First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Resonance View Post
    "Ah, you gave me a Quartz? It has healing properties! And can make rain fall! That's not too good since we have been having way too much rain lately."
    "Um...maybe... I was thinking it's supposed to amplify clarity of thought, since I remember you mentioning you feel like you have brain fog sometimes so I thought this might help when that happens. It's shaped like the first letter of your name, too!"

Like, sorry guys, but..
    lol @ that example. You must have mineral anxiety.

As a side note, I can't believe people still bitch about Pluto not being a planet... Pluto doesn't deserve to be a planet.
    I have a (new) blog here.

You should do these: JohariNohari

MBTI
    entp

I don't think NTPs have this urge to correct people...unless they are with a group that makes the NTP feel dumb. Then and only then, will the NTP be such a freaking annoyance.

Edit: Actually the mature NTP will not do this unless she takes it upon herself to be a mentor to people around her.

A lot of women are attracted to men who set the idiot straight so I feel this thread should be retitled "How to get laid".
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

MBTI
    INTP

Who said I'm not getting laid?

Blasphemy.
    I 50 N 100 T 62 P 39

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Don't most INTPs grow out of this at least by the time they're out of college?
    I certainly hope that's the case.
    I 50 N 100 T 62 P 39

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    That was really quick to read, and equally pointless.
    Oh, stop being ornery: As one of the accused, it left me laughing (because it's so true!)
    I had to give that crap up if I ever wanted to have friends; they wanted me to STFU.

Now I just interject spot-corrections into conversations for fun, rather than as my main contribution to social events.

Quote Originally Posted by tallulah
    Don't most INTPs grow out of this at least by the time they're out of college?
    yes, that sounds like a reasonable target date.

(Well, ACTUALLY, not EVERY INTP goes to college. Some don't even graduate high school. Especially the ones who are locked in the basement all their lives and have food slipped under the door since they keep interjecting pointless corrections into everyday chatter.)

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    Edit: Actually the mature NTP will not do this unless she takes it upon herself to be a mentor to people around her.
    If the relationship is defined in a way that permits this style of interaction, then it's acceptable. Otherwise it's rather boorish.

Of course, like I said... I'll do it just to be funny nowadays... playing up how boorish it actually is.

EDIT: Actually, I came to this thread to discover why I am not getting laid.
    I still do not know the answer to that question.
    Disappointed!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Hee funny article, but well actually I have some remarks:

As software developers, we develop habits that allow us to build products that work and do not fail under stress.
    The article became unrealistic with this sentence .

But our engineering strength is also our social weakness.
    Software Developers are no engineers ! Who hasnt at least drilled a 1200 mil hole into stainless steel is no engineer !!

"Well, actually, the origin of the word Shih Tzu means Lion Dog and has nothing to do with the dog's digestive patterns".
    Well actually if you'd imagine a lion giving birth to a dog out of his ass, it would have to do with the digestive system. Its all a matter of perspective.

As a child, I wondered why my sister could make friends and keep them so easily, while I could not. It would take me years to discover this. And now, as a public service I am sharing with you, my fellow geek friends, what I learned.
    Well the problem is actually the cause. Since you dont have friends, you are no fun to hang out with. Friends are their for personal reflection of the self in your early childhood up until the end of your life. Friends are there to guide you and to help you being yourself and being honest with yourself. Friends motivate you and make you happy so you motivate them and make them happy.

the geek attitude to always "think they are genetically different" cant be used as an excuse for things you have missed in your life. Well actually the whole attitude that says "I am not good at X but because of that I am good at Y" sucks. You can be good at both X and Y you just have to have the courage and to be true to yourself.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Friends are their for personal reflection of the self in your early childhood up until the end of your life. Friends are there to guide you and to help you being yourself and being honest with yourself. Friends motivate you and make you happy so you motivate them and make them happy.
    That's why I keep an xNFP in my pocket.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Well the problem is actually the cause. Since you dont have friends, you are no fun to hang out with. Friends are their for personal reflection of the self in your early childhood up until the end of your life. Friends are there to guide you and to help you being yourself and being honest with yourself. Friends motivate you and make you happy so you motivate them and make them happy.
    You sound like a long-winded fortune cookie.
    Never wrestle with a pig. You will get dirty and the pig will enjoy it.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure View Post
    You sound like a long-winded fortune cookie.
    well actually it would be the message in the cookie that is long winded ! xD
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]