User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Welcome to THE FRIEND ZONE.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

If you will suffer around her and you have no chance to get her to reciprocate similar feelings towards you with your current relationship status with her then kill it. Simply do not be her friend.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    If you will suffer around her and you have no chance to get her to reciprocate similar feelings towards you with your current relationship status with her then kill it. Simply do not be her friend.
    I disagree. The miserable feelings he gets is his own doing, not the girls, if he gets over it he can still have a good friend. He doesn't need to be a pussy about it.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I disagree. The miserable feelings he gets is his own doing, not the girls, if he gets over it he can still have a good friend. He doesn't need to be a pussy about it.
    Good friend? By the way he's describing things she seems rather... not very nice to be around to be honest. But that really is besides the point. Doing what I have mentioned would be one of the easiest and fastest ways to 'get over' the miserable feelings he gets. Don't expect him to take what you're saying now and actually achieve it because even though it works, it isn't the most practical.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

He also said she has been a friend for several years and most of his descriptions are recent problems and might even be false assumptions or based on recent awkwardness, plus, they are young. The fact remains they were good friends for a long period before, so there is no reason to assume they can't be in the future at this point.

It's not about getting over miserable feelings the easiest way, it's about getting over miserable feelings the best way.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm not sure why we maintain feelings sometimes for people who we know it's not going to work with. I have a problem getting over people even if I just had a huge crush on them.

Has this got something to do with closure? Closure really helps me tremendously, and people say that's a woman thing, but some men may need it as well. I think it may be closure in your case because you're continuing to hang out with her as a close friend.

You may have to break contact with this person entirely. Communication helps me tremendously (I can't stand the suspense of not knowing, something about my brain) but as an INTP you may just be able to walk away I do not know.

Also, talk to other girls. This always helps me. I mean, to talk to other guys. It's just practical, you know.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

oh about depression: if you were depressed, and being around this girl made you feel happy (being attracted to someone, being infatuated with someone, falling in love with someone, all of those things usually do) then you may have subconsciously linked "not being depressed" with this girl...and it may not have anything to do with her, per se, just that you got a rush of seratonin around her

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    but as an INTP you may just be able to walk away I do not know.
    INTP's can walk away as easily as staying in my opinion, our ability for emotional detachement works both ways. With that in mind, walking away seems like the pussy way out. We INTP's need to go for the tougher descisions from time to time, shapes character!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    He also said she has been a friend for several years and most of his descriptions are recent problems and might even be false assumptions or based on recent awkwardness, plus, they are young. The fact remains they were good friends for a long period before, so there is no reason to assume they can't be in the future at this point.

It's not about getting over miserable feelings the easiest way, it's about getting over miserable feelings the best way.
    Sound great. Ey @Kirby Kill off those sweet emotions of attraction and remain good friends. Thing will go extra smooth, guaranteed!