• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP Flirt?

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
INTP's.. do you find yourself drawn to emotional people?

Not drawn to emotional people, no. Drawn more to intensity, people who live life with a passion, whether they are T's, F's, whatever. Drawn to depth. Drawn to Ne as well. Also drawn to certain personality characteristics as well. Like NFP's have the awesome Ne thing going on, while still being very well versed in their Fi and the emotional realm. Very attractive. But, then the NFJ's have that "elegant" thing going on too. Drawn to those things, yet in very different ways.

Do you just pretend to be disturbed by what some might deem irrational mumbo-jumbo while secretly eating it up?

No, I don't pretend to be disturbed by it. It truly is confusing at times. It's a different language than the one I speak. I do get better with age, but it's still not my native tongue. It's not disturbing, it's confusing/baffling at times. Doesn't mean I don't respect it or respect the emotional person, it's just that I have a hard time relating to it or knowing what the right thing to say might be.

And what is your emotional state usually like in that rich inner world? Flat? Underlying?

It really is pretty flat in the inner world. The inner world consists of Ti and Si. Ti + Si = logic rock. Ne and Fe are our fluffly, emotional realm - that's the goofy, playful, silly, easy going, semi-affectionate side that people see. When I'm with people, they see that side of me. They see some of my emotions. When I go home and get into Ti/Si mode, there isn't much of that. It's buidling systems, thinking about work. It's cold, hard analysis. Logic. Black and white. Learning, reading, exploring. It's not about emotions when we're by ourselves. Emotions is what we have to do when we extrovert, because we are Fe. If I'm alone and I feel emotional (rare), I have to call someone or talk to someone. I have to extrovert it. It can't stay inside cuz I don't really know what to do with it internally. It has to be expressed in some way.

*pokes INTP robot with stick* I've seen more than a few INTP's come across as rather apathetic, and wonder if you really DO like people that can invoke strong emotions.. but am I wrong? Is it always uncomfortable for you?

I like people who can invoke a "passion" for life and deep discussion and having fun while we do those things. If you can invoke my passion and have a deep discussion with me, then inevitably, some of my emotion will come to the surface. You will see some emotion from me. But, I can't say that I go around looking for "emotion". I look for passion and depth. Only thing I can think of where I might be looking for emotion is sometimes when I'm with a bunch of T's for a long time...like a bunch of guy friends talking about beer and football and race cars.............or a bunch of robotic conversation about math and engineering for several hours, then I might think to myself, "Good grief.................are there any humans in this room? Anyone who has a zest for life or anything?" And I feel like I have to get away from that place. So, maybe that is seeking out emotion to some degree.

But, again, I'd say it's more about passion and depth than it is emotion. Emotion can overlap with those things for sure, but if the emotion lacks passion and depth (and hopefully SOME FREAKIN' degree of logic to bring balance to it), then I'm not going to last very long with that emotional atmosphere. I'll check out real quick cuz it's just not my language.

Pride

MBTI Type
INTP
Flirting is akin to mental sparring for me, and a facility for practicing interactions with females for my future endeavors. I enjoy flirting; I find it fun and interesting.

It really is pretty flat in the inner world. The inner world consists of Ti and Si. Ti + Si = logic rock. Ne and Fe are our fluffly, emotional realm - that's the goofy, playful, silly, easy going, semi-affectionate side that people see. When I'm with people, they see that side of me. They see some of my emotions. When I go home and get into Ti/Si mode, there isn't much of that. It's buidling systems, thinking about work. It's cold, hard analysis. Logic. Black and white. Learning, reading, exploring. It's not about emotions when we're by ourselves. Emotions is what we have to do when we extrovert, because we are Fe. If I'm alone and I feel emotional (rare), I have to call someone or talk to someone. I have to extrovert it. It can't stay inside cuz I don't really know what to do with it internally. It has to be expressed in some way.

Perfection

fripping

MBTI Type
nerd
acknowledging a girl's existence is akin to flirtation for an intp.

Pride

MBTI Type
INTP
acknowledging a girl's existence is akin to flirtation for an intp.

I think this is rather an impossibility, since flirtation requires the conscious interaction between two human beings.

Simply acknowledging a girl's existence does not necessitate any responsiveness on her part.

fripping

MBTI Type
nerd
a rebuttal from the south: pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff!

Nanel

MBTI Type
INTP
I agree with INTP.

Recently in a tight situation so I asked a friend of mine, 'Do I lead you on?' and his response was 'Lead me on? No. I flirt with you, but I do not see you as leading me on. If anything you make a point of keeping your boundaries." I believe I am playful not flirty. The true test comes when YOU ask an INTP. For me if you want to make sure if an INTP is interested. Be direct, ask want you want to ask. You will get a direct answer. I for one are not big on emotions and they are extremely confusing. I doubt I understand the meaning of love. I believe I confuse it with acceptance. When I am put on the spot I will quickly lead you in the right way but until then... let's play.

rav3n

Do INTP's flirt with people for long periods of time without ever having any real intention of it progressing?

Just curious =)
Depends on the INTP. Some flirt with everyone, in a playful way. Some only flirt with people they're attracted to and want to progress further. Others can't or don't flirt.

What's noticeable, is that as a generality, female INTPs flirt more than male INTPs but when male INTPs learn how to flirt, they can be very flirty too, albeit they lean to banter more than flirt, as defined in the traditional sense.

j.c.t.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm terrible at flirting. The only reason I was ever able to be in a relationship is because an INFJ was very into me once upon a time.