Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    Low blood sugar. When I'm exhausted or hypoglycemic, I notice having feelings too - namely, impatience.

Did you get checked for diabetes recently? It's not something that just the elderly get anymore.
    Hypoglycemia makes people snippy, impatient, hostile, or they might start to feel faint. It doesn't make you cry over animal abuse prevention commercials.

People usually get diabetes if they aren't elderly because their diet is shit.

Let the poor INTJ have his Fi.

*noms on Magic Shell*

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Hypoglycemia makes people snippy, impatient, hostile, or they might start to feel faint. It doesn't make you cry over animal abuse prevention commercials
    Dang, I might have that.

Actually...I do have that.

As for Mr INTJ OP - my ISTJ friend is having her second renaissance with her Fi coming out in full force. Your age seems kinda young for Fi to be rearing its head now, but your stressful work situation might be bringing it on as well.

I think it's going to get worse before it gets better. And I agree with folks here who have said "don't try to numb yourself, cut off your emotions, or rationalize them away". Dealing with emergent feeling is like discovering a new sense - it will be bewildering, even scary for a while and you'll have to fumble around to find a way to make sense of it and fit it into your existing arsenal of cognitive functions. Cut yourself some slack and promise that you will not heap retribution upon yourself with hindsight. Perhaps keep a journal to keep track of triggers and find patterns in what you are feeling.

Finally, having said all that - your line of work sounds like it's not for everyone. Even though I have palpably strong Fi and really feel a need to be of service and to right injustices, I decided NOT to go into certain fields because I can't handle it. My issue isn't just necessarily emotional response it's that I end up empathizing so closely with people I need to be advocating for that I get sucked down into the pain instead of being pushed to fight and rectify issues.

Practically speaking what helps is to transmute any pain you feel or recognize in others and turn it into anger against [list evil of the day here] or just general motivation to help them in some way. And feel good knowing that you made someone's day - it will be that much sweeter because you know how low you know they normally feel or how dire their situation is.

In your kind of situation, it's important to keep feeling empowered and capable and even to let seemingly helpless people help you. Once you start getting dragged down by sadness or seeming futility or believing in the effeteness and inherent weakness in others - you're screwed. Time to find a new job at that point.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Magic Shell on soft serve ice cream. That's what I hear.
    Had to google Magic Shell. Yes, dark chocolate coating!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post

As for Mr INTJ OP - my ISTJ friend is having her second renaissance with her Fi coming out in full force. Your age seems kinda young for Fi to be rearing its head now, but your stressful work situation might be bringing it on as well.
    This is another good point. I know someone who was going through a depression because of various losses all at once and thought themselves ISFJ when they first got into MBTI instead of ISTJ because of it, though they had apparently showed consistent ISTJ patterns more than ISFJ.

The person is an ISTJ, and they have a Magic Shell of their own, just in a different flavor (INTJs are dark chocolate and ISTJs are more like caramel).

This is another good point. I know someone who was going through a depression because of various losses all at once and thought themselves ISFJ when they first got into MBTI instead of ISTJ because of it, though they had apparently showed consistent ISTJ patterns more than ISFJ.

The person is an ISTJ, and they have a Magic Shell of their own, just in a different flavor (INTJs are dark chocolate and ISTJs are more like caramel).
    The ex-ISTJ was more like milk chocolate in that he wasn't too sweet and didn't stick to your teeth when bitten into!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    The ex-ISTJ was more like milk chocolate in that he wasn't too sweet and didn't stick to your teeth when bitten into!
    Hmmm...perhaps milk chocolate is more apt...they aren't as dark as INTJs but caramel might be too sweet. I know ISTJs definitely aren't cupcake flavor.

Hmmm...perhaps milk chocolate is more apt...they aren't as dark as INTJs but caramel might be too sweet. I know ISTJs definitely aren't cupcake flavor.
    Definitely not!!

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Caramel and chocolate shells, eh? Whatever. I just know the shell beholders like to be licked and sucked...especially the ones with cherries on top.

/perv
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg