User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 93

  1. #1
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    (y)
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTP
    Posts
    371

    Default NT - most brutal

    NT have a way with words. Not the type of ppl you wanna mess with really. From what Ive observed can be the most ruthless, brutal, cold blooded folks out there.

    Not in every day life. That would be the SJ. But when it comes to battle. You really dont want an NT on the opposite side of you.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Oso Mocoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sakuraba View Post
    NT have a way with words. Not the type of ppl you wanna mess with really. From what Ive observed can be the most ruthless, brutal, cold blooded folks out there.
    "A way with words", yes. Actually, this causes problems for me sometimes. When I get angry, I sometimes say things to people I love that hurt them long after I've stopped being angry. I sometimes wish I could unsay stuff.

    Not in every day life. That would be the SJ. But when it comes to battle. You really dont want an NT on the opposite side of you.
    A lot of NTs have been famous generals. I think the NT take on violence is that you don't want to be the least bit sporting about it, you want to find the most effective and efficient way of killing the other guys. They don't view the battlefield as being made up of people with feelings, it's just a mental problem to solve in the most effective way possible.

  3. #3
    Emerging Tallulah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sakuraba View Post
    NT have a way with words. Not the type of ppl you wanna mess with really. From what Ive observed can be the most ruthless, brutal, cold blooded folks out there.

    Not in every day life. That would be the SJ. But when it comes to battle. You really dont want an NT on the opposite side of you.
    Sometimes. A lot of NTs have a problem with rage, and their ability to distill their thoughts into the most streamlined, blunt way possible makes the things they say in anger extremely hurtful.

    Having said that, I believe that NTs are often perceived as angry and unfeeling when we're really just messing around and being funny in a deadpan way. Heavy feeling types don't always know that a lot of the stuff we say isn't personal at all. We're just goofing, in our own way. I used to write poems in grad school that were little funny social commentaries, ala Dorothy Parker or Odgen Nash. Sometimes I got comments like, "Whoa! That's harsh!" even when they were laughing, but to me, I was just amusing myself. I'd never intentionally hurt someone. All's fair in humor.

  4. #4
    Senior Member edel weiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Having said that, I believe that NTs are often perceived as angry and unfeeling when we're really just messing around and being funny in a deadpan way. Heavy feeling types don't always know that a lot of the stuff we say isn't personal at all.
    Yes. People often seem to think I'm angry most of the time and that I get annoyed very easily. I really don't. In fact, I rarely ever get angry. I just get involved in things and activities very deeply, and if people are being difficult, I sometimes start shouting at them. But I don't particularly care of they don't listen anyway.

    Some of my friends are scared of me.
    Last edited by Zergling; 04-03-2008 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Got quote tags to work.

  5. #5
    ~dangerous curves ahead~
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    2,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sakuraba View Post
    NT have a way with words. Not the type of ppl you wanna mess with really. From what Ive observed can be the most ruthless, brutal, cold blooded folks out there.

    Not in every day life. That would be the SJ. But when it comes to battle. You really dont want an NT on the opposite side of you.
    Just throwing this out for discussion in my cold T way , please no one take anything personally.

    Perhaps because all NTs have F only as tertiary or inferior functions. So the outright appearance is that of coldness.

    But one can also say, that if a T really cares about you then, they care about you. It is regardless of external dictates which say you have to be nice to someone, whether or not you like them (Fe) and you could run counter to their own values (Fi), but... they love you inspite of. That is why love is not easy for NTs. It is past reason. It hits them and penetrates them when they did not seek it, incapacitating their normal functioning. vs an NF, welcoming the emotions.

    That seems cold to others. But I prefer to see it perhaps, as a more selective choice, of whom to love and care for. And that if they love you, they do, simply. I wonder if NTs ever fall out of love completely.

    Vs an NF, with F as dominant or auxilliary. The surface is always warm, friendly, loving. So... the impression everyone has is that all NFs are warm and fuzzy and loving... But in their hearts... You never really know if they love you because of you, or because you're the perfect fit for their lives (Fe), and you fit some role in their image of how things should be (Fi). I think NFs tend to love, because of. That is the seeking I mean.

