12 Last

MBTI
    JOGK
    Enneagram
    Find
    Socionics
    Krab

Post INTJ, ENTJ and leading

Hi INTJ's and ENTJ's my question is for you. I'm interested in knowing what compels you guys to be leaders instead of being followers?

ThatGirl

The inefficiency of others.

Being responsible for someone else's mistakes.

It comes naturally if you are in a group of people who do not see the bigger picture and you do.

Think of it this way. If you were in a boat with 50 people and everyone was talking. You naturally happened to notice the boat was two minutes away from crashing while everyone else was oblivious, wouldn't you yell "Iceberg! Get the wheel we need to turn! Go!"

Assuming the crisis is averted, wouldn't you keep a more cautious look out afterward, and ask others to do the same? For me I see stuff like that all day every day, just on a lesser scale.

I have no problem following a strong leader. The problem is finding one I trust to get the job done as I would. To be precise, diligent, intelligent, and not lazy!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

because I'm too much of a rebel to follow anyone else's rules.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    SCOEI / Inquisitive

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by carcrater View Post
    Hi INTJ's and ENTJ's my question is for you. I'm interested in knowing what compels you guys to be leaders instead of being followers?
    The fact that so many people around me (including people in supposed leadership positions) have questionable or muddled goals, and/or no focus to their actions causes me not to be a follower most of the time. This is my preferred mode - to work on my own, with minimal need to follow direction or to give it. When I do act as a leader, it is usually to make sure that something gets accomplished, or gets done right. I have enough seniority at work that I also act as a mentor to younger colleagues, which is a form of leadership. I don't mind this, as I enjoy teaching, especially one-on-one.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

It seems to me that it would have to do with presence as well, people will follow the stupid if they believe they know what they are doing. I also believe that part of it is presence, I have always been told I have charisma (by my friends) most everyone else I try to intimidate, and i'm good at it. I suppose part of it would probably also be the ability to take initiative, I find more often than not I have been the "leader" of my friends, partly because I am the one to take the initiative to bring us all together.

ReflecTcelfeR

I seem to be forced into a leadership role. Hardly any of my friends besides an ENFP has an opinion of drive. It frustrates me and so I end up taking at least somewhat control with the ENFP and we get done what needs to be done.

MBTI
    nnnn

I lead myself and follow few people. I don't have much interest in leading others.

MBTI
    INTJ

I see leadership as a means of achieving my goals. Therefor, I can take the lead when I feel that's needed but I have no desire for the leadership role itself. Quite often I just notice that what I want is such that few others believe in it and therefor, I have to take the lead and the role of the agitator in order to reach the goal.

Because I see leadership as a way to something else, I am also interested in developing myself in it. I sometimes take leadership roles that I see a chances to learn something new I am likely to need in the future.

Nevertheless, I am more than happy to let the others lead and to remain as a background support whenever I consider that efficient.

That bad thing for me about be the leader is that it limits my insight. Leading usually includes interaction with people and that takes such a part f my resources that my ability to observe and use my insight is clearly compromised. That's the reason number one why I avoid taking the lead whenever possible.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by carcrater View Post
    Competent leadership causes no issues for me at all but if I feel the current leadership is lacking, I'll take over. Inefficiency, incompetency, straight up shitheadness, would be some of the reasons that would compel me to lead because I'm not following that kind of person.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    SLE

Usually, I am the only one in the group who has an idea of what should be done, or how to do it.

I don't seek leadership positions, I don't like the responsibility that comes with it, but it falls into my lap too often because I have a clear plan in mind on how to proceed, or the only one with a solution. I tried to back away from it a few times, and concede to someone else but sometimes it takes the work or project a long time to move forward.

Also, it's not a matter of others being unable to figure things out, it's just that I do it quicker than everybody else. As if, I am hardwired to think of things like that..so they end up giving me the leadership position.

I'd be more than happy to just mind my own assigned part and not worry about leading anybody or anything anywhere.