Thread: INTP Flirt?

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Default INTP Flirt?

Do INTP's flirt with people for long periods of time without ever having any real intention of it progressing?

Just curious =)
    Last edited by Santosha; 08-16-2011 at 11:35 PM.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Dang it. Tried to insert a .gif. Didn't work.

Edit: The flirting is part of the process of figuring out if you want to sell the house and move to Moscow to be with the girl. That can take a year or three for INTP's. May God richly bless those who have something called patience.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    Do INTP's flirst with people for long periods of time without ever having any real intention of it progressing?

Just curious =)
    Yes.

We are not usually the ones who make things progress. Male or female, INTPs tend to only do a serious pursuit if they're enamored to an extreme degree. Typically, at the point in which we pursue, we do it in an unhealthy and pushing-away type of way.

If you're looking for INTP love, you're going to have to act more than they.
    I have a (new) blog here.

You should do these: JohariNohari

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

But would the INTP flirt just to flirt is my point. Do INTP's flirt with people for long periods of time (years) if they really have no interest in someone? Or would they not waste their time?
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

But would the INTP flirt just to flirt is my point. Do INTP's flirt with people for long periods of time (years) if they really have no interest in someone? Or would they not waste their time?
    Hard to say. A young INTP might lead someone on and not care about the ramifications of that. I'd like to think that one who has a little life experience under their belt and a little compassion wouldn't do such a thing. Once I know that I'm not into someone in *that way*, I'll try really hard to NOT say flirtatious things, so as to not give a false impression. But, you know, also keep in mind that sometimes an INTP might just enjoy your company and your friendship - they may want to be your friend for years - someone they can relax and be silly with - yet never wanting more. That's possible too. I've had this crop up before. If you're in doubt, you may want to ask where you stand.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I guess to answer more directly: no. I would not flirt for years if I wasn't into someone.

It wouldn't be good for them and it would be highly inefficient for me.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENTp

But would the INTP flirt just to flirt is my point. Do INTP's flirt with people for long periods of time (years) if they really have no interest in someone?
    No.
    I have a (new) blog here.

You should do these: JohariNohari

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

in real life, you wouldnt get that smooch if there wasnt mutual understanding that its just a joke. but since you live in the other side of world and this is the internets, its pretty obvious that its not going anywhere no matter how many of those i give you. and ofc this isnt just with smooch smilies. but dunno there might be some exceptions, but that would require something coming from the other person also, maybe..

what sort of flirting are we talking about here?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Haven't you ever heard of the saying, "I'm INTP; flirt harder"?

Any individual person within any type is capable of flirting, but INTPs can be kind of earnest / too straightforward at times to always be flirting.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

oh yea. also if someone is playful with me, im most likely the same way back and if someone is serious woth me, im serious too. and its not just that i reply to playfulness, but more like i feel comfortable of being playful with you if you have been that way to me, but if someone is serious with me all the time, i dont feel comfortable of being playful with her/him. in real life that is, internets is a whole different thing
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read