• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INTJ relationship with ISTP

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The socionics site says that the
INTJ = Benefactor
ISTP = Beneficiary

The link you posted was very helpful; just took me a while to figure out, because I was reading my self as benefactor and trying to understand it.
Socionics INTj is Ti dominant and therefore is MBTI INTP.
Socionics ISTp is Si dominant and therefore MBTI ISTJ.
Therefore, ISTJs are beneficiaries of INTPs, but the author of this thread was asking about relations of INTJ and ISTP. These are different kind of relations. In ISTP-INTJ relations it is the ISTP who is the benefactor of the INTJ.

You need to keep in mind that Socionics does not use J and P letters the same way as MBTI. Therefore type conversion is not straightforward.

SeedofDavid

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Socionics INTj is Ti dominant and therefore is MBTI INTP.
Socionics ISTp is Si dominant and therefore MBTI ISTJ.
Therefore, ISTJs are beneficiaries of INTPs, but the author of this thread was asking about relations of INTJ and ISTP. These are different kind of relations. In ISTP-INTJ relations it is the ISTP who is the benefactor of the INTJ.

You need to keep in mind that Socionics does not use J and P letters the same way as MBTI. Therefore type conversion is not straightforward.

This reply is only a year late, so yeah. Hah! :) I was saying the info you gave was very helpful. Initially, I was confused because of the socionics site; I was reading the roles backwards and trying to understand. But, INTJ is definitely the Beneficiary!

Your post opened my eyes to understand the interactions and dynamics on a different level, so thanks for that!!

[oh, and don't worry about the translation issue between socionics and mbti. people often think that i totally missed something, when i don't respond or comment on it. so, i get that they are 2 different systems. in my humble, but highly accurate opinion, the systems do not interface as ISTp = ISTJ. not that you care about my opinion - this is just part of my effort to start communicating more. :D]