User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which superpower would you choose?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Invincibility

7 10.77%
  • Invisibility

7 10.77%
  • Telepathy

4 6.15%
  • Telekinesis

8 12.31%
  • Flying

3 4.62%
  • Shape Shifting

11 16.92%
  • Time Manipulation

25 38.46%
  • X-Ray Vision

0 0%
123 Last

Thread: Superpowers

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Default Superpowers

If you could have one [completely controllable & voluntary] superpower, which would it be and why?

Note: Only for NTs! Others: start your own if you want! (but send me a link so I can post it here so we curious people can see too!)

For me: definitely telepathy. No more clumsy words! I could also figure out how people work and have the collective knowledge of the universe at my mind-tips...
    Intuition is the supra-logic that cuts out all the routine processes of thought and leaps straight from the problem to the answer.

MBTI
    INTP

Nothing better than shape-shifting
    I 50 N 100 T 62 P 39

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I chose time manipulation but if the choice was an option I would choose mind control (a la Jedi Mind Trick)
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I can't prioritize. They're all good and highly gratifying in their own way.

What's kind of funny is that I'm such a bookworm and NON-physical IRL; but anytime I end up playing a superhero game, I end up vying for invincibility + superstrength, and maybe flying if I can get it. (My fave character from CoH is still my Inv+SS tanker.) You'd think I'd be into other abilities with more nuance, but apparently I just want to be strong and tough and kick butt. [Think Fairchild from Gen13, I guess.]

EDIT: Over on another forum, a member was handling out perfectly "mediocre superpowers."

I got this one:
    Any beverage you drink will be precisely the right temperature.
    Additionally, your shower or bath temperature will also always be perfect.
    I love it. It's so perfect for me, I'm a stickler on my beverage and shower temperatures, it has to be "just right" or I hate it.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

So I assume Xray Vision also allows one to see through walls and (drool) clothing? If not its pretty bunk and as helpful as the lesser beer cooler super power.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

ThatGirl

The ability to turn any thought into a reality.

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    The ability to turn any thought into a reality.
    Would this include turning any desired superpower into reality? Hmmmm.... Me likes!
    Intuition is the supra-logic that cuts out all the routine processes of thought and leaps straight from the problem to the answer.

MBTI
    I???
    Enneagram
    huh sp/so

I chose shape-shifting, because the ability to spontaneously grow any type and color of facial hair would obviously be included. And as we all know, that would be the most useful superpower conceivable.

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by kissmyasthma View Post
    I chose shape-shifting, because the ability to spontaneously grow any type and color of facial hair would obviously be included. And as we all know, that would be the most useful superpower conceivable.
    You could also jump off of buildings, go SPLAT, then turn back into a person and walk away - all in an effort to make people go WTF? Though, in more seriousness, you could not splat and it would be a much more efficient method of getting down from parking garages than the stairs...

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by alakazam View Post
    Would this include turning any desired superpower into reality? Hmmmm.... Me likes!
    Yup, if you can think it you can do it. The ultimate superpower.