User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

My irrational fear is anything with a stinger.

I stay calm in the face of spiders, ants, cockroaches,maggots, whatever bug you can think of. But if a wasp or a bee flies by, I will be absolutely paralyzed and unable to breathe until the wasp or bee has gone away. Hives are unimaginably terrifying.

Tornadoes scare me to death as well. I can deal with hurricanes. I can deal with lightning and thunder. But I've had multiple nightmares about twisters chasing me across the plains in the midwest or something.

Alright, so these aren't exactly uncommon fears. But they manage to be the only things that can really and truly scare me so much that I'm incapitated.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp

My name's Sinclair. I'm an [redacted] and I have an irrational fear of cockroaches.

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    297 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    My name's Sinclair. I'm an [redacted] and I have an irrational fear of cockroaches.
    No, I'm sorry, but a fear of cockroaches is not irrational. It's TOTALLY rational. Those suckers be nasty!
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt
    Likes Evee, Sil liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    No, I'm sorry, but a fear of cockroaches is not irrational. It's TOTALLY rational. Those suckers be nasty!
    It's less the fear itself and more the avoidance behaviors. For me.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

being touched by a plant with large leaves or a substantial stem... and I KNOW that's an irrational fear, but it doesn't stop me from running and screaming when they are in my vicinity

to make this an even more irrational fear, I grew up on a farm
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    845 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I have an irrational fear of throwing up and/or having stomach pain. My pain tolerance has been noted to be remarkable by other people...except when it comes to this sort of thing.

So irrational that it sometimes keeps me from eating and then causes said pain to happen. And among other terrible things like anorexia--Not insecure about my body image or weight, but I do worry about eating 'bad food' because of factory chemicals doing bad things to my body and digestive tract.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    Ugh, you won't believe how HUGE they can GET
    Likes Dreamer, Ribonuke liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Default Irrational Fears

I think you're right specially NTs..
    I know some of them are like too afraid of specific things..
    A 36 years old ENTP is afraid of the dentist and chocolates, he can have gummy bears and all kinds of junk food but never a chocolate because he was told as a kid that if he ever eat it he will be going to the dentist as a result.
    He also afraid of hair gel because something bad happened to him the first time he applied it, so he thinks he should never do that..
    And I also know two female INTJ who have irrational fears of various things and it's more like an obsession, like pain, health problems, even numbers and death..
    Like she never pick an even number quantity out of anything, and she would argue with her husband if he ever bring an even quantity to the house, she would never accept that anybody talks about death and think if the doctor told her a bad news it's because someone was talking to him about death that day, and boxes are forbidden because they're a sign of death..
    I find NTs that I know are collapsing so dramatically if anything goes wrong.. Just an observation.. Maybe because they sometimes are too analytical; I don't know to be honest..
    I'm afraid of cats and dogs, specially dogs.. I had many bad experiences with them since childhood, so if I see any of them I just freeze and try not to freak out hahaha [emoji28]
    Work for a cause not for Applause
    Live to express not to Impress

“sometimes... confused people are funnier, nicer, and more open-minded than non-confused people.” labyrinthine

6w7 > 1w2 > 4w3

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    Is it possible for you T's to have irrational phobias? How do you come to terms with them, if so? And what are they, and how did you develop them?

Mine:

Pit bulls - got attacked once, almost lost a limb. Two other times, I got lunged at. Now I cross the street to avoid them. No other breed has ever been aggressive towards me.

Dentists - three very very bad/painful experiences. Think: root canals without anesthesia/novocaine. Incompetent student dentists...

Raccoons - they're just violent little fuckers. Never encountered them closely, but they travel in gangs and will fuck you and your dog up. Evil...

I have a dentist appt this month, and I am already shaking at the thought of it. I don't think a T would have this problem.
    Lol, T are not more rational or logical than F's. So first get that fallacy out of the way. Once you do that, realize that your subconscious mind cannot be shut off. It has sensed danger and it will continue to alert you. Very little of what you engage in on a daily basis is your rational systems 2 thinking. Rational higher frontal lobe thinking takes up too much energy is too difficult to constantly engage with. So most of the time you are on autopilot.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I also have unhealthy obsessions with health and death, but I don't get too superstitious about it. It's more like I try to control it even though it won't help that much.