User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 42

  1. #21
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adasta View Post
    We find you oddly robotic.
    And we find you oddly unwise
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adasta View Post
    I find INTJ arguments can go like this:

    INTJ [quizzical]: Don't you think it's X rather than Y?
    Me: No, I think Y is more accurate. It seems more accurate to me.
    INTJ [pressing]: But why?
    Me: I dunno. I just feel that it's more plausible. Both options have logical premises, so I can't dismiss them on that basis. Therefore, I choose these one for these reasons...
    INTJ [thinking]: Ok.
    Me: What do you think?
    INTJ: Well, it's difficult to say either way.
    The mistake you made is where you assume that it's the INTJ who initiated the discussion. It's completely illogical to ask for advice when the expected outcome is another let down or the fact that it does not accomplish anything. I can't speak for many but since I only know myself and one other INTJ, the common denominator present here is to resolve issues, and push through them rather than creating new ones.

    However I could see myself do this in order to simply brush off a obnoxious extrovert where all else have already failed.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adasta View Post
    INTJ: Well, it's difficult to say either way.

    Why were you pursuing your line of argument so aggressively if you can't actually commit to it?

    The content of that post is inconsistent with many of the INTJs in this forum.

  4. #24
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    yea thats more like entp style
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  5. #25
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    yea thats more like entp style
    You said it. I didn't.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Adasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    The content of that post is inconsistent with many of the INTJs in this forum.
    Good to know.
    That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.

  7. #27
    Junior Member NathanZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Answer to original question: Yes.

    I find that my blunt style is often perceived as arrogance or flippancy, and that pisses people off. Working in an industry that is dominated by more 'touchy-feely' folks means that I often have to use lots and lots of 'softening phrases' before I can get to the point.

  8. #28
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NathanZ View Post
    Answer to original question: Yes.

    I find that my blunt style is often perceived as arrogance or flippancy, and that pisses people off. Working in an industry that is dominated by more 'touchy-feely' folks means that I often have to use lots and lots of 'softening phrases' before I can get to the point.
    i dont think its the blunt style that makes INTJs often seem arrogant, its the "i am right and you are wrong because i am me and i am superior" attitude(which you might see in many of the younger ones and in many of the older ones that are not really grown up from it) that cant be changed no matter how much you try to reason with them. and the fact that if they are like that, they dont see it themselves, but just say that others are crap and that their opinion doesent really matter since they disagree and thus are inferior.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  9. #29
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by istar11 View Post
    Hi,

    I've noticed that I often attract argumentative responses from people. Maybe I'm just inherently annoying and people just feel compelled to set me straight, but often I feel that simple remarks I make (usually commentary), provoke others to disagree with me. This has always happened with me, but I'm noticing it more and more now. I suspect it is because I come off as unintentionally authoritative on a subject (talking out of my ass?). I try to command my language precisely when around others.

    Do any INTJ's or perhaps INTP's specifically identify with this? Is this an INTX thing, at all? Do you ever get taken aback by people's responses to what you think are perfectly reasonable statements that require no further clarification or argument?
    Maybe you perceive them as argumentative responses because their response doesn't fit your worldview and then you start arguing which then causes it to turn into an argument

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  10. #30
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    Everything I say is met with opposition at my work. I can never tell if I am wrong, or if they just don't like my tone.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] INTJs, how do you deal with/feel about Te?
    By Uytuun in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-27-2014, 01:12 PM
  2. [INTJ] INTJ Guys: Do you see yourself unexpectedly...
    By Mr.Time in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-11-2014, 04:43 PM
  3. [INTJ] INTJ -- What do you do to see things through to the end?
    By ouka in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-11-2010, 02:05 AM
  4. [INTJ] INTJs - what do you do to relax?
    By Cindy in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-15-2009, 01:00 AM
  5. [INTJ] INTJ's Do you suppress your smiles?
    By thescientist in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 11-23-2009, 06:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO