First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by sakuraba View Post
    NoBut when it comes to battle. You really dont want an NT on the opposite side of you.
    I agree.
    But there is a way to confuse the NT but not by any logical means.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Alcea Rosea View Post
    I agree.
    But there is a way to confuse the NT but not by any logical means.
    Are you thinking what Im thinking?
    *Whispers: Kill them with love?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Are you thinking what Im thinking?
    *Whispers: Kill them with love?
    No, I rather confuse NT's with sudden emotional outbursts.

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

OUCH!!! That is our weak spot indeed, since it is so irrational, unpredictable and confusing...
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Immature NT's are often considered very brutal, yes.

The illusion of rationality can give them too much self-assurance, and hence make them display their worst side.
    Being brutal means you are not aware of context, and hence, is rather a sign of lack of intelligence.

What's the point of having an argument if it's not understood or immediately dismissed?

Many NT's say they did not mean to intentionally harm, but I think that's a vague excuse for not being aware of their own aggression instinct.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Interesting.

The underlying premise of this thread seems a suggestion that enhanced rationality and/or clarity of vision produces brutality?

No.

Quite the opposite usually, I find. To realize (and therefore embrace) the intellectual structures of others - a trait not localized with or necessarily championed by the NT (sidenote) - tends to create an elevated sense of personality responsibility to others, rather than against them.

The "most brutal" is usually therefore the most thoughtless.

Edit: Well said, Blackmail.

MBTI
    ENFP

hehehe good one.!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Immature NT's are often considered very brutal, yes.

The illusion of rationality can give them too much self-assurance, and hence make them display their worst side.
    Being brutal means you are not aware of context, and hence, is rather a sign of lack of intelligence.

What's the point of having an argument if it's not understood or immediately dismissed?

Many NT's say they did not mean to intentionally harm, but I think that's a vague excuse for not being aware of their own aggression instinct.
    Nicely put Blackmail. And Later they come to you for more understanding, after much deliberation, regret and guilt. sighhh.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    ....Someone here posted that NTs make good Generals due to a strategic viewpoint without regard for the individual's feelings... something like that. Is that brutal? I mean, really, they aren't there to coddle or nurture an enemy. They're there to take prisoners or kill them. Its kill or be killed. Killing the enemy is saving your own people. I guess war is brutal in a sense but those waging it, as individuals, aren't necessarily. I was a Captain's Driver and had many long conversations about this. They suffer.
    I had written something about this but never posted it.

Yes, I don't think it's as personal for NT leaders in some sort of conflict... at least not the NTPs. (I think NTJs probably do take things a little more personally, but not nearly as personally as STs can and do...)

I hate war and I hate the thought of killing people, but if I have to fight and I think the danger is real enough, I would not mess around with niceties. You fight to win, and you win with as least damage to yourself and your cause as possible, and you get it over with as soon as you can.

Strategically, if you're in a war, you can't depend on the other side following "rules" or somehow sparing you. If you're going to fight and can't find another option, you need to win, and you minimize risk to yourself by removing the opposition. if you're not willing to do that, you're serving yourself badly to enter a war.

It's a detached strategic analysis of a situation and the most efficient way to approach it.... and I prefer that others carry out the plan, if I have that option.

Why do I prefer others do it? Because I'm not a brutal person. I can be impersonal and approach things in terms of risk-management when I need to... but I still empathize with others and this diminishes my effectiveness in a hands-on role. I do strategy because I'm NOT brutal.

I think NTPs are like that, in general. They'll dance around and play, sometimes get nasty depending on their past and the situation, but overall they don't really enjoy brutalizing others. The majority of the damage they cause is from being too impersonal and not fully understanding the impact of their actions/words on people who do not think/process things as they do.

NTJs do seem to personalize more, overall.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I tend to be wary of discussions that merge character traits with personality traits. The personality types determine cognitive processing. Brutality results from conditioning. People who are made to feel powerless by an oppressor and through choice and opportunity learn to relieve that sense of powerlessness by oppressing others, develop brutality. This process can be imposed on any personality type. The manner in which brutality is processed and expressed will differ based on which functions dominate and how they relate, etc. It may be that the NT, or any T will be more direct in their brutality. This may give the perception that there is an inclination. However, sugar coated brutality can be most painful as well. People are complex and it seems problematic to assign a character trait to a personality in this manner. What do you think?
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INTP

Watch what NTs you do that with... some react quite badly.
    "The subject chooses to sit in shadow and search for wisdom by reflecting upon his trial. The problem is not that he is cold and wet, but that cold and wet seems problematic, so he embraces those hardships in order to best them."