User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Sociopaths are usually very charismatic and manipulative. Those traits don't fit most INTs very well. I am INT, but I know I'm not a sociopath because I don't fit the description of completely lacking any capacity for empathy whatsoever. It's possible that I'm less empathetic than some other people, but I'm definitely not devoid of any capacity for it at all. My mbti scores are very consistent with a strongly Ti preference, but a lot of the time I really do wish I could improve the world in some way, like cure cancer or some other disease for example. I do not aspire to inflict pain on other things if they haven't done anything to me.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

The only ways in which I can identify with the typical "psychopath" thing is understanding what it means to have a detached approach to things and willingness to step outside the moralizing of society to look at things without preconceived notions of what is good or bad.

So, also, typically when I study a psychopath or serial killer or sociopath, while I might be horrified on one level by their crimes, on another level I'm quite capable of examining the world through a neutral framework and figuring out how they're viewing society and life, looking for any consistent rationale there. I want to understand the way they see things and reconstruct their worldview.

I don't think it's equitable with INTx. I don't think INTx is incapable of seeing human elements when they look at the world, but for the types we're discussing, they typically don't even seem to have the capacity to feel any sort of empathy. INTx simply have a harder time than some other types (depending), and often expect themselves to be better at it, other people to respond differently to them, and are frustrated it takes them longer to figure it all out when they're so good at figuring out most things not relationship related.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    INTx simply have a harder time than some other types (depending), and often expect themselves to be better at it, other people to respond differently to them, and are frustrated it takes them longer to figure it all out when they're so good at figuring out most things not relationship related.
    You're not very convincing with that avatar, you know?

"I'm just misunderstood!" /sacrifices toddler

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Its an INTJ thing, not INTP. All INTJs are sociopaths, but naturally most just deny it
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Its an INTJ thing, not INTP. All INTJs are sociopaths, but naturally most just deny it
    S'funny, i always related sociopathic tendancies to estp's...not really intj's.
    (Maybe it's more recent than always).
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    And I to ISTPs.

Lolz, ISTPs are such social butterflies.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    And I to ISTPs.

Lolz, ISTPs are such social butterflies.

ISTP's are freaks. They hate me saying that but they do not realise i like freaks.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    Well i wasnt being too serious
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

You know, sometimes I wonder if EF types are actually more like sociopaths than ITs. (at least in some ways they seem to be.) Here's why:

At risk of pissing people off, this is just my observation of the flaws of EF types.

temperamental
    vindictive
    Very irrational, do not understand logic and cannot be reasoned with,
    often do not have a reason to dislike someone, but do anyway (irrational)
    react negatively to someone who tries to use logic to figure out what's wrong and solve a problem
    Fs are more in tune with other people's emotions = can use this to be manipulative
    Es are usually more charismatic than Is = more easily manipulative
    EFs usually have a large group of friends that can be manipulated and turned against someone they want to bully

Ts are more likely to have a consistent moral code based on logic,
    less likely to do something that would be inconsistent with their views
    T allows someone to more thoroughly examine a moral code and develop ones own based on empirical evidence.

Many Es seem to look down on Is because Is aren't as social and charismatic = Many (not necessarily all) Es are more conceited

I don't necessarily want to categorize ALL Es and ALL Fs this way because I think it's unfair to label someone based on their mbti because everyone is different, even people with the same mbti type. Some people will express more positive traits of their type and some will express more negative traits depending on the person and the situation. I do not intend to imply that there are no positive traits of EF types or that ITs are without flaws.

Personally, I get along much better with other IT types. They're easier for me to relate to and we usually have more similar interests. Not all F types are evil, but in my experience, there are more evil EF types than evil IT types. This will probably piss people off, but that's what I think about types expressing sociopathic tendencies.