User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    And apparently, again I say, even if you were being sarcastic in saying that I made up the term "emotional intelligence"
    I quote myself:

Quote Originally Posted by alakazam View Post
    I wasn't saying that at all. It is a made up term. I did not say that you made it up.
    Intuition is the supra-logic that cuts out all the routine processes of thought and leaps straight from the problem to the answer.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I quote myself:
    Why? We already clarified that issue, bro. You didn't even read the content of my post. I said even if you were being sarcastic when you said I made it up, clearly you don't understand the DEFINITION of the term if you think it's about feeling more deeply.

Here you go ladies and gentlemen: an NT with average intelligence.

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

EI is "a constellation of emotional self-perceptions located at the lower levels of personality." In lay terms, trait EI refers to an individual's self-perceptions of their emotional abilities
    This is a subclass within the scope of cognitive intelligence. It is not a separate thing: it is a term used to define a very narrow field of intelligence, focusing exclusively on emotions and self-perception.

Back to what I said originally, this particular area is all-too-often ignored by NTs; but, to beat them on the head with a term created because you (note: "you" is used in a generally plural sense) wanted to have your own special term instead of calling things what they are.
    Intuition is the supra-logic that cuts out all the routine processes of thought and leaps straight from the problem to the answer.

MBTI
    INTP

I wouldn't admit to having average intelligence, because I've seen what average intelligence looks like in the real world. I know I'm quicker to catch onto things than a lot of people around me. I know I've had my intelligence tested several times throughout my education. However, I also know there are a LOT of folks who are smarter than I am, and a lot of folks who have aptitude in areas that I will never have aptitude in.

I think part of the reason NTs wouldn't admit they have average intelligence is that their intelligence is pretty much what they're noticed for. Many of us are not the popular kids or the social kids or the artistic kids...we're the smart kids. Which is not to say people of other types are not intelligent--I guess the "rational vibe" just calls people's attention to the brainy stuff. There's no smokescreen of social brilliance to dazzle and distract the eye.

Also, by saying, "yes, I think I have above average intelligence," it's not meant to be seen as a brag or an ego thing (and others might disagree...no big deal). It's kind of one of those things I felt confident in, growing up. It's the stuff I have had to work on that brings me more pleasure to be complimented on.
    Something Witty

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

This is a subclass within the scope of cognitive intelligence. It is not a separate thing: it is a term used to define a very narrow field of intelligence, focusing exclusively on emotions and self-perception.

Back to what I said originally, this particular area is all-too-often ignored by NTs; but, to beat them on the head with a term created because you (note: "you" is used in a generally plural sense) wanted to have your own special term instead of calling things what they are.
    Yes people want to have their own special term and beat you over the head with it. That's right. Everyone is out to get you. It's not just that you don't know everything and don't like admitting you have weaknesses in certain types of intelligence, such as social skills, ability to read other people, and the ability to comprehend the underlying reasons why other people do what they do.

That's it.

P.S. There's no such thing as an INTx and I think you're probably an INTP.

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

don't like admitting you have weaknesses in certain types of intelligence, such as social skills, ability to read other people, and the ability to comprehend the underlying reasons why other people do what they do.
    For goodness sake, it's not a type of intelligence. It's a field within. One which some people people have worked more at than others, but it is not its own type of intelligence.

P.S. There's no such thing as an INTx and I think you're probably an INTP.
    *gasp* THANK YOU. I've been wondering about that for so long! It always seemed odd to me that these tests never gave me an X and none of the MBTI stuff talked about an X. They just kept talking about Ps and Js. If it weren't for you and your apparently vastly superior [emotional] intellect, I'd be at such a loss right now.

But perhaps if you weren't so caught up in the details and clear distinctions of words/things, you'd realize that things are not black and white: they are variable. You are not P or J - just some varying degree between two extremes. I am on the border, exhibiting strong traits from both J and P characteristics. Therefore, which should I select? P or J? Or should I put something that represents that I am not only one or the other? Like, for example, an "x"?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

For goodness sake, it's not a type of intelligence. It's a field within. One which some people people have worked more at than others, but it is not its own type of intelligence.

