• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Whats a good creative hobby/activity for an INTJ

Zangetshumody

MBTI Type
INTJ
It seems trite to me certain types are better suited to certain activities, I would like to do something I can excel at. Being an INTJ I can appreciate certain categories of art with my intuition, but otherwise the whole expression with colour and texture, I can only imagine mastering in a rather rudimentary way.

I can sometimes be quite gifted at finding the right phrase to express my thoughts, so perhaps something to do with writing could be something good to go into... But I was just wondering what else might be out there, that I haven't thought of, that I could enjoy and eventually be quite good at (hopefully).

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd believe the mind processing of the INTJ would put them on advantage towards more specified hobbies, perhaps a little less broad in certain areas. Simple hobbies to stimulate the given mental state such as chess or stuff-making could work. Choosing something you wish to master yourself in.

You could try yourself a number of different hobbies for a bit of diverse fun.

Taken from a website:

• Knitting
• Stamp or coin collecting
• Ceramics
• Gardening
• Model railroads
• Woodworking
• Crafts
• Genealogy
• Computer use
• Theatre
• Painting
• Scrap booking
• Needlepoint
• Drawing
• Comic books
• Bird watching
• Aquariums

nyc bred

MBTI Type
INTJ
I suck at "art". I tried drawing, painting, even graphics design in college and the work I came up with was absolute shit compared to everybody else.

The one thing I AM good at though is writing. I have my creative writing major (aka useless degree) but it was something I excelled at. It should also be known that I lie...ALOT. Only to a few certain people do I try to be completely honest with. But being good at lying has 'helped' me be able to come up with bullshit stories or to fabricate non-ficiton stories to make it much more interesting.

I've always been hands-on with alot of the things I do, so you could try anything that works your mind and allows you to be physical at the same time. Try making something of value to you.

Within

Permabanned
I keep my orderly tumblr close, but my well sorted collection of anime & music closer.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
A suggestion - might be cooking, something technical without having the free flow of drawing and painting, where the artistry is in the technical skill rather than more abstract.

Perhaps a specific type of cooking, like Indian or Persian (jewelled rice - super yummy) or maybe pastry or chocolate etc

Or photography - again technically skilled more than physical skill of painting or drawing

N

NPcomplete

My NTJ friends enjoy photography, cooking, baking and one even enjoys fanfic writing.