User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I don't think this is type related, because I have seen exactly what your describing in my ENFP buddy. It becomes much worse as he drinks. It's like he lack awareness of where he is in space and time, he has no sense of natural energy exchange. I went to Vegas with him a while back and made the mistake of sharing a suite. After being up for 36 hours I was done. He couldn't stop bloviating on about anything and everything, rappidly connecting idea to idea, it was unlike anything I've seen in people before. An Ne ganked out coke binge wouldn't hold a candle. At first i felt terrible for him, as the group we were with initially found him comical and interesting, but then became very drained. I have no idea how this problem would come about, but I suspect it involves self absorption to the point that you are incapeable of picking up social, environment, and intra personal queues. Just a complete lack of awareness stemming from an inability to comprehend the value of non-verbal, observational knowledge?

Anyhow, good luck!
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

ReflecTcelfeR

Introvert. Forcibly cut yourself from your environment and train yourself to pluck out your introverted functions. Dwell on yourself more, but don't talk about it, just think about yourself. Keep yourself away from your environment even if others start to get worried. It's for your own good, truly.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyTick View Post
    Is it normal for ENTJs to dump information all over the place like a backhoe?
    No.

Is it my Achilles Heel, or a figment of my imagination?

Should I just try to be the generic male who keeps it simple? ...

Or spin those webs of artful dialogue?

The only problem is that I CAN'T keep it simple. It's unnatural for me, and I won't be acting 'myself.'
    It all comes down to this: I turn heads and captivate, but at the end of the day I'm a women deterrent.
    I dont think there is necessarily a conflict between your desire to be expressive and your desire to be liked as long as you are attentive to your audience. Pay attention to how the person you are interacting with is responding to you, and if the signals are indicating that you're "overloading" them you should back off. I'm not expressive in the way that you are describing, but I've a fairly strong personality. I have had to learn to be disciplined in how I interact with people because if I were as intense as I wanted to be/am naturally others would find it off-putting, and I would be less effective in dealing with them. It takes time to learn.@FineLine posted some good tips that you could start with. You might take those into consideration as well.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

If you want to have intellectual discussions, what makes you think that barflies are the best ones to have these types of discussions with?

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    I don't think this is type related, because I have seen exactly what your describing in my ENFP buddy. It becomes much worse as he drinks. It's like he lack awareness of where he is in space and time, he has no sense of natural energy exchange. I went to Vegas with him a while back and made the mistake of sharing a suite. After being up for 36 hours I was done. He couldn't stop bloviating on about anything and everything, rappidly connecting idea to idea, it was unlike anything I've seen in people before. An Ne ganked out coke binge wouldn't hold a candle. At first i felt terrible for him, as the group we were with initially found him comical and interesting, but then became very drained. I have no idea how this problem would come about, but I suspect it involves self absorption to the point that you are incapeable of picking up social, environment, and intra personal queues. Just a complete lack of awareness stemming from an inability to comprehend the value of non-verbal, observational knowledge?

Anyhow, good luck!
    You're ENFP buddy must be my distant cousin of mine.

I've realized that I need to start channeling my social energy outwards more, and begin crafting a theme predicated on the object of my conversation as opposed to showcasing myself. Yet, I must say "connecting idea to idea" is my line of crack.

as the group we were with initially found him comical and interesting, but then became very drained.
    Yes, "drained" is the best descriptor of the end-vibe when I'm in the equation. I get too carried away and don't know how to stop at the thresholds of social etiquette.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Of course you can. You'd just prefer everyone else adapt to you.
    It's not gonna happen. Social graces are something everyone has to learn sooner or later.
    You have to learn to let other people talk and share the spotlight.
    I'll honor your warrant for saying so, and I'm going to take a more humble approach at my next venue and use the pause button more frequently.

Anyhow, do the particulars of my circumstances jive with that of a different personality type? In a corporate setting or in modus operandi, there is no other type description that can fit me best except for ENTJ. When it's time to unleash, I'm a different breed.

So what really is the most credible metric for 'typology'? Specifically, does the description of my night-out conduct fall short of the primary qualifications for the ENTJ type?

Based on your anecdotal observations, what other types could be the template for my behavior?
    got chaos?