Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    Well, I sure don't agree with that!... and I can back it up (but don't care to share the personal unless its needed) It is extremely hard for me to determine how an "F" for instance is taking what I say or how I say it. I wouldn't hurt a fly... and I mean that quite literally.. I have ants I can't kill right now and am trying, instead, to relocate them. I am always shocked when I've, inadvertently, hurt someone and care deeply (admittedly on a more intellectual level... but "care" none-the-less.) I find "Fs" to actually be the most "closed" of all types. Sure, they react emotionally but seldom open up enough for me to know what they're thinking/feeling on a personal level... how they're "filtering" what I say.. so how am I to know how they will take something? I feel like I'm walking through a mine field communicating with them.
    I recognise that. It is not only that F's would be closed or "minefields", it also often means that they set standards for communication.
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Most brutal? Brute force?
    NT?

ENFJ. No contest. Even an ENTJs anger pales in the burning furnaces of an ENFJs gaze.

NTs are off handedly brutal yes but when they focus they are more like very skilled surgeons. Of course the fact that they ensure you DON'T sleep through the operation is quite worrying...
    Xander++;
    we fukin won boys

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by mippus View Post
    I recognise that. It is not only that F's would be closed or "minefields", it also often means that they set standards for communication.
    On the contrary, I'd say F types usually give you easy clues or hints when you have to guess what they think, while most T types are either impossible to decipher, or either in self-denial.

I am a T myself, but believe me, communication with fellow T is sometimes very difficult, mostly because T's have a tendency to think:

1) they are always right
    2) their opinion only matters
    3) they are always rational and objective even when they're obviously not
    4) emotions don't affect them, while in fact they do

On the other hand, F types express themselves more easily what really matters for them. It's a kind of nonverbal language you have to learn, like I tried to do. Despite common belief, this "language" is quite consistent and predictable. There's always a reason, even to "random outbursts". Observe their faces, observe how they react, and learn, learn, learn... Knowing how to analyze it is not only a skill, it is a form of intelligence.
    A T type who has learned to master this subtle art can communicate WAY MORE effectively his ideas or assimilate those of others.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

blackmail, your posts reek of F.

instead of going around correcting NTs on what being an NT is, why not examine the possibility that you may not be one.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post

instead of going around correcting NTs on what being an NT is, why not examine the possibility that you may not be one.
    I soooo agree.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post

1) Because learning to tame and use my emotions was a long and rather recent process. It was tiring, it was difficult, but it was rewarding as well. When I was a teen, I was unable to cope with that, I was just... like most people here.
    ENTPs develop Fe as their tertiary (as young adults), so don't worry, everything is normal for me and fits well within the MBTI parameters. What about you?

2) Because when dealing with NTs or in hot debates, I can sometimes be awfully cold, logic and brutally honest. I "regress", or "devolve" into my former (immature) self.
    (Try to use a sophism with me, you'll understand)

3) Because I talked about efficiency. True NFs could find my approach quite machiavellic and possibly frightening.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

now you seem to be a bit harsh on your assessment of NTs there Blackmail! some of us know better than to come off as harsh as a shot of Bacardi 151 (which by the way is totally nasty )- being flat out nasty to people really won't get you anywhere in life- to be truly Machiavellian you need to appear nice

You would have come across as being an ENFP there because you seem so sensitive to the insults and speaking tactics, which would be more indicative of Fi than Fe

Just thought I'd clear that up!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    to be truly Machiavellian you need to appear nice
    Exactly.

You would have come across as being an ENFP there because you seem so sensitive to the insults and speaking tactics, which would be more indicative of Fi than Fe
    I usually care very moderatly about insults. Where have you seen that?
    I'm sure our friend "digesthisickness" has already noticed it!

I have only a very average Fi, and hence, I do not deal well with internal values. My primary instinct is rather "How does it work?" rather than "Is it good or bad?".

Besides, ENFPs don't like to argue just for the sake of arguing. I do.

---

Indeed, I have a very high Fe. This means I am interested into how people feel and behave according to this, while my own personal feelings are often secondary. Fe is very useful when you try to understand people, not Fi.

Is it so difficult to get it? Frankly?

7w8 SCUxI

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I was just explaining why it could be construed that way High Fe will get you accused of being an F, don't you know that?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett