User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 42

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Arguments keep the gears of the mind turning in an epic perpetual motion scheme, as without it, there is no change, and hence, there is no improvement upon the current systems, so it follows that we should challenge all incompetence, even if those who diplay it are too weak to see it in themselves, and accept the differences that must be made.

    It is because of this confrontational philosophy I hold true, that lots of people are always offended by what, to them, seems an interrogation I conduct upon them, without pity, and without mercy. Really though, my intent is not to make people suffer. Rather, I believe that we become stronger from conflict, and that it also gives our lives purpose and meaning, as without it, we would have nothing to achieve, no adverisity to overcome. This is why work is so important. What we do with it is of inestimable value.

  2. #32
    Carerra Lu IZthe411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,591

    Default

    I have- because my approach has been taken as an attack/argument on another person's opinion, when it's not the case. Especially where I'm passionate.

    Most times I'm interested in understanding the logic behind the statement, so I will ask questions to draw that out.

    It does get my attention when people make blanket statements and have no basis to support it. My line of questions aren't to start an argument, but hopefully inspire the person to take a few moments to think about what they are saying.

  3. #33
    Member COLORATURA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Usually, people take what I say as insightful or intelligent. There are a few who do not, but usually because they don't understand what I am saying. I get frustrated when they can't understand, though, which doesn't help.

    I have learned, though, to let people know that I am playing "Devil's Advocate," and in no way mean them harm.
    INTP
    5w4
    Phlegmatic

    http://www.spaceandmotion.com/

  4. #34
    Junior Member NathanZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by momental View Post
    Everything I say is met with opposition at my work. I can never tell if I am wrong, or if they just don't like my tone.
    Exactly. It's often less about How Things Are at my work, and more about How Things Look.
    'There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.' - George Carlin

  5. #35
    Junior Member NathanZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    i dont think its the blunt style that makes INTJs often seem arrogant, its the "i am right and you are wrong because i am me and i am superior" attitude(which you might see in many of the younger ones and in many of the older ones that are not really grown up from it) that cant be changed no matter how much you try to reason with them. and the fact that if they are like that, they dont see it themselves, but just say that others are crap and that their opinion doesent really matter since they disagree and thus are inferior.
    I can totally dig that, and in my youth I was pretty darn full of myself (I hide it better now ) and got into a lot of unnecessary pissing contests about the most pointless junk. The desire to be right, to assert rightness, is particulary strong in INTJ. However, although I feel that I'm more open to discussion and argument now, my style of speaking is still pretty blunt and direct, and lots of people take it the wrong way at first.
    'There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.' - George Carlin

  6. #36
    Junior Member Emerill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTp
    Posts
    21

    Default

    All of the time I receive comments that I tend to challenge others, even when I think I am just having a normal conversation. Other times, people love my points, but find me rather intimidating. It's something that bothers me, it frustrates me.

  7. #37
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    i dont think its the blunt style that makes INTJs often seem arrogant, its the "i am right and you are wrong because i am me and i am superior" attitude(which you might see in many of the younger ones and in many of the older ones that are not really grown up from it) that cant be changed no matter how much you try to reason with them. and the fact that if they are like that, they dont see it themselves, but just say that others are crap and that their opinion doesent really matter since they disagree and thus are inferior.
    The world is full of people who think they are right all the time and better than others. The typical bluntness of INTJs makes this particularly easy to see. In other types, it is obscured by a more sophisticated social veneer, and only becomes evident when they are directly challenged/threatened.

    Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Most times I'm interested in understanding the logic behind the statement, so I will ask questions to draw that out.

    It does get my attention when people make blanket statements and have no basis to support it. My line of questions aren't to start an argument, but hopefully inspire the person to take a few moments to think about what they are saying.
    Same here. Broad, unsubstantiated claims draw my attention like blood in the water attracts a shark. The result is about the same, too.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  8. #38
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    The world is full of people who think they are right all the time and better than others. The typical bluntness of INTJs makes this particularly easy to see. In other types, it is obscured by a more sophisticated social veneer, and only becomes evident when they are directly challenged/threatened.
    yea, but tert(and inferior with ETJs) Fi makes it hard to valuate ones own worth properly in conscious manner. this can easily lead to conscious paying attention on only to things that support the ego point of view and make it easier for an TJ to act out in very egoistic manner. but usually with those cases there is something in the unconscious that is telling that the person is crap and worthless and cause self-doubt, which is then filtered out to a large degree and ego defending itself to only paying attention to things that support the opposite of 'worthless crap'.