*gasp* THANK YOU. I've been wondering about that for so long! It always seemed odd to me that these tests never gave me an X and none of the MBTI stuff talked about an X. They just kept talking about Ps and Js. If it weren't for you and your apparently vastly superior [emotional] intellect, I'd be at such a loss right now.

But perhaps if you weren't so caught up in the details and clear distinctions of words/things, you'd realize that things are not black and white: they are variable. You are not P or J - just some varying degree between two extremes. I am on the border, exhibiting strong traits from both J and P characteristics. Therefore, which should I select? P or J? Or should I put something that represents that I am not only one or the either? Like, for example, an "x"?
    The vacilliation on your part indicates that you, sir, are most definitely a P. Especially if you've been vacilliating since 2010.

Not only that, but the four dichotomies aren't real. It's all Jungian function theory, in my opinion.

J and P are the MOST important letters in Jungian typing, because it's the result of dom function. Your dom function is your primary lens through which you see the world.

I'm glad you've decided independently that emotional intelligence isn't a type of intelligence. Some people also believe that aliens have probed them anally, to each their own.

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

The vacilliation on your part indicates that you, sir, are most definitely a P. Especially if you've been vacilliating since 2010.
    Ooooo you can use (and misspell) a big word. You must feel pretty proud of yourself.

J and P are the MOST important letters in Jungian typing, because it's the result of dom function. Your dom function is your primary lens through which you see the world.
    So, I can interact with the world primarily through direct, rational/logical control, or I can observe by intuitively taking in what I see, but I cannot do both? Sure, both at the same time is unlikely, but we have a fourth dimension. I can perform either function depending on what the situation calls for or whichever I want to do. Again, if you'll get your mind out of black-and-white-ville, you might see this.

Also, which letters form the most important distinction depends entirely on for what you're hoping to use such a distinction. For example, if you're looking for someone to come up with something new or see subtle nuances, then N/S is your primary distinction.

I'm glad you've decided independently that emotional intelligence isn't a type of intelligence. Some people also believe that aliens have probed them anally, to each their own.
    Yep. I'm glad too. Good to know we've both taken the advice "Don't get mad; get GLAD!" to heart.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Ooooo you can use (and misspell) a big word. You must feel pretty proud of yourself.

So, I can interact with the world primarily through direct, rational/logical control, or I can observe by intuitively taking in what I see, but I cannot do both? Sure, both at the same time is unlikely, but we have a fourth dimension. I can perform either function depending on what the situation calls for or whichever I want to do. Again, if you'll get your mind out of black-and-white-ville, you might see this.

Also, which letters form the most important distinction depends entirely on for what you're hoping to use such a distinction. For example, if you're looking for someone to come up with something new or see subtle nuances, then N/S is your primary distinction.

Yep. I'm glad too. Good to know we've both taken the advice "Don't get mad; get GLAD!" to heart.
    So tonight I have encountered a self-described INTx who has never read Jung, and apparently neither Beebe nor Lenore Thomson either. But he's talking to me about things not being black and white.

If you understood personality theory, you'd know it actually makes more sense to say you're IxTP or xNTP than INTx.

You'd also understand that an INTJ most certainly wouldn't be comfortable running around with such uncertainty for years at a time, even if you go with MBTI or Keirsey instead.

You don't know the definition of emotional intelligence, and you accuse me of black and white thinking, but then point out a minor misspelling in a word instead of reacting to content.

This indicates to me INTP as well, terrible Ti/Si loop nit-picky thing that's common for you guys.

I majored in English Lit, btw, and had a 3.9 GPA in college. The fact that you're talking down to me like I'm an idiot while you sit there and attempt to speak with authority about things you haven't even studied lets me know just how brilliant you are. Yes, you're so SMRT.

You're exactly the kind of NT I was talking about in my original post. It's absolutely hilarious. Thank you sir for the marvelous example.

MBTI
    INxJ

I do. All the time.