User Tag List

First 23456 Last

ThatGirl

I have a horrible fear of symmetry. Things like the under cap of a mushroom, or scales on a fish, or any kind of skin flap (like a cut that leaves a flap of skin that should be attached hanging in the same shape next to the shape of the cut), umbilical cords, etc. This problem used to be so bad that at a Benny Hanna's type establishment, when they threw the shrimp on the grill, my lip started quivering, my eyes watering, started breathing heavy, and my head went completely numb.

MBTI
    INTP

I have a fear of getting stuck by myself in an elevator, or getting locked in a public restroom and no one knowing I was in there for a long time.

I also have a fear of not unplugging or turning something off that would cause a fire and kill my dog while I'm out, triggering a crapstorm of guilt and grief. That might be an OCD thing.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INFP

I'm afraid of my new external hard drive. It's 2T and looks exactly the same as my old one except in physical dimensions it's about 5 times bigger. Technology isn't meant to work that way. I've owned it for 4 days and all my other hard drives are in the red yet I'm too scared to plug it in lest some kind of singularity ensue. And I've seen Event Horizon.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

mrcockburn's av isn't making me real happy.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Also...

Centipedes. There will be hyperventilating and probably crying.
    Wind Turbines - I'm not real fond of the big wind farms full of giant ones but I have gotten better. The worst ones are smaller, hooked blades when they aren't spinning.

Attached Images Attached Images
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

fears and phobias have nothing to do with the personality, rationality or emotion.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Also...

Centipedes. There will be hyperventilating and probably crying.
    I hate those things: mindless killing machines. Fast and sneaky. I've seen some very large specimans in the tropics and those suckers aren't afraid of a damned thing (don't think they have enough neurons to even experiance anything akin to fear) and have no trouble going for a finger. And they sound, look, and smell disgusting when you smush them.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

MBTI
    INTJ

I fear driving in crowed and unknown cities. My orientation sucks and in europe cities aren't built in blocks. Add dozens of bicycles, pedestriens, trams, bus- and taxilanes, familiair local drivers with a loose driving style and unreadable steatnamesigns and my nightmare is complete.

In these situaties I find a calming effect in a public transport-pass

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I've always been afraid of getting a paper cut in my eye. It brings me to my knees in agony just thinking about it. I can feel it..... NARGHHHHHH!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by jimrckhnd View Post
    I hate those things: mindless killing machines. Fast and sneaky. I've seen some very large specimans in the tropics and those suckers aren't afraid of a damned thing (don't think they have enough neurons to even experiance anything akin to fear) and have no trouble going for a finger. And they sound, look, and smell disgusting when you smush them.