    for example something like crap social skills or the ability to express feelings or thoughts properly might cause complexes of inferiority, which are nullified by focusing on being smart(for example) and pushed back to unconscious. INTJs often are very smart people and its ok to feel proud about that, but if there is lots of shit pushing from the unconscious and saying that you are crap, it needs to be either countered with focusing on being smart, which too often leads to feelings of superiority and assumptions that the INTJ is always right and always smarter. because admitting of being wrong(or in extreme cases even questioning the possibility that the other person might be right), would trigger that complex about being crap and it would hurt like hell, so the ego needs to grow or humble, but that would cause extreme anxiety and low self-worth, in extreme cases maybe even depression(tho which can help the person grow extremely much if its dealt properly).

    like you said, bluntness only makes this show. but its the expression about the matter that pisses off people, no one cares if you think you are the best, but dont show it in any way.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  9. #39
    Senior Member bedeviled1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Would this kind of bluntness be typical in all INTJ's?
    "May you live all the days of your life"

  10. #40
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    yea, but tert(and inferior with ETJs) Fi makes it hard to valuate ones own worth properly in conscious manner. this can easily lead to conscious paying attention on only to things that support the ego point of view and make it easier for an TJ to act out in very egoistic manner. but usually with those cases there is something in the unconscious that is telling that the person is crap and worthless and cause self-doubt, which is then filtered out to a large degree and ego defending itself to only paying attention to things that support the opposite of 'worthless crap'.

    for example something like crap social skills or the ability to express feelings or thoughts properly might cause complexes of inferiority, which are nullified by focusing on being smart(for example) and pushed back to unconscious. INTJs often are very smart people and its ok to feel proud about that, but if there is lots of shit pushing from the unconscious and saying that you are crap, it needs to be either countered with focusing on being smart, which too often leads to feelings of superiority and assumptions that the INTJ is always right and always smarter. because admitting of being wrong(or in extreme cases even questioning the possibility that the other person might be right), would trigger that complex about being crap and it would hurt like hell, so the ego needs to grow or humble, but that would cause extreme anxiety and low self-worth, in extreme cases maybe even depression(tho which can help the person grow extremely much if its dealt properly).

    like you said, bluntness only makes this show. but its the expression about the matter that pisses off people, no one cares if you think you are the best, but dont show it in any way.
    Your description sounds more like an INTJ in a serious Ni-Fi loop. Te normally should short-circuit counterproductive self-doubt by providing a more objective and realistic view of one's ability. This cuts both ways, showing us what we need to work on, and confirming what we are already good at. Even when we are justified in asserting our position, however, our style can leave a negative impression on others. Contrast this with other types who may be just as certain of their correctness, but sugar-coat it with pleasantries, caveats, and even flattery, and as a consequence are more well-received (even when they really are wrong).

    Quote Originally Posted by bedeviled1 View Post
    Would this kind of bluntness be typical in all INTJ's?
    As typical as any part of the standard type description. Everyone is an individual, and when we divide all of humanity into 16 boxes, there is bound to be much variation within each one.

    In general, INTJs are very direct and waste little effort on pleasantries or social convention, unless and until we learn how this can help us be more effective. We often see no point in saying anything at all, but when we do it tends to be unvarnished, concise, and frank. (The stereotypical example is that we will actually tell someone if that dress makes them look fat.)
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] INTJs, how do you deal with/feel about Te?
    By Uytuun in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-27-2014, 01:12 PM
  2. [INTJ] INTJ Guys: Do you see yourself unexpectedly...
    By Mr.Time in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-11-2014, 04:43 PM
  3. [INTJ] INTJ -- What do you do to see things through to the end?
    By ouka in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-11-2010, 02:05 AM
  4. [INTJ] INTJs - what do you do to relax?
    By Cindy in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-15-2009, 01:00 AM
  5. [INTJ] INTJ's Do you suppress your smiles?
    By thescientist in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 11-23-2009, 06:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO