• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Irrational Fears

Sil

This is a test.
Pool cleaners. Something about them feels ominous.

Street sweepers. This is because I used to forget to park my car on the driveway the night before street sweepers came. I would always wake up to the sound of them coming around the corner of the house at 5 A.M. and have to leap out of my bed and run outside to beg them not to give me a ticket (never worked, always got a ticket). As a result of this happening 10 or so times over the course of several months, I have now unintentionally conditioned myself to experience extreme adrenaline rushes to the sound of street sweepers. My pulse skyrockets without me doing a thing.

Sunrises after I've pulled an all-nighter. I cannot deal with it. I have to find something to cover my face and block out the light until the sky has fully transitioned to day.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Pool cleaners. Something about them feels ominous.

This is such a legit fear and I am glad I'm not alone

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have anxiety, and I wouldn't say that I externalize it as some do. Usually, I manage it well but in some situations, it makes it harder to function. I more or less internalize it in most cases. This can lead to dwelling on things if I keep on coming across the thing that is the root of the problem. My social anxiety sometimes leads to some more or less irrational fears. Like being avoidant of people. That is just one example. I also get nervous in larger crowed areas.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I used to be scared of spiders, now I am just scared of flying insects. They themselves don't scare me. But the thought of them flying at me and biting does.

I have rational fears of both psychological and situational areas too.