    So.. as in love, so in battle. The T chooses clearly, what he wants to protect, whom he wants to extend it to. And because the clarity is not clouded by external pressures of whom and why he should do something, he'd hold to whatever is necessary to win, to protect what he feels he should. If an NT was protecting me, and swore he'd do it, I know I could expect loyalty to the death from him/her, simply. At that stage, it is past reason. It just is.

    From an NF, I'd be worried about allegiances shifting. If the reason for defending me dies within the NF for e.g. The F would motivate him to seek other things to protect, to fulfill his sense of self. vs a sense of duty.

    So yea... the choice of cold-bloodedness, ruthlessness and brutality... It is a question of perspective, merely?

    My 2 cents.

  6. #6
    On a mission Usehername's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    I'd be most scared of an NF if they really got enraged. They see through interpersonal stuff sometimes even better than the critical-minded and problem-seeker-by-nature NTs.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

  7. #7
    Senior Member nemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf
    Posts
    445

    Default

    $&#37;*(&^$#

    My friends say I'm intimidating too.

    WTF

    I don't think I am *at all*. I've never had anger management problems or anything -- if anything, the opposite.

    I sometimes give that "I'm studying every detail of what you say" glare, but I'm just dissecting what people say.

    Bah!

    Edit: @ aelan's comments, yes, "falling" for someone is a strangely agonizing experience for me, but once I've synthesized all those feelings I am theirs forever (or at least, some part of me, even after a breakup)
    Last edited by nemo; 04-03-2008 at 11:08 PM. Reason: blah, can't collect my thoughts
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London

  8. #8
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    (y)
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTP
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I'd be most scared of an NF if they really got enraged. They see through interpersonal stuff sometimes even better than the critical-minded and problem-seeker-by-nature NTs.
    No.

    What's most scary about NT's is their persistance and relentlessness. NF might be critical for a few minutes, or even days. But they won't sustain it like an NT does.

    NT will study you like a bug and then crush you without mercy.

  9. #9
    Senior Member ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    I'd agree.

    NTs are excellent at debate and can use words to defeat you (non NT) by spinning your words against you, by deconstructing your argument with more precision, by building arguments using personal information to deconstruct one's character, by using bigger words to sound sophisticated and revered, and by disconnecting from their feelings and unleashing all their ideas. They also have confidence in their skills. The I's can be particularly vicious since they're less needy and can dispose of friendships with greater ease.

  10. #10
    Procrastinating
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    954

    Default

    Okay, I wrote a long post and deleted it... because I was still coming up with thoughts about things that have been said to me about this. So, I'm just going to reply this way. Yes, I think alot of NTs can be seen that way, myself certainly included, but I think we're misunderstood by more "sensitive" types. I don't think its my intention to be (brutal, etc). To me "brutality" implies a wish to harm. I don't recall ever having that intention but, when I have an issue with what someone's done or expressed, I will go after it with a vengance. .. not them... the action or idea. If they resist, then yes, I will use their own words to close the gap. That's the only way I can be sure they'll follow my point... (saves time and effort) nothing more or less intended. I will also approach socratically using their words. That does seem to be quite annoying to some which simply tells me it works. But brutal? I wouldn't see it that way were I on the receiving end.

    Someone here posted that NTs make good Generals due to a strategic viewpoint without regard for the individual's feelings... something like that. Is that brutal? I mean, really, they aren't there to coddle or nurture an enemy. They're there to take prisoners or kill them. Its kill or be killed. Killing the enemy is saving your own people. I guess war is brutal in a sense but those waging it, as individuals, aren't necessarily. I was a Captain's Driver and had many long conversations about this. They suffer.

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] NTs - Most Important in a Partner
    By bechimo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 10-10-2010, 12:32 AM
  2. [NT] NTs - Most Important to be Valued For
    By bechimo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 10-09-2010, 05:08 PM
  3. [NT] NTs what do you spend most of the time thinking about?
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 05-30-2009, 11:30 PM
  4. [NT] NTs the most effective liars?
    By MetalWounds in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 02-15-2009, 10:33 PM
  5. [NT] NTs: Most hated type?
    By Synarch in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 10-18-2008, 11:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO