you really need to work on that depression of yours
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    you know you really need to work on that depression of yours

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    ENTP Si, here, if you don't get in a way that makes you quiver you don't got it: Inf Si
    The withdrawal/irritability/depression I definitely identify when at my worst. However, I also get really weird and sensitive/emotional. I'm actually *nicer* and more deferring under stress than I am normally - and when I am in ultra-nice mode, it's because I think I have to be that way, at least temporarily. I hate it though - I'm really not wild about being anyone's bitch.

Don't relate much to the OCD cleaning/details though. If anything, I get messy and undetailed the worse my state.

The hypochondria/body thing, I TOTALLY relate to. When I was 16, I was convinced that I was dying of rabies when a small flying brown thing flew near me once (I worried that it bit me without me feeling/seeing it.) Started watching viideos of people/animals dying of rabies, reading the horror stories, googling pictures of it etc..

Another time I obsessed about AIDS being purposefully tainted on public toilet paper by pranksters.

More recently, I crashed on my slutty friend's couch after a drunk night - and thereafter, got paranoid about catching crabs from her likely semen-crusted sheets. I showered in lice shampoo the day after, just in case.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg