User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Cality View Post
    Ok It comes across as over-analysis... Too much thinking in the air without any Yuuhuuu come back to earth, we are there.... Kinda disconnected from reality. For example, one INTJ guys who is interested in me prefers reading my facebook profile over and over, analyse it through and through, watching all my pictures and taking for hours on msn for weeks rather and before really setting any date at first.
    Why would you be interested in someone who obesses over your facebook profile?

If he is an INTJ, he sounds like a weak one. J's are most comfortable making decisions quickly. But maybe you are not sending clear signals. Sometimes we think we are sending clear signals, but we are not.

MBTI
    ENFP

well I don't know. He told me he would like to go out on a date with me but he also told me that it stresses him too much because he doesn't manage to figure me out and prefers to keep on analysing me. He suscribed to facebook when he realised, i've got a profile there. I agree with you, he is quite neurotic and boring....

Why do I always attract boring and neurotic guys!!!????

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    Why would you be interested in someone who obesses over your facebook profile?

If he is an INTJ, he sounds like a weak one. J's are most comfortable making decisions quickly. But maybe you are not sending clear signals. Sometimes we think we are sending clear signals, but we are not.
    I don't think he's obsessing over the facebook profile so much as using it as a resource to structure his perception of her. Ni (that is, xNxJ types) are inductive reasoners... little bits of information (such as a favourite band, something they dislike, etc.) help us form a "whole understanding"... so, in fact, it's a very J thing to do. Ni types make decisions quickly after they have all the information they need.

I figure if it's on the internet, it's fair game. And I fully use that resource as an INTJ.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENFP

yeah he kinda uses this for this reason. But we have common friends he could use as well! Asking friends in some ways is maybe rather ENFPish...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

yeah he kinda uses this for this reason. But we have common friends he could use as well! Asking friends in some ways is maybe rather ENFPish...
    From personal experience, my $ is on the fact that he does manipulate information out of friends, but because he does it stoically and so methodically planned out how he's going to extract it, people don't notice all the little bits and pieces he's filing away.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENFP

I am not extra-ordinarly attracted to him anyway, so I don't care. But if he sounded more cool, maybe I were more attracted...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I am not extra-ordinarly attracted to him anyway, so I don't care. But if he sounded more cool, maybe I were more attracted...
    He probably is cool once you get to know him
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENFP

ok, good to know!

MBTI
    INFJ

Too much thinking in the air without any Yuuhuuu come back to earth, we are there.... Kinda disconnected from reality.
    INJs are very much out there in space, yes, that's a given. And INTJs in particular, what with being Introverted, Thinkers, and non-Sensors, are definitely at risk of being more disconnected from reality than many other types when it comes to interpersonal relationships. That's part and parcel of the general INTJ package. Many INTJs manage pretty well, but many others manage pretty badly, as can be expected. The more socially and physically awkward ones will definitely make for, uh, interesting dates.

For example, one INTJ guys who is interested in me prefers reading my facebook profile over and over, analyse it through and through, watching all my pictures and taking for hours on msn for weeks rather and before really setting any date at first.
    Looks like he's trying to get a feel of you before meeting you. Trying to put things under control as much as possible before jumping into the reality of a real date with a real person. Not terribly mature, granted, but quite understandable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Veneti View Post
    Sometimes you have to go with the flow, enjoy the moment and see what happens...
    True, but sometimes "going with the flow" (Inferior Se) is the OPPOSITE of "enjoying the moment" for INJs, so it's really not that simple.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

I really hope what the person in question did is considered weird, because I just did one of those things...

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I don't think he's obsessing over the facebook profile so much as using it as a resource to structure his perception of her. Ni (that is, xNxJ types) are inductive reasoners... little bits of information (such as a favourite band, something they dislike, etc.) help us form a "whole understanding"... so, in fact, it's a very J thing to do. Ni types make decisions quickly after they have all the information they need.

I figure if it's on the internet, it's fair game. And I fully use that resource as an INTJ.
    Exactly. Great explanation.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.