User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

^ when it's good, it's great, when it's bad, people die.

=/

violaine

I'm INFJ. Perhaps I'd do ok with a quieter kind of ENTP in a relationship... But as it stands I tend to fall for INTPs. I'm sensitive to other people's energy and I prefer to be with someone who has calm energy. I'm pretty adventurous, so I don't need to be pulled out of myself by someone more outgoing. The TP/FJ difference makes for enough of the good type of friction.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

^ Agreed! Although, I really do prefer intuitives to sensors, I am sure ESTP's could work.... Heathcliffe in Bronte's Wuthering Heights was supposedly ESTP... I always liked him in an odd sort of way........

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    ^ when it's good, it's great, when it's bad, people die.

=/
    this is why I love ENTP's ^

The only person who ever broke my heart was an INFJ. And man, did he break it.

The relationship was great, but it takes a certain amount of work and maturity from both parties for it to be great....

WAIT, hold up! It takes work and maturity to make a relationship great???

Well shit...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    In general, I think so. Though I have only met one (confirmed) INFJ before. She was probably the first person in high school I was able to have an awesome conversation with. She got someone to open up to and I got someone willing to listen to some of my craziness, so I think it's potentially a good dynamic I could see how some problems could come up if I was pushed to be more socioemotionally serious, or if I started insisting on "lightening/loosening up," so that could create a better understanding, or explosions (the bad kind).

It really depends.... I do think they are very similar (because I'm biased like that), but in general:

From the INTP: expect more quiet evenings at home reading books/playing video games together, a cute sort of sillyness, messiness but with the occasional extreme perfectionism, more random emotional outbursts, more insistence that things "make sense"

From the ENTP: expect more random outings or not-so-quiet evenings at home (explosions, but the good kind), a "charming" sort of crazy, a general scatteredness, more resistence to a controlled stability, more concern with their "audience"

...and things that go along with these things, and things already included in the NTP part.

Actually, the part about the ENTPs wanting action more almost sums up the difference completely

So the question is of which flavor of crazy do you prefer?
    ... I feel like I'm at an ice cream shop, being asked to choose between chocolate and vanilla.... and I just... I can't do it. I can't choose! :/

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Moxiest View Post
    ... I feel like I'm at an ice cream shop, being asked to choose between chocolate and vanilla.... and I just... I can't do it. I can't choose! :/
    I would compare it more to choosing between vanilla and french vanilla...almost the same but some do have a preference or distaste towards the little specks. Not sure which type would have the specks though... but if they are vanilla and chocolate maybe you need to get that swirly kind of ice cream (a quieter ENTP or more outgoing INTP)

(Hmm.... this means that if I am an NF-flavored xNTP, then that'd make me like a neapolitan ice cream.... sweet )

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    I would compare it more to choosing between vanilla and french vanilla...almost the same but some do have a preference or distaste towards the little specks. Not sure which type would have the specks though... but if they are vanilla and chocolate maybe you need to get that swirly kind of ice cream (a quieter ENTP or more outgoing INTP)

(Hmm.... this means that if I am an NF-flavored xNTP, then that'd make me like a neapolitan ice cream.... sweet )
    Neopolitan it is! ... does this mean I taste like strawberry? :/

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

@Moxiest, yes it is common knowledge of type and temperament tht all NFs taste of strawberry. Try tasting yourself someday Unless you would like another flavor designation? I know some NFJs have a cinnamonness about them... but then ENTP and INTP need something cool, like cookies and cream or waffle cone or something

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Best match for an INTP? An INTJ, of course (speaking from experience).

According to some of the joke type descriptions, we're an ideal match since neither of us realizes we're in a relationship (???)
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...