Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    I do. All the time.
    You are a very honest person.

...Oh wait.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTJ

Why wouldn't he?
    I know I'm above average in intelligence, but I also know that there are so many people that are much more intelligent than me. I attended a high-school that only allowed top grade students in Sweden, among that group of people I certainly felt average, if not even below average.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Green View Post
    Why wouldn't he?
    I know I'm above average in intelligence, but I also know that there are so many people that are much more intelligent than me. I attended a high-school that only allowed top grade students in Sweden, among that group of people I certainly felt average, if not even below average.
    I attended an early college program, so that's probably why I feel the same way.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

I am much smarter than most people I have ever met, but I am not the smartest. I think it is more important that I can grasp and apply theories/ideas/bits of information to make something awesome.

That being said, I haven't met a dumb NT yet.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Me neither... but if I think someone is dumb, I usually don't care enough about them to find out their MBTI type. :/ Because I don't like dumb people very much.

But I think the percentage of one type or another among the dumb people I know is the same as the percentage of one type or another among everyone I know -- i.e. I know more dumb NFs because I know more NFs in general. Seems pretty proportional. *shrugs*

EDIT: To clarify, my definition of "dumb" usually relates to a lack of common sense and a belligerent inability to figure out how wrong you are about something -- i.e. inability to listen to reason, i.e. a certain type of closed-mindedness. And by that definition, I have met quite a few dumb NTs.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENTP

I've got an abstract mind. I'm good with numbers, vectors, curvatures, tensors... you name it. I guess "abstract mind" is one of the signs of NT-ness (wasn't N the abstract side?) Of course, this means I'm above average intelligence... if you test intelligence with math.
    Otherwise, I'm just your average girl. That's why I prefer to say I'm "good at math". It's a bit more modest and a lot more true.

I've once taught a class of future electricians. They assumed that, because I could do these impossible things like finding the zeroes of a parabola (which is, in my opinion, EASY), I was all-round "smart" and knew everything. So they started asked questions about electric circuits. Now, I know Ohms' law and a few other very basic things, but how to build a circuit that can make an electric motor turn both directions, including a safety for when a stupid guy switches the forward moving motor into reverse without stopping it??? No idea.
    They were baffled. "But you're INTELLIGENT! You can do math! What are you going to do then when there's some problems with the electricity at your house?"
    I had the perfect answer: "Call an electrician, of course. Maybe I'll call YOU!" But they still struggled with the concept that they could be smarter than their math teacher... In my opinion, one of the most important tasks of a teacher is making the students feel they can be smart too.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    I am much smarter than most people I have ever met, but I am not the smartest. I think it is more important that I can grasp and apply theories/ideas/bits of information to make something awesome.

Ditto that. I have, however, met a couple of excruciatingly close-minded NTs... which could be considered a type of stupidity/idiocy.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by copperfish17 View Post
    Ditto that. I have, however, met a couple of excruciatingly close-minded NTs... which could be considered a type of stupidity/idiocy.
    I agree that willful ignorance and a stubborn clinging to irrational beliefs is a form of stupidity. It prevents reasoned and logical inferences in much the same way that an inability to grasp such reasoning brings about.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

The average 'average' is my 'embarrassingly low'. So I'm above that average but with mine I've far to go.
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

MBTI
    INFJ

Yeah and all the NF's think they understand everyone, specifically INFJs tend to think they are some sort of psychic... its pathetic.
    Ground control to Major Tom