User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Glycerine

One of the dumbest people I have ever met was an XNTP.... I wanted to punch him pretty much everyday I was forced to interact with him. There are others but he was the most memorable. lol. Of course, there are dumb people and smart people of pretty much every segment of the population though.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    "one is consistently making logical errors that a person of average intelligence would not have made otherwise, or where one has genuinely tried their hardest in grade/high school and failed."
    One could try hard in school but be ADHD or have a learning disability-thus not be "stupid". Can you give better examples of the logical errors you describe above?
    No. I wasn't referring to people with a handicaps because that wouldn't be fair to class them like that.

I want to say something like basic math or english, but that could backfire into what I am trying not to say. How about questions like: "Does the earth revolve around the ___?", "What's heavier? 100 bricks or 100 feathers." (Ti might screw that up since I sometimes do poor on timed tests)

If it helps, I'll use personal examples of stupid people I came across in high school: lack common sense, low vocabulary skills, lack general knowledge, inability to connect the dots more quickly without being told a step-by-step process:

For example, I knew a girl from my high school job that when I taught her how to make hot dogs (simple process: oven -> set for 15 minutes -> bell rings --> take out, throw on grill -> setup buns), she still needed me to actually tell her to "take out" the sausages from the oven or else they will burn, throw them on the grill, and finally set it on the buns. When they told me to grill hot dogs, all I needed was the last step (setup buns - which I actually inserted during the 15 minute wait).

These are people I think are "stupid."

Anyway, this is the reason why I asked, because from the descriptions I've read in books, these^ attributes are clearly in favor toward iNtuitives, and I'm quite sure there are "stupid" iNtuitives that I haven't met, yet. But if they do fall under my category of "stupid," then they wouldn't/shouldn't be labeled under the definition of "iNtuitive." Does anyone else see this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    [I]being an INTP, you'll perhaps may note others who dont think in Ti terms to be kinda slow and illogical..thus you might consider them to be stupid, not understanding they are using different tools to reason with.
    Actually, the opposite. I sometimes think people think I'm a bit slow at times because I usually pause, mumble, or use too many words for a sentence, but when I write to them, it's like I'm a completely different person! I think intelligence is superficially tailored toward Te since they are a lot more...eloquent [on the spot].

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I've definitely met iNtuitives I would not consider smart. Most have been ENFPs, but ENFPs are the iNtuitives I've come across the most IRL. I knew an INTJ who was not that bright. He was good at math (but not in any other academic area), but otherwise a bit slow, and completely out of touch with reality in a way that made him seem dull-witted over all.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    He was good at math (but not in any other academic area), but otherwise a bit slow, and completely out of touch with reality in a way that made him seem dull-witted over all.
    Yeah, but I think that's part of being an INTJ (great logical skills; poor social ones).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Scorquendo View Post
    Yeah, but I think that's part of being an INTJ (great logical skills; poor social ones).
    It wasn't just social though. That's why I mentioned he did not do well in other academic areas.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Yes, but I think with NTs in particular it can be less immediately apparent when they are stupid. I'm thinking of the ones who just fervently argue in circles that make no sense at all but their delusion belief in their own intelligence, tricks people into thinking they really possess it. Of course, before long, people tend to realise the truth.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Isn't this where we're supposed to argue for pages and pages over the definition of stupidity, much like the definition of intelligence?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Isn't this where we're supposed to argue for pages and pages over the definition of stupidity, much like the definition of intelligence?
    Only stupid people would do that...
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Only stupid people would do that...
    Wanna argue?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Wanna argue?
    I already did by saying only stupid people would argue.. I like shooting myself in the foot, makes me feel alive.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf