User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default Are there any NT/NFs you would consider "stupid?"

This is related to the NT thread about avg. intelligence which interested me.

According to the few books I've read on MBTi, they claim intelligence really has nothing to do with type. I agree. However, I've always wondered if there any of iNtuitives you've come across that are just plain "stupid." My reason for asking is that there are many stupid people I've met from the SJ/SP category (as well as smart), but I don't think I've personally ever met an iNtuitive on that level (especially the NT).

Now I don't mean "social" or "street intelligence," because if I did, clearly many of us would fall into that trap. But as far as descriptions for the four temperaments go, there is obviously a bias toward iNtuitives because they wax on-and-on about how "creative" and "intelligent" we are (most likely, because iNtuitives write these books, lol). Personally (relating to the previous thread), I think I'm reasonably intelligent and creative, but not as brilliant and groundbreaking as some of the descriptions I've read of NT. There are many times where I prefer things to be simple and non-complex.

Anyway, I mean in the most general sense of the word of "stupid," whereas one is consistently making logical errors that a person of average intelligence would not have made otherwise, or where one has genuinely tried their hardest in grade/high school and failed. I can give more examples, but I'll make the claim that everyone knows what I am talking about.

Are there any NT/NFs you would consider "stupid?"
    Yes.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Scorquendo View Post
    Anyway, I mean in the most general sense of the word of "stupid," whereas one is consistently making logical errors that a person of average intelligence would not have made otherwise, or where one has genuinely tried their hardest in grade/high school and failed. I can give more examples, but I'll make the claim that everyone knows what I am talking about.
    INTJ123

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Yup, I remember this INTP guy was here on the forum for about a month saying how he had 7 or 8 girlfriends or something. It's not that I was jealous or anything (maybe a little bit... No, not really. :P ). But his posts were just so full of shit, it was actually kind of hilarious. The judge is not out on him being an INTP (dont see how he could've been, juggling so many girlfriends), but if it was true, I bet he was seriously delusional and had blow up dolls with day-tags on them.. I remember some NF's on the forum that definately would fit the 'stupid' tag. However, the ones that come to mind also don't post on the forum anymore (probably got banned).
    My brother can be a real dumbass most of the time (ENTP), he has his moments but he's just totally stressed out and being stupid.

So, basicly I've met plenty, both NT's and NF's, that do not strike me as anything else but stupid.

But I do always try give them the benefit of the doubt, or leave them to their own devices.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

"one is consistently making logical errors that a person of average intelligence would not have made otherwise, or where one has genuinely tried their hardest in grade/high school and failed."

One could try hard in school but be ADHD or have a learning disability-thus not be "stupid". Can you give better examples of the logical errors you describe above? being an INTP, you'll perhaps may note others who dont think in Ti terms to be kinda slow and illogical..thus you might consider them to be stupid, not understanding they are using different tools to reason with.

ReflecTcelfeR

Quoting House here:

"Natural selection is not an infallible force."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Intuitives will say that there are stupid intutives but they probably won't stop and consider that it might be them who is the stupid one. It's always "those other intuitives over yonder" who are the stupid ones.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Stupid is always easier to see when it's farther from home, in my experience.

That being said: YES. Oh hell yes. And while we're on the subject, I've met many, many sensors who would make all you people out there with the intuitive superiority complex reevaluate yourselves.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

MBTI
    INTP

I can think of plenty of time I acted stupidly and stupid is as stupid does. So I think you can find NTs that are "stupid" - but you'd probably find that a significant portion of them have circumstances that are interfering with their logical and analytical processes.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

'Type' is a preference. It has nothing to do with concrete skills. Being an NT doesn't automatically make you smart, just like being an NF doesn't automatically make you emotional or artistic.