User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Cool Do all INTx relate to sociopath characters in popular media?

Have you ever related to Dexter or Rorschach(from watchmen) ? I can often relate to them and even Serial Killer Carl Panzram?

Point is.. Are all my INTx bros potential sociopaths?

If so. We need to increase our gene pool!
    Eccentricity has always abounded when and where strength of character had abounded; and the amount of eccentricity in a society has generally been proportional to the amount of genius, mental vigor, and courage which it contained.
    John Stuart Mill

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

INTx's and Sociopaths often look similar on the surface, but the real difference lies in the intentions of the person. INTx's can be sociopaths but are not by definition.

There aren't many sociopaths in media I relate to because those characters tend to be very shallow and superficial.

Or at the very least, if I am sociopath, I'm much better at it than they are.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP

So an INTx with bad intentions is a Sociopath?

I'm a time-bomb ready to explode?

Also.. what do you reckon is the MBTI of Anders Breivik? Sounds NT-ish to me!
    Eccentricity has always abounded when and where strength of character had abounded; and the amount of eccentricity in a society has generally been proportional to the amount of genius, mental vigor, and courage which it contained.
    John Stuart Mill

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Being a sociopath is showing no remorse or consciousness.

An INTx is on the other end of the spectrum, however since we vaue truth above all, we may do or say things that on the short term might be harmful, but for the best intentions, it can be seen as sociopathic behaviour to others that don't see the full extent of the reason of that INTx's actions.

MBTI
    INTP

Makes sense!

Thanks
    John Stuart Mill

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

As for Anders Breivik, I don't really care to know and he is unhealthy above all. So he isn't able to represent any of the types. But considering his (unhealthy) idealistic worldview, I would be partial to say he is NF. He just sucks at being one really badly.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Being a sociopath is showing no remorse or consciousness.

An INTx is on the other end of the spectrum, however since we vaue truth above all, we may do or say things that on the short term might be harmful, but for the best intentions, it can be seen as sociopathic behaviour to others that don't see the full extent of the reason of that INTx's actions.
    yes exactly. I just got a job where they told me the reasons for hiring me was that they thought I had an approachable and friendly exterior, had a good telephone voice and saw me as a versatile experienced, progressive individual that wouldnt say no to a challenge. Id say thats more fitting of me than being a sociopath. So I dont need a lot of socializing? That dont mean I dont like being with people. All I am is a skeptic that may not open up as easily as others. But I know my friends appreciate my qualities.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I bet INTXs are a minority among real sociopaths. Real sociopaths are so irrational they can barely think long term. That said, I relate a lot to Dexter. I've never watched the others.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Or at the very least, if I am sociopath, I'm much better at it than they are.
    ^^^ This
    Intuition is the supra-logic that cuts out all the routine processes of thought and leaps straight from the problem to the answer.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I bet INTXs are a minority among real sociopaths. Real sociopaths are so irrational they can barely think long term. That said, I relate a lot to Dexter. I've never watched the others.
    Same here. I cannot relate to how he does people in, but the inner thoughts he has - about people, himself, relationships, emotions, etc. - I can definitely relate to.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...