• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Would an NT ever admit (s)he's of average intelligence?

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I think that you'd be hard pressed to find anyone of any type who would admit to being of average intelligence, much less being stupid.

bcubchgo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I think that you'd be hard pressed to find anyone of any type who would admit to being of average intelligence, much less being stupid.

Not true... There are some people that are ok with being average and even relish in it.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I AM OF AVERAGE INTELLIGENCE!!!!!!!!!

(Waits to have NT license revoked :D )

Now intellectual humility: I'm afraid my NTness doesn't allow me to fully engage in such a matter.... As an NT, there's just so much pride focused on intellectual capabilities that there will natually be a lot of focus on the things that we are actually awesome at, the quiet brushing aside of those itty bitty things that we have not yet conquered, and the devaluing of things that we're not good at that aren't really cool in the first place anyway :D

T

ThatGirl

If you're waiting for us to congratulate you, you should have considered posting this little confession in the NF forum....

:coffee:

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That was an even faster revocation than I expected, congratulations :coffee:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
something something something...and something witty. :coffee:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So calculatedly impressive! Are you sure you're not an NT? :D

(Nods) I presume that something something something compared to the general population. But most something something and they don't consider something something something something. Imagine if something something something and then something didn't something right. That's how something something. And THAT'S what I mean by something something something. (Something broad.) (Conclusion.)

And that's why something something.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

(Nods) I presume that something something something compared to the general population. But most something something and they don't consider something something something something. Imagine if something something something and then something didn't something right. That's how something something. And THAT'S what I mean by something something something. (Something broad.) (Conclusion.)

And that's why something something.

*smokes pipe* Quite.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

True. Even dumb people think they're smart.

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Out of all the NT types, I think INTPs would do the best in accounting or med school.

med school maybe depending on which branch of it one considers

accounting = instant mental death taking place slowly and grindingly excruciatingly

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Every single self-proclaimed NT (and that could be the reason for this) claims that they're gifted/high IQ.

Usually, I'd say "not all NTs claim that", but I haven't seen even ONE NT admit that they were merely of average intellect or below.

Guilty as charged. :happy2:

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
med school maybe depending on which branch of it one considers

accounting = instant mental death taking place slowly and grindingly excruciatingly

For shame. INTPs would be the best accountants out of all NTs, but would hate it the most. ENTPs would probably start the next Enron scandal for the lulz. :)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I'ld never admit that I am from intelligence. That would be kinda dumb, wouldnt it ?

buckeyes

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8W7
I only care to be intelligent at a few things. I don't care for IQ tests as they have little use other than for one-upping others.

N

NPcomplete

Every time I say that I feel less than brilliant, people look at me like I'm crazy. So while it's not difficult for me to say that I am moderately intelligent, it will be difficult for me to convince others.

:cool:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Every time I say that I feel less than brilliant, people look at me like I'm crazy. So while it's not difficult for me to say that I am moderately intelligent, it will be difficult for me to convince others.
Don't worry. I believe you.

;)

jimrckhnd

MBTI Type
INTP
For shame. INTPs would be the best accountants out of all NTs, but would hate it the most. ENTPs would probably start the next Enron scandal for the lulz. :)

You do know that most INTPs dislike routines right? And do you know what INTPs do when they are given a task they dislike? They either do it badly or simply don't do it.

INTPs would make horrible accountants; that's probably why you don't find too many doing it.