User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Default NTP's- who is the best match?

I read one place that INTP's were a good match for a female INFJ... I read somewhere else that an ENTP would be the INFJ's ideal match.... do you all think you could deal with an INFJ? If an INFJ had to decide between the two types, who do you all think is the better match... and why?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

A good match goes further than types alone, but generally we don't mesh well with S types. And INFP might not be the most ideal either because you'd end up watching anime together on the couch every evening.

In a general sense, I often find myself attracted to INFJ, ENFJ, ENTP and ENTJ types. But there has been a few of other types that I was attracted to for less general reasons. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

I've dated all kinds, but I confess the best rapport I've experienced to date was with an INTP. I think I'd have the same (if not better) experience with an ENTP. We speak the same love language (Fe), but they offer an objective balance to our subjective experience.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Moxiest View Post
    I read one place that INTP's were a good match for a female INFJ... I read somewhere else that an ENTP would be the INFJ's ideal match.... do you all think you could deal with an INFJ? If an INFJ had to decide between the two types, who do you all think is the better match... and why?
    I'm very attracted to NFJs. I think an INTP would be the better option for you-ENTPs might be too brash.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Depends too much on the individual.

I enjoy INFJs but they don't always share that enjoyment.

Despite the obvious similarities I personally I find the differences between INTP and ENTP massive. The former has a preference for pondering, the latter for action. Question is which would you prefer in a partner.

Besides that I believe often I-E relationships provide the most balance. Ergo ENFJ-INTP and INFJ-ENTP if you wanted to go the NFJ/NTP matches.

But theories are of no importance when it comes to relationships, only the actual dynamics of those involved.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I seem to be having a hard time with replys.... I am always told to refresh the page and log in... does this happen to everyone? IS it just because I am new?

Thanks for the ideas/comments everyone!

Still not sure what my preference is... I'm a bit of a sucker for rational perceivers regardless of their introversion/extroversion... but they are quite a bit different! Amazing how introversion/extroversion can REALLY change the way someone intereacts with others!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Moxiest View Post
    do you all think you could deal with an INFJ?
    In general, I think so. Though I have only met one (confirmed) INFJ before. She was probably the first person in high school I was able to have an awesome conversation with. She got someone to open up to and I got someone willing to listen to some of my craziness, so I think it's potentially a good dynamic I could see how some problems could come up if I was pushed to be more socioemotionally serious, or if I started insisting on "lightening/loosening up," so that could create a better understanding, or explosions (the bad kind).

If an INFJ had to decide between the two types, who do you all think is the better match... and why?
    It really depends.... I do think they are very similar (because I'm biased like that), but in general:

From the INTP: expect more quiet evenings at home reading books/playing video games together, a cute sort of sillyness, messiness but with the occasional extreme perfectionism, more random emotional outbursts, more insistence that things "make sense"

From the ENTP: expect more random outings or not-so-quiet evenings at home (explosions, but the good kind), a "charming" sort of crazy, a general scatteredness, more resistence to a controlled stability, more concern with their "audience"

...and things that go along with these things, and things already included in the NTP part.

Actually, the part about the ENTPs wanting action more almost sums up the difference completely

So the question is of which flavor of crazy do you prefer?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENTp

INFJs... well. Two INFJs fucked me pretty good. One by entering a relationship while I was pining for her and not saying a thing about it, another by making me wait forever on her and then going for someone else at the first chance.

My INFJ experiences have not been positive. Not been positive at all.

J's in general are tough to mesh with though, they're so structured and scheduled, it's hard for me to deal with.

INFPs have been my better match...
    I have a (new) blog here.

You should do these: JohariNohari

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Know what, screw the INTPs (metaphorically speaking) they're terrible for you, stay away from them, INTPs and INFJs need to get with ENTPs it's the only way that things can work.

You deserved to know the truth.

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I would really like to see how an NeFe ENTP and FeNe ESFJ mesh.

C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5