User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I don't think he's obsessing over the facebook profile so much as using it as a resource to structure his perception of her. Ni (that is, xNxJ types) are inductive reasoners... little bits of information (such as a favourite band, something they dislike, etc.) help us form a "whole understanding"... so, in fact, it's a very J thing to do. Ni types make decisions quickly after they have all the information they need.

I figure if it's on the internet, it's fair game. And I fully use that resource as an INTJ.
    That's pretty much how INTPs work. We get information from as many different sources as possible to build up the big intuitive picture. I can see what you are trying to say, but I just considered it weak because it makes him look paralyzed in his inability to take action.

I'm speaking from past personal experience. Been there, done that. Now I have a completely different attitude, approach and outlook.

MBTI
    INTP

Damn it! I missed my 200th birthpost. But woohoo I'm 202 posts old!

MBTI
    INTJ

As already said, there's an attraction or some level of interest involved if an INTJ is psycho-analyzing somebody. Personally I'm a bit wary if I catch myself doing this, because it can turn into a defense mechanism, and to be defensive when potentially moving closer to someone is totally backwards and defeating. To try to analyze somebody is something I don't think I'll ever stop doing if I think they're interesting, to know what other people think and feel about things. I'm certainly not "above" approaching friends or others directly to learn about themselves, and most ambitious (read: not socially maladjusted) INTJ's are likely to do the same. I don't stalk over MySpace or Facebook because I wouldn't put personal stuff out there that just any idiot could see and there's privacy involved (on top of that, I don't disclose much about myself, so I'm )*

However,

1. I do put stock in my judgments and readings of people.
    2. Figuring out people is interesting.
    3. My criteria for interesting is totally arbitrary and impossible to explain. But there are people whom I've ignored initially but later I end up thinking "what was wrong with me! that person is so cool!"

Overtime I've gotten sick of doing such things, so I like people who are naturally somewhat disarming and NOT like me, because I consider myself sobering in spite of my alleged friendliness. On top of that, venturing without abandon into a relationship is something I secretly want but cannot do easily.

So although I can just go with it, when I see others who do it naturally, that makes me happy.

*I have stalked over Myspace before. I always held the same principle I described when stalking, but I decided to live with the dirtiness of what I was doing for the sake of spying.
    Still using a needle to break apart a grain of sand.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by FallsPioneer View Post
    As already said, there's an attraction or some level of interest involved if an INTJ is psycho-analyzing somebody.
    Agreed, and there has to be some level of uncertainty there too, or analyzing wouldn't be necessary. At least, that's how I've worked
    j'adore les chats

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiana View Post
    Agreed, and there has to be some level of uncertainty there too, or analyzing wouldn't be necessary. At least, that's how I've worked
    What about sketchy people who don't even realize that they're all talk? And that they're actually very not-stable people? My (mandatory) mentor was like that... boy, was that a shocker once I figured out how messed up she was. She was a genuine, sweetheart kind of person, but seriously... had no solid base of knowing herself or how to read into things once I really got to talk to her about things that mattered.

And she sold me before as someone trustworthy. (Again, she was. She was just really not a stable person.)
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTP

I have a friend who I think is INTJ, and he psychoanalyzes just about everyone that comes into contact with him. I think any TJ is bound to psychoanalysis because it's one of their main ways to understand the world around them.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Cality View Post
    Why do I always attract boring and neurotic guys!!!????
    The question is why are you attacted to these guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Cality View Post
    the thing is that my dad is an INTP, I think.. (borderline P/J). And I am maybe for this reason attracted to INTPs, since like msot girl, my dad is my absolute unconscious and conscious male model...
    psychoanalyzing again, sorry!

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

That we bother to investigate and learn more about you means that we're interested.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    The question is why are you attacted to these guys?
    Im not!!!!!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    What about sketchy people who don't even realize that they're all talk? And that they're actually very not-stable people? My (mandatory) mentor was like that... boy, was that a shocker once I figured out how messed up she was. She was a genuine, sweetheart kind of person, but seriously... had no solid base of knowing herself or how to read into things once I really got to talk to her about things that mattered.

And she sold me before as someone trustworthy. (Again, she was. She was just really not a stable person.)
    For me, that's where listening to the Ni comes in. My intuition usually tells me these things, I just have to 1) trust it, and 2) be quiet enough so I can hear it I don't consider that analyzing, because it's so automatic.

That's unfortunate about your mentor... I'm sorry that it worked out like that. I'm studying to be a psychologist, so I catch emotional instability pretty quickly - I'd better be able to!

Oh, and ETA I like the quote in your signature. I have that same one on my Facebook profile, haha! Lewis is one of my fav authors.
    j'adore les chats